Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Restaurant in Greystones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

ciaran67 wrote: »
    I know what you mean though.

Exactly. :p

For the record, I cook alot, but alas I am the amateur. All hail the pro for a quick meal!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

astrofluff wrote: »
    Exactly. :p

For the record, I cook alot, but alas I am the amateur. All hail the pro for a quick meal!

I often smell burning when driving over the other side of Charlesland. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

bumping this up guys,
    never mentioned Donnybrook Fair before on this thread,i know it's not a restaurant but was very impressed with their breakfast this morning.

All fresh cooked while you wait,had it in with nice cup of coffee,think it was €7.50 for breckie,coffee was a bit expensive @ i think €2.20

in sayin the above i will still be getiing stuck in to my usual monthly 3Q's breckie,looking forward to it

sorry off topic for the first time i got a piece of beef in DF and it was divine

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭caji

Was in Vino Pasta a few weeks ago with a few friends. Had the early bird. Was fantastic! We were all really impressed. Service was great also. Will definitely be going back!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Oldlegs

Was in Bocellli's recently and was pleasantly surprised. Hadn't been there in a while but was very impressed with the updated menu. Mushroom & Spinach starter followed by slow-cooked pork on bed of black-pudding mashed potato was excellent. I will defo be going back for it again.

Had been getting bad reviews in the past but they seem to have upped their game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭audreyp

I went to the Tapas place Maurzac last night and the food was quite tasty. I was pleasantly surprised. I would go again.

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

audreyp wrote: »
    I went to the Tapas place Maurzac last night and the food was quite tasty. I was pleasantly surprised. I would go again.

I have to agree with you.
    Have been a few times and it was great every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,432 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

audreyp wrote: »

You went on Tuesday, and it was gone by Wednesday? What the hell happened!?

Really disappointed that it appears to be gone, was planning on going there this weekend with a load of friends - was really really looking forward to it, especially their apple crumble dessert!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭audreyp

I have no idea what happened. It was really quiet on Tuesday but assumed it was just a slow Tuesday night and we had gone by 9 anyways. I asked the waiter how the business was going and he said great so never expected it to be closed the next day. No idea what happened, it was first time in the restaurant. I really liked it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 likewhine

My fave is the Hungry monk by a long shot yum yum! Followed by chakra and the royal park for a bit of soakage!! NOt the same night obviously! Although im starving now for a hungry monk burger!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Agree on the hungry monk except for the super loud manager who thinks it's a social event for him.. I don't need to hear him kissing arse at full volume.

Chakra has the best and fastest service for sure.

Royal park I would not touch since the great service charge rip off of last years Chinese new year party.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭GAN

Had a really good breakfast yesterday in Pebbles Cafe up beside Lidl. Lovely French toast for me, excellent full Irish for hubby. They also have very nice scones, bread, spelt rolls etc and do all their own baking. Was pleasantly surprised, and I think they do breakfast all day.

GAN wrote: »
    Had a really good breakfast yesterday in Pebbles Cafe up beside Lidl. Lovely French toast for me, excellent full Irish for hubby. They also have very nice scones, bread, spelt rolls etc and do all their own baking. Was pleasantly surprised, and I think they do breakfast all day.

how much was it?
    won't beat 3Q's breckie,although it's about €11 or €12 euro,also DF do a nice breckie

Just under twenty quid for one full Irish, one French toast special (served with nutella and a bowl of fruit salad with natural yogurt), one latte and one tea. Fry served with two big slices of home-made brown bread, hubby couldn't finish it, he was stuffed. I thought it was good value, I like 3Q's as well but haven't tried Donnybrook Fair yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭GingerDave

Each to thier own but 20 notes for two breakfasts and drinks is good value?!

I some times forget how rich this country really is....lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 likewhine

GingerDave wrote: »

Likewhine likes this comment! 20quid for brekkie sheesh!!! not gonna lie tried Donnybrook fair thought was a bit too pricey and wasnt particularly nice.........

likewhine wrote: »
    Likewhine likes this comment! 20quid for brekkie sheesh!!! not gonna lie tried Donnybrook fair thought was a bit too pricey and wasnt particularly nice.........

nobody asked you to

cooked fresh while you wait,it's quality and is doing good business by the looks of things,also coffee is nice and free parking unlike the town,yes it is a bit pricey but i think it's worth it,

Well, to me value is as much about the quality of the food as the price you're paying -- I'd rather eat one really good quality meal and pay a bit more for it, than eat two cheap meals that weren't as nice. So from that point of view, I thought Pebbles was good value for the quality of the food they're doing.

On a separate but related note, it's good if you have kids cos it's very easy to get in and out with a buggy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

You can't beat Joe Sweeneys for a brekkie. Pure class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭GingerDave

GAN wrote: »
    Well, to me value is as much about the quality of the food as the price you're paying -- I'd rather eat one really good quality meal and pay a bit more for it, than eat two cheap meals that weren't as nice. So from that point of view, I thought Pebbles was good value for the quality of the food they're doing.

On a separate but related note, it's good if you have kids cos it's very easy to get in and out with a buggy.

Absolutely! But I would expect quality food that you describe for way under €20. It was only full irish and some french toast and drinks in a cafe near lidl in Greystones! Why pay european city prices?

As I say each to their own, and value is different for ever one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 DonerMews

Jaipur is in a class of its own, incredibly good authentic fIndian food, nice ambiance, attentive staff and reasonable prices. Their early bird menu is ridiculously good value for money. If only they delivered......

too greasy for my liking,like the fish though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Joe's brekkie is savage and great value. I like pebbles and the 3Q's too but for a quick stop off for a tasty fry on a Saturday morning Joe's wins every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

"in a cafe near lidl in Greystones! Why pay european city prices?"

The Ginger has it spot on again ..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Where is it??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Where is it??

Down at the harbour opposite the Beach House car park, there is a take away chipper there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Down at the harbour opposite the Beach House car park, there is a take away chipper there too.

THe chips are fine, but I tried the cafe there for lunch after a recommendation from this board, and I couldn't have been more underwhelmed. Duller than Eugene's selection of burnt cold sausages and fresh made chicken rolls (before they got rid of that product line).

"in a cafe near lidl in Greystones! Why pay european city prices?"

The Ginger has it spot on again ..

so what do you expect to pay for a substantial breakfast for 2?
    i think €20 is about right

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

I wouda said about 20-25

Two full irish is avg 15
    A coffee is about 3
    Orange juice 2-4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

GingerDave wrote: »

And eggs and bacon included in the best restaurants thread?? :D

Advertisement