Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards parents and bumps meet!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Aw thanks eimsRV :o I've put on a stone since that pic was taken so not feeling so neat any more!

I agree the boardsie babies are as dotey :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Ladies i'm thinking of joining you on saturday but we've had a bereavment in the family... my husbands SIL who i'm very close to had twins 2 weeks ago tomorrow.. jamie and sam, they we're born at 23+3 and jamie died at 9 mins old and Sam died today.. we're all devastated it's been a horrible 2 weeks with ups and down as he fought so hard to survive, I can't stop crying cos every time i look at Ben i know how i would feel if anything happened to him.

so i'm not sure when the funeral is but if i can make it i'll be there, i'll have to get my husband to drive me i'm terrified to drive in the city
    Anyway here's my facebook link if anyone would like it..
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#/carol.byrne?ref=profile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

cbyrd sorry to hear about the babies :(

would be nice to see you there if you can make it. I've added you to facebook

Cbyrd I am so sorry for you & your family's bereavement my heart goes out to your Sister in Law and her Husband x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭lolly22

Cbyrd im so sorry to hear about you and your family's loss. xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Thats awful to hear cbyrd. I'm sure it makes your lil fella all the more precious to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Cbyrd -- I am so sorry to hear about your families loss. I can't imagine what you are going through.

My facebook is http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#/home.php?filter=lf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I suggest you pick a toy and have it on the table, something which you are likely to have a long with you, and stick it in the centre of one of the tables.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

cybrd - that is awful
    It really makes us appreciate how lucky we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

thanks your comments mean a lot... we went over to see them yesterday and Sam is so tiny.. he's all dressed up in the tiniest clothes you've ever seen they wouldn't fit a doll, a tiny coffin placed in his moses basket with his teddies all around him... they've got both babies record books and pictures of them on a little table beside him and videos that they'd taken of sam during his 13 days... It would just break your heart, i'm so upset cos we'd been pregnant at the same time and we were supposed to be swapping baby clothes and tips... all she keeps saying is it's not fair, and its not.:( she's only seen Ben once and cos i'm breastfeeding i'm not going to the funeral, i don't think either she or I could handle it.:(:( I know i probably shouldn't post this here but she's the one i talk to about all this baby stuff and posting here aswell, it's stuff the men don't get, i have no idea what to do or say to her cos my baby is 4 weeks old and hers will never be, It's just breaking my heart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭Chet T16

cbyrd wrote: »
    thanks your comments mean a lot... we went over to see them yesterday and Sam is so tiny.. he's all dressed up in the tiniest clothes you've ever seen they wouldn't fit a doll, a tiny coffin placed in his moses basket with his teddies all around him... they've got both babies record books and pictures of them on a little table beside him and videos that they'd taken of sam during his 13 days... It would just break your heart, i'm so upset cos we'd been pregnant at the same time and we were supposed to be swapping baby clothes and tips... all she keeps saying is it's not fair, and its not.:( she's only seen Ben once and cos i'm breastfeeding i'm not going to the funeral, i don't think either she or I could handle it.:(:( I know i probably shouldn't post this here but she's the one i talk to about all this baby stuff and posting here aswell, it's stuff the men don't get, i have no idea what to do or say to her cos my baby is 4 weeks old and hers will never be, It's just breaking my heart.

Easier said than done but be careful that you don't miss out on the enjoyment of your baby out of guilt.

CCL and my sister in law got pregnant at the same time but she lost her baby, we spent alot of time trying not to enjoy our pregnancy for her sake which now that i look back on it didn't do anyone any use anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Hey girlies

Hope u dont mind me gatecrashing:o I havent been on this in ages. It was a godsend to me in the last few weeks of pregnancy when I couldnt move:D I am in contact with Hacked all the time and she said it would be ok if I could tag along? My little Sean is 4 months and would like to meet all these lovely ladies:D

Hope this is ok with everyone?

Ziggy (Michelle!!)

PS cbyrd sorry to hear about ur bereavement :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Of course it is ok:)
    We are all just including ourselves same as you:)

Just a recap -

Tomorrow 13:30
    Debenhams restaurant Henry st Dublin

Look for the bumps and buggies;)

If you are unsure or lost feel free to pm/email/phone me as I will have internet on my phone;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Debenhams that was Roches' stores right?
    I might be able to pop in.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Hey guys,I think it's actually Debenhams restraunt that we're meeting at. It's on the third floor. The cafe is quite small, and might not fit us all in!!

Yeah think so too!

TargetWidow, the old Roches Stores on Henry Street :) Hope you can make it!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Wont make it. :(

Someone take some pics!

edit: Facebook.

Ah and here I was hoping super midwife would be there in case me/caprilicious/hacked go into labour!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Maybe that's why I'm avoiding it. :D

• Advertisement

Sorry folks I'm going to have to give tomorrow a miss. Hubbie has to go to Cork tomorrow and I wouldn't be able for the 2 hour drive to Dublin myself tomorrow.
    The half an hour drive home from work has me beat at the moment. I know, lightweight!

I'm disappointed because I think it'd be great to put faces to names. Hope y'all have a great day tomorrow ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Ah and here I was hoping super midwife would be there in case me/caprilicious/hacked go into labour!

Will I do instead :D

Will I do instead :D

Course ya will :D

Can't wait now!

Ill more than likely be a bit late but hey its stopped raining \o/ see you all in there

I fricken thought that was TargetWidow not Thaedydal, sowwy!!

Just looking up bus times now won't take me long to get in. Gonna try wrangle us a big enough table in there. I shall have a lovely bright pink buggy with me and my daughter will be throwing a tantrum like she is at the moment. Don't be afraiiid!

I shall have a lovely bright pink buggy with me and my daughter will be throwing a tantrum like she is at the moment. Don't be afraiiid!

Lol your little was a little angle, im sure walking around in circle's is fun :pac:

Was lovely to meet you all and those gorgeous babies was funny to see them all put in the buggy's and sleep by the end of it all, wish my minilolly would do that for me :rolleyes: :D

lolly22 wrote: »
    Lol your little was a little angle, im sure walking around in circle's is fun :pac:

Was lovely to meet you all and those gorgeous babies was funny to see them all put in the buggy's and sleep by the end of it all, wish my minilolly would do that for me :rolleyes: :D

She's usually a divil so I was surprised!! Found it funny with minilolly trying to rob all the babies soothers! Moonbeam has a toy of yours (little tigger and pooh thing). I was so dizzy walking around in circles :D Addison slept for a good while, she woke up just as we were leaving!

She's usually a divil so I was surprised!! Found it funny with minilolly trying to rob all the babies soothers! Moonbeam has a toy of yours (little tigger and pooh thing). I was so dizzy walking around in circles :D Addison slept for a good while, she woke up just as we were leaving!

Hahaha well I cant belive how well you managed with not getting dizzy and your due so soon I couldnt move at 8 months :o

I cant belive she was doing that, maybe she felt left out since she was the only one who suck's her thumb..............or maybe it was make a show of mammy day (sure thats always the way!!!) :p

Oh yeah Taylor's winney the pooh key's least she cant lock any door's for a while now :P

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Cathy and myself had a great time- I think she is slightly less terrified of babies now- another 11 weeks to go, and we're about to start our antenatal classes on Monday week..... Hope to see you all again.

Shane

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I may be slightly to blame here- I was playing with it :o
    Soweee!

Advertisement