Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

ayatollah wrote: »
    ****ing delighted someone hit that complete ****wit. only wish it was me or possibly lashly or abyss.

I dunno, I wouldn't mess with Kong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

yeah true enough - i hope she landed a couple of good slaps on him.

have to say from reading the impact and xplosion spoilers on pwinsider - i'd be a little concerned over the direction that TNA are taking under Hogan thus far.

for one thing styles should be no one and i mean absolutely no ones bitch - so what gives with this bullsht with flair.

why is daniels losing on ppv's? thought he was in the title picture?

the nasty boys? seriously??!?!?!?!

if Hall wasn't in good enough shape to wrestle why was he booked?

whats all this crap about waltman not wanting to wrestle?

now would indeed be a good time to reintroduce the Front line - at least we'd be seeing some of the wrestlers we've been following for the last few years.

where's rhino?

jeff hardy - pointless entrance - makes no sense unless he was supposed to be fueding with homocide.

too many more and i'm pretty much just ranting through a keyboard at this stage.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=44424
    TNA will be taping Impact tonight and tomorrow as well at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida.

The word making the way around the wrestlers is that from those who saw the incident, the Awesome Kong beating of Bubba the Love Sponge was far worse than he presented it on his show this morning.

Jeremy Borash appeared on "Right After Wrestling" on SIRIUS Radio Channel 98 last night. He noted he would be doing his online appearances while he was off television, so I guess that means the Spin Cycle and the post-game shows. Borash was at TV yesterday.

Petition to bring back the six sided ring:
    http://www.petitiononline.com/n2k4mlcj/petition.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

i think i'm in love with awsome kong.

****ing delighted someone hit that complete ****wit. only wish it was me or possibly lashly or abyss.

the only shame is that he'll recover

No man, it had to be Kong. If it had been Lashley or Abyss, it would have been a trained fighter or an absolute beast of a man roughing him up. As it was, he got his ass handed to him by a girl.*

This has been the one thing about TNA that's made me smile since January 4.

* Yes, a beast of a girl, but BTLS will forever be the guy who got beaten up by a lady wrestler. Unless it's a work, in which case I think I'll cry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The Young Bucks aka Generation Me's debut match.

Very nice. I would love to see these 2 teams get 20-25 minutes. They would tear the place asunder.

Taz: "Who are these Young Bucks?"
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

[QUOTE=gimmick;64090362Taz: "Who are these Young Bucks?"
    :D[/QUOTE]

haha, I liked that too, so much I even said it on his twitter. :D

Ha! Every time I think he's starting to become another big lump of deadwood drawing a paycheck, he goes and says something like that.

Go Taz. Bless you, man.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Petition to bring back the six sided ring:
    http://www.petitiononline.com/n2k4mlcj/petition.html

Jaysus no. About time they got rid of that silly ring.

Only saw the last three matches of Genesis. The tag match was awful. Anderson and Abyss was boring and the crowd got on Kens back. The main event was going good until the last couple of minutes. Kicking out of a finisher is one thing, but kicking out of a finisher when it's done from the top rope is just stupid. Now if anyone gets beat by the regular Angle Slam it makes them look weak.

AJ turning heel and associating with Flair is a very stupid move. They turned their biggest face heel for no good reason and he has to share his heat with a way over the hill Flair.

I have no idea who TNA's biggest face is now and I don't think they do either.

Something tells me Hogan does, though - or thinks he does :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Well he's been telling everyone for weeks that it's AJ, but then they decided to just go ahead and change that.

It's the same old crap with TNA, storylines that go nowhere and random face/heel changes and swerves just because they can and not because they make any sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

the mans ego knows no bounds.

i always thought that styles was a fantastic face - the crowd get behind him no matter who he faces - to me it makes no sense for him to cheat to beat some guy he dropped cleanly 3 times in a row.?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?

now if he had've cheated to beat daniels you could've pulled a double swerve and it would've added creedence to daniels claims and at least given us a decent fued.

sorry i was referring to hogan at the start there - i kinda assumed it was understood - but ya never know

the mans ego knows no bounds.

i always thought that styles was a fantastic face - the crowd get behind him no matter who he faces - to me it makes no sense for him to cheat to beat some guy he dropped cleanly 3 times in a row.?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?

now if he had've cheated to beat daniels you could've pulled a double swerve and it would've added creedence to daniels claims and at least given us a decent fued.

sorry i was referring to hogan at the start there - i kinda assumed it was understood - but ya never know

Understood loud and clear! It's probably a worrying sign that this thread wouldn't be that out of place on ranting & raving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Thats a good point actually, who is the top face? (Actual face I mean, not Hogan.)

flahavaj wrote: »
    Thats a good point actually, who is the top face? (Actual face I mean, not Hogan.)

Angle, Pope, Sting, Abyss, Morgan and Hernandez:(. AJ had ready made feuds with Joe, Lashley, Wolfe, Daniels and even Anderson, there was no need whatsoever to turn him heel. But Russo seems to have this obsession with sticking AJ with whoever TNA's flavour of the month is, first Christian, the Angle and now Flair.

Angle, Pope, Sting, Abyss, Morgan and Hernandez:(. AJ had ready made feuds with Joe, Lashley, Wolfe, Daniels and even Anderson, there was no need whatsoever to turn him heel. But Russo seems to have this obsession with sticking AJ with whoever TNA's flavour of the month is, first Christian, the Angle and now Flair.

He loves turning him heel as well, I remember him doing exactly the same back in the weekly PPV days when he first became champ.:mad:

flahavaj wrote: »
    He loves turning him heel as well, I remember him doing exactly the same back in the weekly PPV days when he first became champ.:mad:

He actually turned heel after Russo helped him win the title didn't he? AJ is an awesome face with a star studded line-up of heel challengers, is there any credible reason to turn him other than to turn him back again in a years time because the fans don't want to boo him?

He actually turned heel after Russo helped him win the title didn't he? AJ is an awesome face with a star studded line-up of heel challengers, is there any credible reason to turn him other than to turn him back again in a years time because the fans don't want to boo him?

Think so.

Its just madness.

AJ as a heel will never work unless they bring back Mortimer Plumtree.:D

Our questions of AJ's challenger have been answered (I'm not entirely sure where to put these so I'll throw them here): iMPACT! Spoilers:
    Orlando Jordan defeated Jay Lethal with a Flatliner.

Brian Kendrick and The Motor City Machine Guns defeated Amazing Red and Generation Me in a six man tag match when Kendrick pinned Red after a kick to the head. The Machine Guns had Red beaten and Kendrick made a blind tag. After the match, Kendrick, Sabin, and Shelley argued.

Amazing Red was in the ring and the British Invasion came to the ring for Rob Terry to cash in his X Division Title Match Feast or Fired briefcase. After some discussion between the members of the British Invasion, they decided to give Doug Williams the briefcase and use it for the match against Amazing Red.

Doug Williams defeats Amazing Red to become the new X Division Champion with Chaos Theory. Red was unable to overcome Williams who overwhelmed Red despite a valiant effort.

After the match, Rob Terry appeared to be angry about what just happened in the ring.

D'Angelo Dinero defeated A.J. Styles with a small package in a non-title match.

After the match, Flair and Styles attacked Dinero but Samoa Joe came to the ring to help Dinero and made the save. Joe and Dinero cleared the ring of Styles and Flair. Joe got a mic and said that A.J. got rid of everything for a cheap suit and some hos. Joe tells A.J. that he will teach him a lesson at Against All Odds. Samoa Joe will face A.J. Styles for the TNA Heavyweight Title on February 14th at Against All Odds.

Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff come out and they call out Mick Foley because of his attack on Eric Bischoff last week. Mick comes out and he says that he wishes he attacked Bischoff but he did not do it. Foley said that if he attacked Bischoff, he would have been taken out on a stretcher. Foley calls Bischoff a liar. Hogan tells Foley and Bischoff that they need to work it out or Foley needs to walk out the two. Foley and Hogan had a stare down.

The Beautiful People defeated TNA Knockouts Champion Tara and TNA Knockouts Tag Team Champions Hamada and Awesome Kong in a six woman tag match. The referee was distracted by Tara and Lacey brawling and that allowed Madison to hit Hamada with the Ugly Stick to get the win.

After the match, Kong chased Velvet to the back. Lacey and Madison attacked Tara and Hamada until Angelina Love came out to make the save and Lacey and Madison left the ring.
    So they have Joe lose to Wolfe two weeks ago and now they have him main event a PPV, and to make up for Pope losing to OJ last week they have him beat Styles. It doesn't make any sense, none of these people are getting over. It's as if they're literally make this up as they go.

• Advertisement

"Whatcha gonna do TNA, when HULKAMANIA sh*ts all over you, brother!":pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Poor TNA, they had potential for a few minutes there a few weeks ago

I thought we'd have a month or two before the whole thing devolved into a three-ring circus. Guess Vinnie, the Hulkster and Bischoff exceeded my expectations. If things go on like this for long, I'd say all three men will find it hard to find employment after Dixie finally pulls the plug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 TheNatureBoy

TNA is turning out to be exactly the same as the old WCW with the story lines..in fairness was there any need to bring Scott Hall and Waltman back they bring absolutly nothing to the table,give it another 2weeks and the nWo will be back in action!! Hall is the worst looking i have ever seen him,jasus you can hardly fit another person in the camera shot when hes there hes that outta shape!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

So TNA tapped 2 iMPACT!'s this week and they were both poor according to the spoilers. So much for Hogan helping them out

http://www.wrestleview.com/news2009/1263965430.php

- Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff and Dixie Carter all met with Spike TV officials last week and were reportedly trying to convince the network to give them a weekly Monday night live show for Impact reports The Figure 4 Weekly Newsletter. While there has yet to be an official announcement, the feeling is that it is eventually going to happen. When that will come remains to be seen as there are at least no plans to push for a weekly live Monday night show in the next few weeks. The other situation at hand is if the show would run from 8:00-10:00 p.m. ET (airing an hour before WWE Monday Night Raw) or 9:00-11:00 p.m. ET (going head-to-head with Raw).

The way TNA are going atm, they're gonna get slaughtered in the ratings if they go up against Raw

http://www.wrestleview.com/news2009/1263965430.php

- Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff and Dixie Carter all met with Spike TV officials last week and were reportedly trying to convince the network to give them a weekly Monday night live show for Impact reports The Figure 4 Weekly Newsletter. While there has yet to be an official announcement, the feeling is that it is eventually going to happen. When that will come remains to be seen as there are at least no plans to push for a weekly live Monday night show in the next few weeks. The other situation at hand is if the show would run from 8:00-10:00 p.m. ET (airing an hour before WWE Monday Night Raw) or 9:00-11:00 p.m. ET (going head-to-head with Raw).

The way TNA are going atm, they're gonna get slaughtered in the ratings if they go up against Raw

Wow. Just, wow. It's almost as if Hogan and Bischoff are being paid by Vince to f*ck the competition up as quickly and spectacularly as possible.

Against All Odds PPV poster has been released.

Against_All_Odds_%282010%29.jpg

Against All Odds PPV poster has been released.

Against_All_Odds_%282010%29.jpg

Hmmmmm....

Aside from the fact that it's an old-school AJ photo (unless he's dry-humping one of his new valets and she's just cut out), the pics of Foley (who's not exactly getting much TV time) and Angle are both somehow... familiar. Meanwhile, we've the disembodied Hogan head in the background, kinda like the baddie from double dragon II. Surely some original pics could have been taken rather than just having some fellah much around with photoshop for ten minutes. Or are they short-staffed on the production side?

Also, having the name of another PPV appear on a poster more than the one it's actually promoting isn't a great idea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Vinnie Mac must be laughing at Hulk's TNA

I dont understand the reasoning for turning Styles heel :confused:

Advertisement