Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pajero Vs Pajero Sport

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PaddyBloggit

Reason I asked was the manual I saw today .... dealer said timing belt may need to be changed ...

what's the story with the chain? does it need to be changed and when?

Coming back to the flywheel ... as I'm now looking at buying the manual ... any way of getting this checked before buying or is it just a chance I take?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭broro22

chain shouldnt need changing
    theres no way of checking the flywheel that i know of

Thanks broro22

a dealer who's not a mechanic .... I'll put the timing belt/chain thing to him on Monday to see what he says.

tell him he can knock a monkey off the price of it coz you have to get the beltamajig changed if he doesnt know any different:D

:D

broro22 wrote: »
    tell him he can knock a monkey off the price of it coz you have to get the beltamajig changed if he doesnt know any different:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 blarneyone

Had to replace my Flywheel at 140k on my Pajero. Yea it was a 3.2 and was an animal to pull/go. Mitsubishi said it was a consumable part and it cost 2500. And then it needs to be fitted. Shifted mine on soon after that.

blarneyone wrote: »
    Had to replace my Flywheel at 140k on my Pajero. Yea it was a 3.2 and was an animal to pull/go. Mitsubishi said it was a consumable part and it cost 2500. And then it needs to be fitted. Shifted mine on soon after that.

Ouch ... that's a hard hit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

blarneyone wrote: »

Yes, apparently a flywheel is a consumable part nowadays. :mad: My job cost €2800 in a main dealer including a new clutch. You were robbed if you paid €2500 just for the flywheel.
    OP, they are a wonderful jeep, but the flywheel is the only fly in the ointment, so to speak. It looks like you dodged a bullet in avoiding that Shogun, it sounded nasty enough.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

Yes, apparently a flywheel is a consumable part nowadays. :mad: My job cost €2800 in a main dealer including a new clutch. You were robbed if you paid €2500 just for the flywheel.
    OP, they are a wonderful jeep, but the flywheel is the only fly in the ointment, so to speak. It looks like you dodged a bullet in avoiding that Shogun, it sounded nasty enough.

How was he robbed?A clutch only costs about €300

2800 including clutch and fitting
    verses
    2500 for flywheel no clutch no fitting
    who was robbed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Any estimate on the costs for parts for those quotes? How much to buy the clutch and flywheel?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

€2500 for a flywheel was robbery with violence (typical for a dealer), £950 from UK
    http://www.milneroffroad.com/categories.asp?cID=12134

You can buy solid flywheels to do away with the problem, Milner do a complete kit for earlier vehicles inc clutch for £430

Im fairly new to this forum and thats the first milner link i clicked on. I dont no if want to cry or kiss you im in shock i could built a new jeep using milner parts for what my last doe cost me and im a fuppin mechanic trade prices balcox fuppin robbin backstards rant rant rant etc etc :mad:

ignorance is bliss you have further disturbed my already delicate mental equilibrium with your affordable 4x4 spares i hope your proud of yourself

i need to rest now(:(:confused::eek:)

That's ok, glad to be of service with your nervous breakdown! :D

I get all my Land Rover spares from the UK but keep an eye on what else is around, Total Off Road magazine covers all marques and has plenty of ads.

Trevor Milner was the one of the first to trial and race Jap 4x4s back in the 80's and has a huge catalogue of goodies as well as ordinary spares. Also used to do conversion kits for dropping jap engines in land Rovers and the like but has passed that on to Conversion and Precision

If anyone is after Suzuki bits, look here - www.kapsuzuki4x4.co.uk

Im startin to come round now (two neat jds later:D) used to get a lot of LR spares from uk for a guy i used to work for and i knew they were good value but i thought us jap drivers were at the mercy of irish rip off merchants.

land rover parts :eek: thats a whole other nervous breakdown:rolleyes:

no offence

whole other nervous breakdown
    Don't I know it :D

the only winner from this exchange will be the old L200 she was heading for the scrapheap on cost basis. I was watchin out for LC or 3.2 pajo but now (with the help of you and milner4x4's affordable parts:cool:)she will live on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

Any estimate on the costs for parts for those quotes? How much to buy the clutch and flywheel?

I'm a bit hazy on the individual bits without having the invoice in front of me, but I think the flywheel was in or around €1300 including VAT. I'll check it out for sure at the weekend.

Advertisement