Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Skid wrote: »
    Not a fan of George Costanza, MrsD?

He's a legend, don't listen to her, SCB.

MrsD probably doesn't even celebrate Festivus (like the rest of us) :)

Most women only ever seem to recognise George Costanza as the fella who played the sleazy b'stard in Pretty Woman ;)

I've already got myself in training for the Feats of Strength.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

Margaret E Ward should become host of this show.
    or tv3 should sign her up for something else
    smart girl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

milosh wrote: »
    Of course they are linked. At what wage do you think a teacher would lose some motivation to do the best they can. Is it at the point they have to take a 2nd job so thatthey can pay the mortgage? The value that government puts on health and education as a % of gdp shows the real worth of a country. Ireland has never funded education properly from the day they put it into the church's control till today.

As a parent I would like to know how much you think that the most important people (after parents) in the development of children should be paid.

your either a troll , a teacher or an idiot

our problem with education ( or health for that matter ) wasnt underinvestment , it was malinvestment , 80% of the education budget goes on wages to teachers , we have among the highest paid teachers in the eu , as for this nonesense about teachers lacking motivation in the event of further pay cuts , being able to pay the electricity bill and your tesco grocery bill is enough motivation for most people in a depression

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Ask pretty much anyone who attended a Christian Brothers school in past decades at about how 'influential' any of them were in their development?

Even as an eighties kid, I can say that most teachers I had did not give a stuff about the development of the majority of students. A few exemplary, well respected figures, but that was it.

How many Christian Brothers did you have in the 1990s? Did you go to a National CBS? I went to one in my final year of school and there were few to be found.

My sister made an interesting point to me about one of her sixth class teachers. Everyone hated her and they were scared to death of her, but she really hated my sister because my sister didn't care about her because as she put it she was only her teacher. The teacher wasn't a great teacher but my sister was of the opinion she had a job she did it and why should she really care what she though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Most women only ever seem to recognise George Costanza as the fella who played the sleazy b'stard in Pretty Woman ;)
    Harry, you're 100% correct :) I was only watching him last Friday night in Pretty Woman. Hadn't seen the film in years, but it was on RTE 1 after Gaybo's new show. I'd be more into Richard Gere than "George Costanza" I must admit :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

milosh wrote: »
    Of course they are linked. At what wage do you think a teacher would lose some motivation to do the best they can. Is it at the point they have to take a 2nd job so thatthey can pay the mortgage? The value that government puts on health and education as a % of gdp shows the real worth of a country. Ireland has never funded education properly from the day they put it into the church's control till today.

As a parent I would like to know how much you think that the most important people (after parents) in the development of children should be paid.

Your attempt to use children as emotional blackmail is pathetic.

Teachers are very well paid, get a huge pension and long holidays.

Plenty of unemployed newly qualified teachers would be glad to take a job at a lower wage.

And to answer your question, I would much rather see the Education budget spent on more Teachers on lower wages, than having fewer teachers on their existing salary.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,549 ✭✭✭squonk

conno16 wrote: »
    smart girl

Just saw a clip on Youtube but didn't see the show but given she's smart as you say and a bit of a ride, I'd certainly be up for a bit of pre-bedtime totty like that to round off the evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

squonk wrote: »
    Just saw a clip on Youtube but didn't see the show but given she's smart as you say and a bit of a ride, I'd certainly be up for a bit of pre-bedtime totty like that to round off the evening!

You can't be serious? Guess you'd like her with a whip too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

conno16 wrote: »
    smart girl

squonk wrote: »
    Callan57 wrote: »
    You can't be serious? Guess you'd like her with a whip too?

+26 yeah and I fancy her too:cool:
    I go into a trance when I see/hear her, in a good way.Pity she went from newstalk breakfast:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Tonight's show is about Larry Murphy .. one year on...

I thought I'd ad those details to this thread, since ye all left my other thread about the Larry Murphy Documentary hanging in the breeze.. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

They need to sort the sound out. Getting an echo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Tonight's show is about Larry Murphy .. one year on...

I thought I'd ad those details to this thread, since ye all left my other thread about the Larry Murphy Documentary hanging in the breeze.. :(

Durnit I wanted to see that

amdublin wrote: »
    Durnit I wanted to see that

Hi amdub, missed the first half myself... *kicks the cat*...

Cant believe the waffle this lad is coming out with.. The purpose of the whole is to keep the public safe and the state has completely failed.. The guards couldnt catch Larry Murphy, and then when lay people caught him for them, they let him go.... What a bunch of fkn idiots.. It's gonna be the same story as what happened with Gerald Barry..

He was talking to about somebody "involved in the Deirdre Jacobs murder"

First of all her name is Jacob, and secondly (as the legal fella said) we have no evidence that she was murdered...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

what the fu*k is up with the Brits? seemingly gone mad. Sky news prob has most Vincents viewers tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 5,529 ✭✭✭baldbear

There was no reason for Sam to go into that fat b*itch story!

baldbear wrote: »
    There was no reason for Sam to go into that fat b*itch story!

I remember that from year's ago.. That's Aisling O'Neill, who plays Carol (the rough wan).. Her father used to be on Bracken.. I'd say she would rather if that story had remained in the past instead of being regurgitated..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Who is the nurse?:D

Discussing the economy.. that's new.. Why are they even asking this ESRI clown for his opinion.. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Is that Miriam O'Callaghan's sister?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

What a complete prick Smyth is.

He's a tabloid journalist masquerading as a real journalist.

an arrogant wanna be News of the World hack.

And Ganley next week??

WTF. If it wasnt for Family guy, i'd be happy to see TV3 burn to the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 deepertheroots

Can't believe Paul Sommerville wasn't elected, in a meritocracy he would be in the dail.

ArtSmart wrote: »

Well I wouldnt go that far, but I find his delivery painfully slow and laboured (as I do on his radio show).. And you can see his smart ar$e remarks a mile off... He tried to hit Peter Matthews with a curveball there but got caught out by his own lack of research...

Tubridy quits Twitter.. :) It seems like it's true... His page is gone..

http://twitter.com/tubridytweets

Maybe he might stfu about it at last..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Well I wouldnt go that far, but I find his delivery painfully slow and laboured (as I do on his radio show).. And you can see his smart ar$e remarks a mile off... He tried to hit Peter Matthews with a curveball there but got caught out by his own lack of research...

just tired of this type of tabloid nonsense.
    he cut off yer woman every time she was about to make her point , he trivialised everything and interrupted simply to hear the sound of his own voice.
    narcissistic, shallow, arrogant, ill-informed, awkward and self-serving.

the last bit being the worse.

respected his attack on Haughey (albeit 20 yrs too late and somewhat cowardly ) to some extent, but lost all respect now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Talk about a ridiculous bleeding heart, on the panel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Tubridy quits Twitter.. :) It seems like it's true... His page is gone..

http://twitter.com/tubridytweets

Maybe he might stfu about it at last..

He made a few farewell tweets saying he hadn't got the time for it anymore and then he left.

Couldn't stand the heat, God help him if he ever reads the radio thread about him here!

VinB is just the same discussions with the same panellists over and over again lately.

Maybe they should have just taken it off air for part of the Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Skid wrote: »
    VinB is just the same discussions with the same panellists over and over again lately.

Maybe they should have just taken it off air for part of the Summer.

I was thinking that myself. Would have been better off, imo.

Most current affairs shows suffer from overdoses of waffle during the summer months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

ArtSmart wrote: »

He's a tabloid journalist masquerading as a real journalist.

an arrogant wanna be News of the World hack.

And Ganley next week??

WTF. If it wasnt for Family guy, i'd be happy to see TV3 burn to the ground.

were you in London last night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Can't believe Paul Sommerville wasn't elected, in a meritocracy he would be in the dail.

Possibly but Christ he's dismal late at night

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement