Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

I know it's popular but I'm not a big fan of RY-4, it's way too sweet for me.
    I'll give the Joye liquid a go - shame about the price though.

The first E-cig I tried was one of those cheap disposables called "Nu1's" and it was a pretty dreadful vape. What I got out of it did taste nice though, sort of Vanilla and Tobacco with a slight nutty taste/smell - I don't suppose the Joye eliquid tastes like this?

I've got a few Tobacco flavoured juices coming from Bestshop tomorrow -
    Virginia, Marlboro and Winston, hopefully one of those will do the job for me.

I'm going at my real cigarettes as bad as I ever did...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Agonist wrote: »
    I cleaned my Ego-T mega B atties last night and here are some tips I learnt by trial and error. In the course of an hour I completely wrecked the first atty but the two subsequent atties I cleaned are like new.

1. It doesn't damage the atty to pull the centre out by gripping the centre wick holder with a small pliers.

2. If possible, don't allow the wick to become detached from the mesh band. It's next to impossible to get it all wrapped up again.

3. I found the best way to clean the wick is with a few blasts from a windproof lighter. The wick goes pure white again.

4. It looks like the coil has some wicking inside it. I pulled it out the first time and I doubt it's going to work properly again. Just dry burn and gently scrape the coil and rinse with water. Getting dug into the coil with a needle is a bad idea.

Nice work

I'm slowly starting to come to terms with the fact that this is the only sure fire way of cleaning them out properly, while solvents will never be as good, which one would you recommend for those not interested in performing surgery on their attys? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭alec76

which one would you recommend for those not interested in performing surgery on their attys
    Pepsi /coke might do the job , if coil/wick not too dirty ( just leave atty for night there )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Agonist

Samba wrote: »
    Nice work

I'm slowly starting to come to terms with the fact that this is the only sure fire way of cleaning them out properly, while solvents will never be as good, which one would you recommend for those not interested in performing surgery on their attys? :)

I'm not sure which solvent is best. Surgical spirit, white spirit, rubbing alcohol, gin? Anybody?

I'd be *very* careful not to boot up the battery until the spirit has evaporated. An explosion to the face would be a nasty way to die, and worse, would result in a lot of bad press for ecigs :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Anyone experienced any allergic reactions?

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

Esel - no not personally but I've seen on a fair few forums that people have a tendency to have allergic reactions to PG more so than VG.

On the solvents, well I've read many interesting techniques on forums but most should probably come with the warning - Don't try this at home folks! As they use potentially lethal solvents...

I'll stick with the safe one's and if I don't get the results I want I guess it's off the operating theatre ;)

Elevelyn wrote: »
    anyone tried thebestshops virginia flavour?? decided to give tobacco flavour a try for a change from menthol

Using the standard Bestshop Virginia right at the moment - very nice indeed, tastes a lot like tobacco with a tiny bit of sweetness. I'm really impressed by the Marlboro/USA mix - it's really close to smoking a real cigarette.
    The Winston juice is a little too sweet for me but it's not dreadful - the 24mg Marlboro/USA mix is definitely the one for me

Can't beat the service from the Bestshop, ordered yesterday afternoon using stardard post and it arrived first thing this morning as did my last two orders.

The service from Bestshop is excellent and so is Anpost apparently!

Got the Halo liquid - Torque 56.

Bells and whistles - Glass bottle, measurement dripper and an empty 10ml bottle came with it. Nice and all but you know you're paying for these so called luxuries.

Liquid itself is delicious, probably better than the Joye Tobacco flavour imo (not by much)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Got the Halo liquid - Torque 56.

Bells and whistles - Glass bottle, measurement dripper and an empty 10ml bottle came with it. Nice and all but you know you're paying for these so called luxuries.

Liquid itself is delicious, probably better than the Joye Tobacco flavour imo (not by much)

Yeah I like the Torque 56. Gets a bit dry after a while which is why the Joye won out for all day vaping but the Torque is a nice one to dip into. Actually prefer it to the Joye in the old mega carts rather than the tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

mrplop wrote: »
    Using the standard Bestshop Virginia right at the moment - very nice indeed, tastes a lot like tobacco with a tiny bit of sweetness. I'm really impressed by the Marlboro/USA mix - it's really close to smoking a real cigarette.
    The Winston juice is a little too sweet for me but it's not dreadful - the 24mg Marlboro/USA mix is definitely the one for me

Can't beat the service from the Bestshop, ordered yesterday afternoon using stardard post and it arrived first thing this morning as did my last two orders.

The service from Bestshop is excellent and so is Anpost apparently!

+1 on the marlboro, I tried it last month and its a pretty good vape

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

I've been using some of the Halo Freedom for the last few days. I quite like it. It's a bit like the USA/Marlboro mix, but a bit of a more pronounced flavour.

Much like mewso said about Torque 56, it gets a bit dry after a while, so is not an all day vape but is a very nice tobacco flavour to use from time to time.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Of course we've pretty much guaranteed by the power of suggestion that Samba will find it getting a bit dry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Using the standard Bestshop Virginia right at the moment - very nice indeed, tastes a lot like tobacco with a tiny bit of sweetness.

Just got that in the post, very nice indeed I must say. I was finding Liberty Flight's USA Mix to be a bit too dry for my tastes as an all-day vape and I prefer to vape one flavour all day so that's a bit of a problem for me.

Screw you guys! :D

Actually might not be a bad thing as it may reduce the amount of vaping I do, that's the danger with all these delicious tasting flavours, you end up vaping just for the sake of a good tasting vape!

I need to find my self a staple liquid, the Joye is looking like the front runner but I'm put off by the price tbh, I might try the Marlboro mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Elevelyn

nesf wrote: »
    Just got that in the post, very nice indeed I must say. I was finding Liberty Flight's USA Mix to be a bit too dry for my tastes as an all-day vape and I prefer to vape one flavour all day so that's a bit of a problem for me.

I got some this morning too, its not bad so far, the last tobacco flavour I got smelt and tasted like really smelly socks (not that I have tasted smelly socks)!! I also like to vape the same thing all day so hopefully it will work for me as a change from menthol.

Also got some clearomizers.... 4 of them are broken!! one of the tubing is too wide and leaked everywhere and 3 of them have cracks at the bottom :(:( have emailed the suppliers and waiting to hear back

Here's what e-cigar had to say about the joyetech liquids...
    Hi,
    We have other liquids in the bright yellow colour – CAMEL,TOBACCO STRONG and LUCKY STRIKE.
    JOYETCH sometimes makes modifications in the prescription, for it liquids can differ.

Regards
    Krzysztof
    www.e-cigar.pl

Might be worth a punt on some 10ml bottles. I'm all stocked up for now.

Just got a Clearomizer (rev 5) off a friend, the ones for sale on bestshop. Have to say so far its good. A bit more vapor and flavour, and the vapor is a bit warmer :)

Impressed so far.

SgtBob wrote: »
    Just got a Clearomizer (rev 5) off a friend, the ones for sale on bestshop. Have to say so far its good. A bit more vapor and flavour, and the vapor is a bit warmer :)

Impressed so far.

I think they are great, once you get used to filling them, and use drip tips or you will burn your mouth!! Flavour is consistantly good and same goes for vapour. I get mine from thebestshop too, their customer service is brilliant, they emailed me back about my broken clearomizers straight away are are replacing them for me, should have them tomorrow. They are brilliant to deal with.

I think they are great, once you get used to filling them, and use drip tips or you will burn your mouth!! Flavour is consistantly good and same goes for vapour. I get mine from thebestshop too, their customer service is brilliant, they emailed me back about my broken clearomizers straight away are are replacing them for me, should have them tomorrow. They are brilliant to deal with.

Well I just have the regular flat top on it. But I'll just have to be careful. But so far so good. May be on to a winner. :D

Well I just have the regular flat top on it. But I'll just have to be careful. But so far so good. May be on to a winner. :D

I found that when I used the flat top my lips were close to burning!!! If you decide to buy some you will get a tip that comes with the packs, it has a really thin rubber tip to it and is great. I find the flavour is way better to tanks and finding that im not using as much juice with them too so its win/win

• Advertisement

Interested in testing out the cartomizers/clearomizer (same thing really) but I I've decided to put a stop to the spending for a while.

Do the cartomizers fit on to Ego-T batteries and if not are there adapters available?

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Interested in testing out the cartomizers/clearomizer (same thing really) but I I've decided to put a stop to the spending for a while.

Do the cartomizers fit on to Ego-T batteries and if not are there adapters available?

Yes just get the 510 version

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I also found the clearomizer quite hot to use, and I'm not sure where my drip tip is so im gona have to shelve it for a while until I find it.. looked interesting though.

got two flavours from irishvapers and i'm quite happy with them, both smell and taste very good.

also got my B type ego-t's and by god I'm loving them. I'll have to use them for a while before I make any judgement, but I think I've found my atomiser.

After receiving the new Tobacco flavours today, I've managed to go the whole evening with touching a real cigarette.

Amazing the the difference the new flavours has made - I like the Bestshop Virginia as much as the Marlboro after switching between them all day.

The Winston is great too - not as sweet as I first thought so I like that juice also!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 luap2007

Hi

Planning on buying one of these e -cigarettes and kicking the habbit!

Which is the Best E-Cigarette to buy and from where?

Thanks.

luap2007 wrote: »
    Hi

Planning on buying one of these e -cigarettes and kicking the habbit!

Which is the Best E-Cigarette to buy and from where?

Thanks.

Same advice given to me;

http://www.thebestshop.eu/joye-ego-and-ego-t/joye-ego-t-xl-starter-kit/prod_174.html

Awesome product and brilliant service from Bestshop - go for the B- tank option. The Marlboro/USA and Virginia ejuice are the closest I've got to real cigarettes so far.

I'm vaping less than two weeks so keep that in mind though!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 luap2007

Same advice given to me;

http://www.thebestshop.eu/joye-ego-and-ego-t/joye-ego-t-xl-starter-kit/prod_174.html

Awesome product and brilliant service from Bestshop - go for the B- tank option. The Marlboro/USA and Virginia ejuice are the closest I've got to real cigarettes so far.

I'm vaping less than two weeks so keep that in mind though!

Is there particular e cigarettes with nicotaine?

I smoked purple silcut so what would be on the same level as that or does it matter regarding the nicotaine level?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Impressed so far.
    your welcome :cool:

yup i have to say iv used them 3 times so far and there spot on,only thing is i keep seeing stuff i forgot to order off them.
    Im useing the tip supplyed with the Clearomizer but i get the odd bit of juice on my lips and im fraged if im going to put in a 4th order for just a drip-tip and cone atty cover.

compared to the std and LR ego atty i have the Clearomizer has a much better vape and taste and feels a bit weter with a slightly diminished hit.
    iv a strep throt at the mo tho so ill report back when thats gone.
    but looks like iv found my grove with the Clearomizer on a ego-t bat for 90% of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

I think there fantastic if ur looking for a better taste/vape
    They will fit on a ego-t batt but for looks id say order a cone atty cover aswell as a 510 drip tip if ur geting them.
    heres mine

photo2qt.jpgphotoigk.jpg

the cover would make it look alot better when out and about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

luap2007 wrote: »
    Is there particular e cigarettes with nicotaine?

I smoked purple silcut so what would be on the same level as that or does it matter regarding the nicotaine level?

Cheers!

The Joye Ego is an excellent starting e-cig. 18mg is a good starting strength for e-juice for a regular smoker. Some will want much higher (like me), and some will want lower etc.

Advertisement