Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broncos v 49ers Wembley Announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭49ers fan

yeah, just read that on 'Niners Nation'. Would agree with you in that Troy Smith is better QB than Carr, hopefully he can bring something to liven up the Offense....either way looking forward to Sunday at Wembley......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭jnk883

I have 3 tickets for game on Sunday. Cannot go now so do unexpected circumstances. Tickets worked out at €68 each when i got my credit card bill. I will sell for €50 each or all 3 for €140. Message me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

troy smith >>> carr definitely worth a shout for sunday...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭Trampas

when are people heading over?

i am on the 11.30 to gatwick but at a wedding the day before :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Trampas wrote: »
    when are people heading over?

i am on the 11.30 to gatwick but at a wedding the day before :(

Wedding Saturday: :D
    Hungover Sunday morn: :(
    Game Sunday: :D
    Night out Sunday: :)

So :D+:D+:)-:( = :cool: More good than bad!!

Have a blast in London!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Where's everyone heading Sunday night after the game? 4 of us heading and would like somewhere with cheap Drink :D

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

Weatherspoons pubs have £2 pints(sometimes £1)

SantryRed wrote: »
    Where's everyone heading Sunday night after the game? 4 of us heading and would like somewhere with cheap Drink :D

+1 esp somewhere with the rest of sundays football on!

arriving in heathrow about 10am and flying out monday night at about 7; when is everyone heading to the tailgate or are you at all?

Hazys wrote: »
    Wedding Saturday: :D
    Hungover Sunday morn: :(
    Game Sunday: :D
    Night out Sunday: :)

So :D+:D+:)-:( = :cool: More good than bad!!

Have a blast in London!

i would have said:

:D+:D+:)-:( = 2( :D )

The Green Man Pub is a good spot after the game.

Loads of people head there to watch the 9pm game

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 johndylan

People;

Can't go on Sunday - toddler ill. Have two tickets that are now going to go to waste. Hate to see waste, so if anyone wants them [in Cork, or indeed elsewhere] drop me a line johndylan@eircom.net and they're yours. Not looking for money for them, but if you're inclined you can make a donation to Barrettstown.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 49 The Cool One

Flying out on Saturday morning at around 11. Went on the Sunday last year, but it was too long a day, everybody was too tired after the match to do anything. Hopefully we'll get more of the experience this time, including the Fan Rally in Trafalgar Square.

Can't wait!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I'm flying over early on Saturday morning and going to the Emirates to see Arsenal v West Ham and then the NFL game on Sunday. Should be a great weekend :)

Edit: And also going to head along to the Greenman Pub after the game. Thanks for the reccomendation, sounds great.

'Bodeans' in Tower Hill is showing Tennessee -Chargers game at 9.05pm. Seems to get good reviews as opposed to other sports bars?? Might be worth a look. Must have a look at that 'Green man' spot aswell, Cant wait till Sunday. Just sitting here watching Oklahoma - Mizzou College game i recorded last Saturday.....Savage...:D

Yeah folks, As bobby wade pointed out 'Bodeans' is back in London itself, just thought if people were heading back into the city it might be a good spot. The 'Greenman' seems to get good reviews and is a lot closer to Wembley.

would prefer to watch the Vikings/Patriots game though:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

Tower Hill aint eactly close to Wembley

Headin to the airport now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Heading over tomorrow, drinking tonight though :s

Sat: Fulham V Wigan game - six FF players moved into my team!
    Sun: The Game, woo!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,203 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

johndylan wrote: »
    People;

Can't go on Sunday - toddler ill. Have two tickets that are now going to go to waste. Hate to see waste, so if anyone wants them [in Cork, or indeed elsewhere] drop me a line johndylan@eircom.net and they're yours. Not looking for money for them, but if you're inclined you can make a donation to Barrettstown.

Cheers

Just wanted to highlight what a top gesture this is. Hope your toddler gets well soon

Flying out tomorrow afternoon myself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Dodge wrote: »
    Just wanted to highlight what a top gesture this is. Hope your toddler gets well soon

Flying out tomorrow afternoon myself

Not only did he give them for free but he travelled to Shannon from Cork to give the tickets for my cousin to bring to Dublin. Serious topbloke, will be making my donation to Barrettstown soon. Hope your child gets well soon John.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

49ers fan wrote: »
    'Bodeans' in Tower Hill is showing Tennessee -Chargers game at 9.05pm. Seems to get good reviews as opposed to other sports bars?? Might be worth a look. Must have a look at that 'Green man' spot aswell, Cant wait till Sunday. Just sitting here watching Oklahoma - Mizzou College game i recorded last Saturday.....Savage...:D

Yeah folks, As bobby wade pointed out 'Bodeans' is back in London itself, just thought if people were heading back into the city it might be a good spot. The 'Greenman' seems to get good reviews and is a lot closer to Wembley.

Tks for posting this. Bodeans will be getting 2 extra Charger fans sun nite. Just called them to make sure they are showing it cos it would be a killer to cross town for nada. They are showing it. We'll be in the Green Man before the Wembley game, sporting our Halloween costumes, me as Ryan Mathews and my compadre as Quentin Jammer. See y'all there. Was in the Green Man before the game in 09, it was packed and great craic. Have loads of staff on too, so no probs getting a beer fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,203 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Another enjoyable day out. 1st half of the game was awful but it improved dramatically

Tailgate was improved 1000% percent

Just home, scary plane ride - had to pull back up on first approach! (I don't like flying)

Great craic at the game, managed to pull repeat stunt of last year with mate - getting into the Corporate bar again for some free pints and also acquired some nice NFL caps :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

First half was dire, second was better but the people in my row kept getting up to go get food/drink/toilet fcuk sake go to the toilet and get food on the same trip!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I enjoyed the day. Only got there about 2:30 so the queues for everything in the Tailgate were ridiculous so didn't stick around there too long. They also had ran out of the merchandise I was looking for by the time I got to the top of the queue. More money for beer though!

First half also flew by, started thinking the game would be over in under two hours!

Just back, great weekend, Tailgate was fairly good I thought, got there early so Q's weren't that bad, although the 'Hall of Fame' tent was mental!!!. I was a bit disappointed with the food hall, went to get a snack at the end of 2nd Quarter...., Hi Nachos please, Sorry sold out, ahh OK, 2 Pizza slices please, Sorry sold out.....raging to say the least. Still good fun, first half was awful, second half was much more entertaining. Thought it was hilarious the cheers from the crowd each time the Cowboys score came up...:D

49ers fan wrote: »
    Just back, great weekend, Tailgate was fairly good I thought, got there early so Q's weren't that bad, although the 'Hall of Fame' tent was mental!!!. I was a bit disappointed with the food hall, went to get a snack at the end of 2nd Quarter...., Hi Nachos please, Sorry sold out, ahh OK, 2 Pizza slices please, Sorry sold out.....raging to say the least. Still good fun, first half was awful, second half was much more entertaining. Thought it was hilarious the cheers from the crowd each time the Cowboys score came up...:D

Did you try other places for food or just the one area?

• Advertisement

Yeah, I just tried the 2 areas around are seat entrance, otherwise would have had to walk a good bit further on down to try some where else, between the Q's at the consession stands, Beers and Toilets didnt want to keep missing the game, anyway went for the Beef Pie instead....!!! Tasty :)

Advertisement