Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broncos v 49ers Wembley Announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

No harm there in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Yeah, the statement from the NFL said that these games are a substantial investment and with the economic downturn and some uncertainty in the NFL's future (possible uncapped year and a potential lockout), they don't want to offer 2 Wembley games when they might not be able to sustain it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

bobby wade wrote: »
    No harm there in my opinion

There is if you are still waiting for the Colts to come:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

I'm torn about going, I'd love to go cos I've been there the past two years and it's been great fun but who knows what kind of game you'd get for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Rumours of Tebow going to the 49ers so i'd like to see him........

BUT in Orlando for the 1st week of next season and might hit the jags if they are at home that weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭jasonb

As a Broncos fan of over 20 years, I'm delighted and have already registered my interest for tickets.

I was hoping there'd be a second game so that it'd be easier to get tickets for this. Have the tickets sold out pretty quickly in the previous years? I'm guessing registering your interest means you get to buy them online a day or two before the general public?

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭mickmc7

Presale begins on Monday morning at 10am(up to 8 tickets per person which I believe is way too many, just encourages touting), got email this morning. If you're flush with cash, the club wembley and hospitality seats go on sale on thursday.

Yep, got the email too. 8 is pretty large, but maybe they're trying to cater for groups of fans travelling together.

Had a look at the Ticketmaster UK website, all they have is a link to last year's game, nothing up about this one yet.

At least I won't have to get up early to get online if the sale doesn't start 'til 10.

If anyone went previously, is there any way when booking the tickets to know which side of the pitch will be the home side or the away side?

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Decided I'm going to buy a ticket for the game in Wembley in August. What's the Club Wembley thing all about, in comparison to normal tickets?

I presume you mean October?

As far as I can see, the Club Wembley tickets are either Endzone or Sideline tickets at the 'Club' level, which is about halfway up, i.e. it's considered not too high and not too low. You also get a 'VIP entrance' and some access to a bar or something like that.

I've no idea if it's worth the money or not, I suppose it depends on whether you can afford it!

J.

• Advertisement

Know some guys who used it & said it was great. early entry & leave late after game. Bar & food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭TheHeadhunter

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    What's the Club Wembley thing all about, in comparison to normal tickets?

I've gone Club Wembley before. Its very good. You have a seperate entrance to the stadium and closer and easier access to toilets/bar. The view is excellent from the seats and the seats themselves are very comfortable.

Worth the extra €'s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

jasonb wrote: »
    If anyone went previously, is there any way when booking the tickets to know which side of the pitch will be the home side or the away side?.

Home or away side? This is American football, not Association football. All the fans are mixed all around. When you're booking a ticket, you'll just be happy to get a ticket anywhere. There's generally fans of all 32 teams at the match and you'll probably see at least one jersey for every NFL team there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Whats the Premium level like? (£145)

JJ wrote: »
    Home or away side? This is American football, not Association football. All the fans are mixed all around. When you're booking a ticket, you'll just be happy to get a ticket anywhere. There's generally fans of all 32 teams at the match and you'll probably see at least one jersey for every NFL team there.

I figured that, I didn't think it was going to be segregated or anything like that. However, if possible, I'd like to be on the sideline that the Broncos are on, just 'cos I'd prefer that! So I'm trying to find out which sideline the away team is on this year. Maybe it's the same sideline for home / away teams every year? Anyone who's been over the last 3 years, maybe you could let me know? Thanks!

J.

How did people get on getting tickets?

As this was my first ( and probably last ) chance of seeing the Broncos, I decided to bite the bullet & go for the more expensive ones, the lower sidelines for £100.

I was logged on early and at 30 secs past 10 had two tickets. But they were in Block 119, and I really wanted somewhere more central. So I tried the Level 5 Rows 1-20 Tickets, and they were sold out! I went back to Level 1 and they were also sold out.

In the end, I managed to get Level 5 tickets a little more central, the £72.50 ones. Along with the £6.50 booking fee per ticket AND the £17 for FedEx delivery ( the only option! )

In the end I'm glad I have tickets, but hoped for better ones. Wasn't going to pay £100 for ones that much to one side though. And there's no way the central blocks in the lower sidelines went between 10:00:00 and 10:00:30, they're clearly either prebooked or kept for companies / sports agents etc. It's annoying when the 'Best Available' are off in a corner...

J.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Block 125, row 17, pretty much the other end to the field for last years games so are great seats!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,474 ✭✭✭Trampas

There isn't a bad seat in Wembley.

You could have picked up your tickets over there and saved yourself a few quid

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭mickmc7

Trampas wrote: »
    There isn't a bad seat in Wembley.

You could have picked up your tickets over there and saved yourself a few quid

They didn't give me that option unless i did something wrong. republic of Ireland was Fed-ex only delivery.
    I tried to get tickets for the sideline level 1, but couldn't seem to be able to get 4 in a row, ended up with cheaper endzone tickets. I dont really care, cant wait for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Icepickle

No mate you didn't do anything wrong.
    Unlike last year the only option available to ROI fans at 10am yesterday was Fedex delivery.
    My two tickets cost stg.£160 plus a whopping £29.70 (18.5%) admin & delivery fees.:mad::mad::mad:

I went back onto the site a few hours later just to check the process out again & the option for box office collection had since been added (stg£2.25).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

so who has got their tickets yet???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭Raoul

Not me:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'm not going anymore and am selling three tickets. Pretty impossible to ship them when I haven't got the tickets in hand yet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

I didn't get my tickets until the week before last year.

Cannot wait for this. I'll be sporting my Buc's Aqib Talib jersey on the day - give me a shout if you see me as one of the few Bucs fans here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

When I log into Ticketmaster the status of my tickets say that they are currently being printed. Hopefully they will arrive more than a week beforehand, I am in Italy from the Monday before until the Saturday

Lads is there anyone who'd be interested in purchasing three fifty pound tickets for the game? The person who was going to buy them off me has backed out and left me in the lurch. Might have to take the hit and head over anyways. Thanks.

tickets hae started arriving in England

I got an e-mail and text saying that my tickets have been dispatched

I'm going now anyways. Flights and Accom for 125. Session!! :D

• Advertisement

Tickets arrived yesterday, really looking forward to it, plus the week before the game I will be working in Florence and then flying into London :D

Advertisement