Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I feel sorry for him.. He's a good guy, and he's trying very hard to keep it together.. I think Frances Brennan would be brilliant on the show.. They should have given him a run..

That's an excellent idea, why didn't I think of that? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

Skid wrote: »

I think you hit the mark.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

So Enda Kenny is allowed to plagiarise but I'm not ??? :confused:

So Enda Kenny is allowed to plagiarise but I'm not ??? :confused:

I see it as more of an homage, than a plagiarism :)

12.14 am - this is a bit late to be digging Constitutional Law.

Get on with the papers, lads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Interesting discussion.

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Interesting discussion.

oh no.. Seems like this lad in the middle just came on to have a pompous rant about issues he's probably been discussing down the canteen for the last 100 years... Like Skid says, move on to the papers, I want to find out what Kate Middleton is doing..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

oh no.. Seems like this lad in the middle just came on to have a pompous rant about issues he's probably been discussing down the canteen for the last 100 years... Like Skid says, move on to the papers, I want to find out what Kate Middleton is doing..

Horndog!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Does anyone get the feeling that this show has been recorded? Only one newspaper FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭INCONFIDENCE

I notice the show time is messed around now and again even when Vinny is there. It is worse than ever now starting at 11.30. It looks like TV3 have no long term commitment to this sort of programme which is expensive and troublesome to produce. If they mess about with the times often enough they can get rid of the viewers and they get rid of Vinny as no one is watching. Do I feel another episode of Law and Order SUV coming on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

It looks like TV3 have no long term commitment to this sort of programme which is expensive and troublesome to produce. If they mess about with the times often enough they can get rid of the viewers and they get rid of Vinny as no one is watching.

VB during the month of august it is just to continue with the show and make it look like they are interest. The show is a fairly cheap in-house production and generally has around 100,000 - 200,000 viewers I don't think they want to kill it off, its radio on the TV.

IMO VB is a VIP for this show.

Surprised to see an RTÉ presenter presenting VB tonight, they dropped Claire Byrne as soon as she began in RTÉ.

Do I feel another episode of Law and Order SUV coming on

Yeah I can see it.. Somebody nonchalantly walks in to the check on the Twitter machine, and there's Vinny panned out on the floor dead.... Next scene, Elliott interviewing Konstantin Gurdgiev down the station who says "it simples, Vincent had a lot of enemies"..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Yeah I can see it.. Somebody nonchalantly walks in to the check on the Twitter machine, and there's Vinny panned out on the floor dead.... Next scene, Elliott interviewing Konstantin Gurdgiev down the station who says "it simples, Vincent had a lot of enemies"..

Bit of a strange Law and Order SVU episode it would mean that Vinny would have to have died at the hand of a rapist/sexual predator.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Looking forward to seeing how Mary Ann does tonight, she is the founder of Lily O'Brien's chocolates and her husband, Jonathan Irwin set up the children's charity "Jack and Jill".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Good to see Vincent back.

Strange choice of outfit though.

Documentary about the assassination of Bobby Kennedy on TG4... not sure I'm gonna switch back..

Documentary about the assassination of Bobby Kennedy on TG4... not sure I'm gonna switch back..
    You sounded like Tubs there of a second ....... cop yourself on Jonny :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Yeah, your kids are really gonna be affected by the increased class sizes :rolleyes:

"I'm a mother..."

/switching over.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    You sounded like Tubs there of a second ....... cop yourself on Jonny :D

MrsD doesnt know her Tubridy... Tubs cant handle any of the sad/bad side of the Kennedy story... Any time there is any mention of the assassinations or JFK's affairs he metaphorically puts his hands over his ears, closes his eyes and shouts "la la la la la la... (west wing)... la la la la la la la "... so he wouldnt be watching this.

That's another dodgy assassination if you ask me.. Never mind the brother's..

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Yeah, your kids are really gonna be affected by the increased class sizes :rolleyes:

"I'm a mother..."

/switching over.
    I'd say she has enough money for it not to be a problem for her but it is an issue for others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

I'm open to correction, but is it not the case that Pat Rabbite sends his kids to private schools? (or used to)
    Not a problem for him so :rolleyes:

Stop rambling answer the question, Pat.

Class sizes are going up because of the awful Croke park Agreement.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I'd say she has enough money for it not to be a problem for her but it is an issue for others.
    So what's the need for the "dagger through my heart" act?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Stop rambling answer the question, Pat.

Class sizes are going up because of the awful Croke park Agreement.

Really? Explain please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

They should learn to say "as a parent" and not "as a mother".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

I don't understand.. how did she go from making tasty chocolates to sitting in Vinnie's chair?? And why?

I agree, what about kids who need SNAs but no longer have access to them.

*switches back to see possible assassination and conspiracy theory on TV3*

ah ffs.. can we use METAPHOR tags please..

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackdog2

scargill wrote: »
    I'm open to correction, but is it not the case that Pat Rabbite sends his kids to private schools? (or used to)
    Not a problem for him so :rolleyes:

??? No, its not the case, I know 2 of his daughters, definitely went to public schools

• Advertisement

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Really? Explain please.

Education budgets are being cut.

They can't cut Teachers pay.

Only thing left is class numbers, less Teachers on the same conditions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement