Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

Callan57 wrote: »
    Possibly but Christ he's dismal late at night

I like him but he provides nightmares for adults with his forceful delivery of the bad news....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Sen Thomas Byrne (FF) and Derek Davis (Live at Three), with Niamh Lyons , discussing Gay Byrne's Presidency Campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,071 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Silly season topic. The colour of Davies!

I would be surprised if Gay Byrne runs.

I think he loves being mentioned, and he will hog the headlines and top a few polls before he decides he doesn't fancy campaigning, or the intrusion into his personal life (and past).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

Skid wrote: »
    Sen Thomas Byrne (FF) and Derek Davis (Live at Three), with Niamh Lyons , discussing Gay Byrne's Presidency Campaign.

OMG, that idiot is now a Senator! I had hoped losing out at the general election was the end of him, didn't realise he was a Senator now. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

I think he loves being mentioned, and he will hog the headlines and top a few polls before he decides he doesn't fancy campaigning, or the intrusion into his personal life (and past).

Davis kind of gave us an insight there, that he might have a few old RTE enemies, who would be willing to do just that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,071 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Tubs on a couple of the front pages and not for the right reasons...haters will be loving this.

What's the chances of them talking about the TV3 job cuts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Tubs on a couple of the front pages and not for the right reasons...haters will be loving this.

What were the headlines.. Damned digital signal is bad with the weather, Tommy and PJ are a pair of lying wh0res...

The face on Niamh Lyons there, she could freeze lava with her stare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

Gay ****in Byrne. Again?

Come back Vinnie

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I wish Sam Smyth would get over his fixation with David Norris. Anyone would think he was in love with the guy :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

I don't know whether Gaybo is looking for a new Toyota, or the presidency, because Sam keeps calling the Áras the 'Auris':rolleyes:

That Opinion Poll was a bit mad, it had Gay Byrne polling stronger with 18-24 year olds than with pensioners.

It also had David Norris's support at it's highest ever.

I wouldn't treat it as Gospel.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ganley hosting it next week eh? Should be interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

That Opinion Poll was a bit mad, it had Gay Byrne polling stronger with 18-24 year olds than with pensioners.

It also had David Norris's support at it's highest ever.

I wouldn't treat it as Gospel.

You need a liveline thread for it to be gospel and they seem to be avoiding Gay Byrne as president.

According to Michell Europe isn't run by mad men*

*He qualifies this by pointing out that the current and previous EU General Secretaries were IRISH and the current GS is an Irish WOMAN thus disproving a headline grabbing quote that Europe is run by mad men! QED.

What's on tonight people.. Getting sick of the rotating of the presenters..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

very good call, you havn't got a sneaky crystal ball there. Any good tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

That's what you call a green tie.

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    very good call, you havn't got a sneaky crystal ball there. Any good tips?

Ha, Well, if you make enough predictions, you will be proved correct occasionally.

(Just hope no-one asks about the other ones!)

• Advertisement

What's on tonight people.. Getting sick of the rotating of the presenters..

Saorview playing up again?

Declan Ganley in the chair,

The Count, Alan Dukes, Peter Mathews and A.N. Other are the guests.

Niamh Lyons doing the papers later

I find it arrogant the way Peter Matthews says "correct" when somebody else is talking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

I find Peter Matthews arrogant

Fixed that.

Saorview playing up again?

Yeah.. pain in the ass... I'm back with analog for the moment.. fuzzy as hell... Looks like I'm up on the roof again tomorrow.. Gonna try not to do a Rod Hull on it..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

have been watching VB for about 3 years, watch n listen to loads current affairs programmes. Decided to stop cos of all the negative sh*t. Couldn't actually do it. Gave up smoking six weeks ago. strange?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Fergus_Nash

That's what you call a green tie.

I have a better, nicer more illuminous green tie:D

Yeah.. pain in the ass... I'm back with analog for the moment.. fuzzy as hell... Looks like I'm up on the roof again tomorrow.. Gonna try not to do a Rod Hull on it..

Hell no, be careful up there.

Did you ever try www.magnetwebtv.ie ? Streams the Irish stations very well, for free.

I think the damage is done on NAMA, most of those loans are next to worthless, the Banks should not have got a red cent for them.

Especially Bank of Ireland, which somehow, we only will end up with 15% of. despite having invested many times their Market Capitalisation in them.

That point about the Department Of Finance is very relevant.. They presided over the economic ruin of the country and not one of them was fired or brought before a committee to justify why they should be paid for their incompetence.. And then they commission a report effectively absolving them from all responsibility.. And dont get me started on PWC, Ernst & Young and their ilk..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Have Constantin or Declan mentioned their joint ventured Swiss Asset Management company yet?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement