Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water supply turned off - who is running this mess?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I've never heard of anyone that would do such a stupid thing (although I've no doubt that some probably do exist).

The pipes from our mains froze up over christmas, as did the rising mains to the water tank. I defrosted them & left the taps running at jusy over a drip to stop them from freezing again.

Some of my neighbours didn't, and some had no water for over a week, while others had pipes bursting left, right & centre. There was no issue here with water supplies from the reservoir, so wasting a bit of water as a trade off for having none, or having my house destroyed with burst pipes, was one worth the wastage.

You may consider me "stupid", but I'd rather be stupid than have burst pipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,865 ✭✭✭Dickie10

oh lookey what i found?! people giving out that water meter should be brought in over 4 year ago! wonder what they think now?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

MOD

Zombie....Zombie... Zombie Nation Thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement