Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water supply turned off - who is running this mess?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Irish_polizei

Who is running this mess?
    This Dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 SwirlsAllAround

I don't know anyone who has been leaving their taps running... seems like a bit of a dodgy excuse.

No water here either :(. And the SDCC are totally downplaying the problem on the website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

I don't know anyone who has been leaving their taps running... seems like a bit of a dodgy excuse.
    professore wrote: »
    If the tap is not run overnight then the pipes freeze. Then you have no water. If we hadn't done that we would have had no water over christmas.

?

consultech wrote: »
    ?

Professore posted only 2 minutes before me.

But point taken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

have you contacted the council ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

1. Blame those people leaving their taps running overnight using up reserves.
    2. Blame those who laid substandard pipes at less than 3 feet below the ground. These pipes then froze, burst, unfroze and are now leaking huge amounts of water.
    3. Be grateful that you have running water at some point during the day. I'm now heading into day 7 with no running water.

As for being within 1% of capacity....I doubt the government could have predicted the massive increase in population that the Celtic Tiger initiated. It takes time and a heck of a lot of money to increase reserve capacity, especially without damaging the environment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Agonist

No water here, no tea, no flush toilet, no warning. It's been seven hours now. So pissed off. If I could have even filled my kettle I wouldn't mind so much..

Is it safe to drink the water from the hot tap?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

As for being within 1% of capacity....I doubt the government could have predicted the massive increase in population that the Celtic Tiger initiated.
    Of course they could and did, I remember hearing all their predictions about how Ireland going to grow and grow. The fact is they did next to nothing with the boom. We had a great opportunity to pull this countries infrastructure into line with the rest of Europe and squandered it.

Agonist wrote: »
    Is it safe to drink the water from the hot tap?

Not really, but you can boil it. Once it has been boiled you can drink it.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

*cough* Im very thirsty *cough*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

fergalr wrote: »
    I'm in Terenure........

Don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭fergalr

Don't care.

But you care enough to post a response :)

Beneath that cold, uncompromising exterior there's a heart of pure gold waiting to be found, isn't there? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

Fúck the water from the taps situation. I always have small bottles in my fridge. It's not being able to flush the jacks that's the bitch about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I think water is overrated, I never touch the stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

must be annoying to be stuck out in the rural areas like dublin and not have any water, but the government has to look after the important areas first.........I guess that's why Monaghan has loads of water :)

/leaves thread to go run a bath and just empty the water out the plug hole, then pray that karma does not strike down upon me with great vengence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Dublin forum tbh.
    :cool::P

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

cloneslad wrote: »
    must be annoying to be stuck out in the rural areas like dublin and not have any water, but the government has to look after the important areas first.........I guess that's why Monaghan has loads of water :)

/leaves thread to go run a bath and just empty the water out the plug hole, then pray that karma does not strike down upon me with great vengence

No monaghan fellow would be excentric enough to that..oh what I would give for a flush of the toilet:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Bajingo wrote: »
    No monaghan fellow would be excentric enough to that..oh what I would give for a flush of the toilet:(
    Go down to the Liffey, fill a container of water, put it in the cistern, and flush to your heart's content.

Oh believe me it'll feel great and worth the effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Agonist

I'm not in Dublin. Anyone know where to find official information on local water situation? The County Council website has nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

It's not being able to flush the jacks that's the bitch about this.

2am? Close the lid and wait til the morning!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

grizzly wrote: »
    I think water is overrated, I never touch the stuff.

Fish make love in it, you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Jev/N wrote: »
    2am? Close the lid and wait til the morning!

:eek:No frikken water and I'm just after backing out a hefty 3 coiler!!!

When will Fingal CoCo reconnect, can't look at this bitch all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

Dempsey wrote: »
    Like Australia, we should have a Minister for Water

No, we would have to have a minister for oxygen and 2 ministers for hydrogen and a high level comiteeeeee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Water was cut in parts of Wicklow town last night at 9pm and restored at 7:15 this morning.

So its either cut use " out of hours" or reduce pressure for all which is useless for those running appliances etc.

I had heard aswell that the roundwood resovoir was becomming low
    Apart from the snow & ice there hasnt been any proper rain for weeks.
    As this also supplies much of south dublin there will be probably be off peak cuts there too.

My problem though was the lack of notification.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭lionela

Here in Walkinstown. 9.07am ..no water since lunchtime Mon. reused the water in hot water bottle for bedtime..and this morning washed my hair with the tepid water from same.
    No "still" water available in Aldi/Lidl/Dunnes Stores last night.
    With all the water saved sinc:confused:e yesterday surely it should be back on by now.

I am begining to think that we are being conditioned to the idea that we will be paying for our water supplies in the not too distant future.
    This whole business with water shortage is a sham just like the Swine flue jabs ...it's all about MONEY don't hold your breath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭LittleBook

My problem though was the lack of notification.

Not unless you happened to visit their website, I guess they didn't want people to know in case they started "hoarding" water. They didn't even bother notifying the schools who are under enough pressure to get organised as it is.
    lionela wrote: »
    Here in Walkinstown. 9.07am ..no water since lunchtime Mon.

Same in Perrystown. Not a drop since yesterday morning. At least we've managed to buy water, I pity the people who didn't/can't afford to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

lionela wrote: »
    I am begining to think that we are being conditioned to the idea that we will be paying for our water supplies in the not too distant future.
    This whole business with water shortage is a sham just like the Swine flue jabs ...it's all about MONEY don't hold your breath.

I was wondering how long before someone broke out of the CT asylum and started this nonsense.

Having to pay for a service? What madness, clearly a scam by those Mexican jew-lizards that run the entire world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭Angry Troll

water in phibsboro on and off erratically over the last few days…usually on in morning, off in evening…anybody have any info on how long that is to continue? a tad annoying to come home from work and have no water…dishes piling up in kitchen and all…luckily bathroom works from some tank and still has water and pipes in the house seem to be okay…otherwise i’d be really ****ed…
    i just never fail to be amazed by the scale of neglect and decay in this country…maybe some of the many billions wasted during the last few decades with the boom and all would have been better invested in the infrastructure to bring the country’s basics up to modern standards…the current mess could have been avoided…

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Agonist wrote: »
    I'm not in Dublin. Anyone know where to find official information on local water situation? The County Council website has nothing.
    Try your regional forum, except for Dublin residents.
    For Dublin residents, try After Hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 roboto

water was switched off in Fingal last night as well (it was back this morning)

so, besides the issue with burst pipes, thanks to all the people who leaving their taps run 24/7...

time to bring in the watermeter and charges; Why? - water is a not a given that can be wasted in such a way that it affects whole parts of the country in such a way. There is a cost of providing clean drinking water and there is also a need to have that service all the time. Wasting water like the last days is just a selfish act of some and now everybody pays... instead pay for that water used, that would solve that kind of behaviour.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement