Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards parents and bumps meet!

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭lolly22

smccarrick wrote: »
    I may be slightly to blame here- I was playing with it :o
    Soweee!

haha no worries :D i think minilolly took a liking to you, your great with kid's you'll both make lovely parents. Not too long a wait now :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

lolly22 wrote: »
    haha no worries :D i think minilolly took a liking to you, your great with kid's you'll both make lovely parents. Not too long a wait now :)

She was a little dote- I was slightly terrified she was going to hit her head off the table, and she loved little Moonbeam too. We couldn't get over how peaceful little Moonbeam was- I hope our little one takes after her. Just feeding my little cookie monster at the moment, I think she has decided she wants sardines and mayonaisse next :confused: Oh well- at least its good for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I have to agree, Shane you seem to have a knack with kids they were all over you! You and Aoife will make fantastic parents.

smccarrick wrote: »
    She was a little dote- I was slightly terrified she was going to hit her head off the table, and she loved little Moonbeam too. We couldn't get over how peaceful little Moonbeam was- I hope our little one takes after her. Just feeding my little cookie monster at the moment, I think she has decided she wants sardines and mayonaisse next :confused: Oh well- at least its good for her.

Haha i just wish she was as easy going then little Moonbeam, but i guess since she was a year older than most of them she get's up to alot more mischief or atleast its my excuse :p

Once she's eating thats the main thing, and we can all see baby and her are well looked after

Haha i just wish she was as easy going then little Moonbeam, but i guess since she was a year older than most of them she get's up to alot more mischief or atleast its my excuse :p

Once she's eating thats the main thing, and we can all see baby and her are well looked after

Hey at least your little one doesn't try to "bum" away at the slightest opportunity!

Sardines and mayonaise.. now there's an interesting combination!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Bummed I couldn't make it now. Sounds like you all had a good time. Running around like a headless chicken here at the moment. 3 really is a big leap up from 2.

Anyone got pics?

Khannie wrote: »
    Bummed I couldn't make it now. Sounds like you all had a good time. Running around like a headless chicken here at the moment. 3 really is a big leap up from 2.

Anyone got pics?

Believe it or not... I had my camera but forgot to take pics :( my daughter was too busy walking rings around me, literally! Besides that and us getting told off by a manager in Debenhams for having our buggies in the way of people, whoops!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭Chet T16

We had a camera too but never even thought to take pics!

Great to meet everyone and the crazy babies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭eimsRV

Lovely to meet ye all and your lil ones and bumps! All in all they were all very well behaved! Thought it was strange about them giving out about the buggies, thought they'd be baby friendly! Alannah is exhausted, she went to sleep earlier with no fuss!

Alannah is so cute, such a good baby, along with little Moonbeam, both very well behaved and no screeching from either that I seen! Was lovely meeting you :D

• Advertisement

Yeah Alannah was unusually well behaved, I think lil moonbeam had a calming effect on her!

Addison is a dote, very active, you are gonna have your hands full next month!!

Sweet chilli crisps and cheese ... craving?

Yeah! I don't know what made me think of the combination but I resorted to melt the cheese over the crisps and it is sooo amazing that I am going back for seconds in a minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

It was great meeting you all... although I think I must still have a bit of Baby Brain cos I have names and faces and boards names and baby names and they're all a bit of a jumble!

All the babies are so cute! They all made Megan seem so diddy!

Megan is beautiful, you do forget how small they are when they are that new! Fairplay to you and Chet for making it in! I don't think I even made it to the shops for a few months after Alannah came along!

Ohh learned something new today ... there is a secret compartment in the maxi cosi car seat - saw chet pulling something from it. You guys seem to be very well organised for new parents. I never knew it was there. Too late now! It also took me about 4 months to discover the cover hidden at the back too, should really have read the instruction manual!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

eimsRV wrote: »
    Megan is beautiful, you do forget how small they are when they are that new! Fairplay to you and Chet for making it in! I don't think I even made it to the shops for a few months after Alannah came along!

Ohh learned something new today ... there is a secret compartment in the maxi cosi car seat - saw chet pulling something from it. You guys seem to be very well organised for new parents. I never knew it was there. Too late now! It also took me about 4 months to discover the cover hidden at the back too, should really have read the instruction manual!

I have the clothes out ready the night before for me, the baby and sometimes the big baby too (that would be Chet!) If I'd known I could get away with not going anywhere for a few months I would've stayed home alot more :p

You can totally get away with not going anywhere for a few weeks at least ;) although the PHN told me to get dressed as I would feel a lot better than sitting round in my pj's (hello I was 5 days after a c section!).

Megan looks tiny compared to our bigger babies haha! Can't wait to have a little small one like that again! Thanks a mill for the TENS machine, I had completely forgotten about it with my baby brain! It's so dinky, I was expecting it to be bigger, but sure what good would that do a labouring woman!! :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Girls it was lovely to meet you all today.

Minilolly was so cute esp when she was kissing and hugging Dearbhail:)
    Megan was sooo cute and her little outfit was gorgeous.
    It was lovely to see other children Dearbhails age and to see them all a similar size and able to do the same things.
    I sometimes worry that I have no idea what she should be doing!!
    Cathy and Shane it was lovely to meet you both and Dearbhail has decided that any baby would be very lucky to have you both as parents:)

We must do it all again soon:)

Rach

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

eimsRV wrote: »
    All in all they were all very well behaved!
    Ya my monster being the exception to the well behaved rule, which hacked and Adrieanne can confirm is not normal for him!!!!!!! He usually is absolutely great, but he isnt napping properly during the day now so I think that effected him!

I know how you feel Eimear, I fidured out the secret compartment thing, but I went into mothercare with the seat complaining I didn't get the sun shade thing, only to be embarrassed beyond belief by the sales assistant when she pulled it out!

All the girls were gorgeous, I'd say taylor was bored being the only child her age there though!

Shane you were great with the kids, they clearly loved you, and Cathy I am glad you were able to face your overwhelmed feelings with the babies :)

Ad Meagan was so so small, but darn she can eat! She puts my 12 mth old to shame! :):):)

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Girls it was lovely to meet you all today.

Minilolly was so cute esp when she was kissing and hugging Dearbhail:)
    We must do it all again soon:)
    Rach

Same to you Rach, I cant belive i missed her giving hug's and kisses, she's so fussy when it comes to her hug's!!!

Look forward to the next one and there will probably be few more tiny new arrivals too :D
    Ya my monster being the exception to the well behaved rule, which hacked and Adrieanne can confirm is not normal for him!!!!!!! He usually is absolutely great, but he isnt napping properly during the day now so I think that effected him!

All the girls were gorgeous, I'd say taylor was bored being the only child her age there though!

Awww he was a a cutie,hope he's ok now was nice to have little boy there :)

Taylor was too busy sucking everyone's soothers and eating any rice cake's she could find too be bored :P

Tbh even though she was a year older then most of them it was nice to see her interact with them all and when Moonbeam asked was she in a playgroup or anything, it made me realise she really should be in one so she can be with kid's her own age more and im going to look into it this week, im glad I came along!

You back in sunny Marbella already?? :p

It was great to have Addison around kids her own age, she never really got to socialize with other babies because the parent & baby group around here is so bad. She was with a childminder when I was working but she was the only child that age all the others were 4/5 years old, so not much for her to do but watch them play with each other!

• Advertisement

You back in sunny Marbella already?? :p

It was great to have Addison around kids her own age, she never really got to socialize with other babies because the parent & baby group around here is so bad. She was with a childminder when I was working but she was the only child that age all the others were 4/5 years old, so not much for her to do but watch them play with each other!

Sadly iv a job to get back to :p

And soon little Addison will have a new bro/sis to play with too, her own real life dolly :pac: :P :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I am glad you all had such a good meet up, sorry I wasn't hter ebut I cam edown with a rotten head cold and the last thing I wanted to do was to pass it on to any of the little ones.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    I am glad you all had such a good meet up, sorry I wasn't hter ebut I cam edown with a rotten head cold and the last thing I wanted to do was to pass it on to any of the little ones.

There's always the next time :D

Thaedydal wrote: »

I was looking forward to seeing you again :o as Adrieanne there's always next time and hope your feeling better

I was looking forward to seeing you again :o as Adrieanne there's always next time and hope your feeling better

It's just a pity you never got to ask if we were from the internet :p

LOL :D

Hey i got to tell everyone i was dying to say it :p but yeah i would have loved to have said it out loud and watched for the looks :cool:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Aoife did ask- look out for anyone who looks like they're from Boards- and I was this close to asking any pregnant ladies I saw whether they were from the internet? Does that count :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Next tiem we will put a sign on the table "from the internet?"

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Had a lovely time seeing everyone, sorry that I am only replying now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

hey guys, so glad the day went well! Really sorry I couldn't make it...some drama with Ex the night before, and I wasn't feeling too sociable. Hope I can meet you all at another date! :)

Advertisement