Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play off Weekend!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Generally a push and depending on the bookie you get your money back.

What website are you looking at? They should have outright win options also.

Paddypowers odds is where I did my bet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

robbie1977 wrote: »
    what happens if the saints win by 7 nobody wins?:confused:

If the Saints win by 7 the Cards are within 7 so I'd imagine people who bet on the Cards win their bets and people who backed the Saints lose their bets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

frostie500 wrote: »
    If the Saints win by 7 the Cards are within 7 so I'd imagine people who bet on the Cards win their bets and people who backed the Saints lose their bets

Nope the Cards need to lose by Less than 7 or win outright. If they lose by 7 it pushes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Hey Guys, Anybody know of any good streams for Cardinals v Saints tonight, I won't be at home so all I have is my laptop to watch it on

Hey Guys, Anybody know of any good streams for Cardinals v Saints tonight, I won't be at home so all I have is my laptop to watch it on

Threw the 3 links in the the Stream Thread for you:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=64039573#post64039573

• Advertisement

Cheers mate, I'm looking forward to the game, think the Saints will just have too much for the Cardinals, whats your opinion on the game ?

Cheers mate, I'm looking forward to the game, think the Saints will just have too much for the Cardinals, whats your opinion on the game ?

Im with the Saints also. They have that solid Passing game but they also have a solid running game as well and the ability to variate between the two. If both fire on all cylinders it will be too much for the Cardinals. But I do think the Saints D has to pressure Warner. No pressure and this will be a shootout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

This weeks suggested winners
    Indy
    Jets (well one can hope)

saints
    vikings

Im with the Saints also. They have that solid Passing game but they also have a solid running game as well and the ability to variate between the two. If both fire on all cylinders it will be too much for the Cardinals. But I do think the Saints D has to pressure Warner. No pressure and this will be a shootout.

Ye I agree with you on this if Warner is given the chance he could control the game, Who's your pick for the Super Bowl personally I think its going to be the Chargers year with a strong chance of a Saints v Chargers final

Ye I agree with you on this if Warner is given the chance he could control the game, Who's your pick for the Super Bowl personally I think its going to be the Chargers year with a strong chance of a Saints v Chargers final

Im going to come out of left field and say:

Jets V. Vikings Bowl.

Darrelle Revis for me is key in the Jets game against the Chargers. He is a pure shutdown corner and what a season he is having. I see him taking Jackson out of the game and forcing Rivers to use his other options. I also see the Jets Defense pressure both Rivers and Gates and making the Chargers run the ball something they haven't done efficiently all season long.

I hate the Jets with a passion but good football speaks for itself and the Jets are a contender now. Surprise package of the playoffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Predictions: Saints by 14, Colts by 10, Vikings in tight game, Jets in low scoring match.

Ive backed the Saints to win but I wouldnt write off the Cards running game. Beanie Wells is a good runner that has gotten good productivity as a singleback this year with defences having to bring in a nickel corner and maybe another corner, or put a backer outside, when the cards spread the field with four reciever. The Cards create space for Wells to run into by spreading out the field with multiple reciever sets.

As you say its all about the Saints D getting pressure on the Cards and doing whatever is possible to shut down Larry Fitz(make Warner and the Cards beat you with their second and third reads by always giving safety help for the corner on Fitzgerald.) Cant wait for this game could be a classic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Touchdown already, nice start. Could be a long night for the Saints.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,866 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Im going to come out of left field and say:

Jets V. Vikings Bowl.

Darrelle Revis for me is key in the Jets game against the Chargers. He is a pure shutdown corner and what a season he is having. I see him taking Jackson out of the game and forcing Rivers to use his other options. I also see the Jets Defense pressure both Rivers and Gates and making the Chargers run the ball something they haven't done efficiently all season long.

I hate the Jets with a passion but good football speaks for itself and the Jets are a contender now. Surprise package of the playoffs.
    I predicted that Jackson won't get many looks, but if you have a look back at the Chargers they did this for two games on the trot late in the season and won both games by big margins. I totally agree that Revis is exceptional but he can only cover one of the 6'5" receivers. I don't see any way the Jets can shut down that whole offense.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I predicted that Jackson won't get many looks, but if you have a look back at the Chargers they did this for two games on the trot late in the season and won both games by big margins. I totally agree that Revis is exceptional but he can only cover one of the 6'5" receivers. I don't see any way the Jets can shut down that whole offense.

I agree, I think the only way to get to the Charger's Offense, is to get to Rivers. i think the Colts have a pretty good chance of putting himunder pressure, but really if you want to beat them you need to score at least 30 points. i think the colts have a chance of doing that too - the Ravens and jets don't, IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

What a start! I decided to get a Weekly Game Pass for this, it's quality.

Impressive drive from the Saints there, this is going to be a great game I think,:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

has the makings for a shoot out already. And i only swapped out hightower 5 mins before kick off

Pure Cork wrote: »
    What a start! I decided to get a Weekly Game Pass for this, it's quality.

I got Sky during the week, and the missus has given me free reign of it all night. Woo hoo :D

That would have been such a fantastic play. What a beautiful pass by Warner.

• Advertisement

and the saints doing what they do so good. Stripping the ball and forcing turn overs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

3 touchdowns and only half way through the first quarter, living up to expectations so far

Super Saints

Well rest doesn't appear to have led to any rust for the Saints. Hope the Colts can start this sharp.

davyjose wrote: »
    Well rest doesn't appear to have led to any rust for the Saints. Hope the Colts can start this sharp.

I was talking to Peyton Manning and he is nervous. :D:p

big recovery by warner. The toll of last weeks game may have a bigger effect on the cards tonight than i thought. And the dome won't benefit them either. Some noise in the place.

I was talking to Peyton Manning and he is nervous. :D:p

He better be fcuking nervous - 2nd biggest night of his career tbh. ;)

big recovery by warner. The toll of last weeks game may have a bigger effect on the cards tonight than i thought. And the dome won't benefit them either. Some noise in the place.

The toll of last weeks game? What has that got to do with anything? They should be more up for this game than the Saints right now. The Key here is the pressure on Warner.

He didn't sound confident. He saw his buddy Tom get b1tch slapped and that worries him. :D;)

• Advertisement

Probably his third!:D

Advertisement