Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pajero Vs Pajero Sport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

OP, I'd be sticking with the proper Pajero if I were you. I wholeheartedly agree with you on the need for a LWB, as any SWB jeep is bouncy and useless for carrying stuff in the back. All LWB "real" Pajeros are 3.2 from 00 onwards. You'll surely find one to fit your budget. BTW, that 2004 SWB on donedeal is stupid money. 14K is certainly not the value of that jeep; it's more like 8 to 10K on a good day. A LWB shouldn't be much more.
    The LWB you posted from Carzone looks like a UK import with the black plastic grille and is most likely a poverty-spec Shogun. I don't think I ever saw an Irish Pajero with that grille fitted. My advice is go LWB, go auto, Dakar spec is a bonus and buy based on condition and mileage rather than year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Hi OP,

I bought a brand new pajero ck 3.2 auto in '06. I put up about 90k km on it and never ever once and anything go wrong. I have driven the sport and it doesn't compare, its like driving a lorry!

Anyway, I just sold mine as I don't need it anymore..I did a deal with a Mitz dealer, he gave me a 06 Colt 3rd with 20ish k km on the clock plus he gave me 3 grand cash also

Not a great deal but best(by far) I was offered from all the dealers

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

colm_mcm wrote: »
    that's 15k for a 2004, for €20k you'd get an 08 Land Cruiser

Ye i know thats way too dear but i was just observing the Dakar spec

And our swb isnt bouncy at all

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PaddyBloggit

Thanks all for the help ....

LWB it is, 3.2., auto with dakar specs if I'm lucky

now for the search.

What would be acceptable milage for a 2004 on?

I reckon I'll come up at least to 2004 and see from there.

Were there any major changes with model/specs from 2004 to latest version?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I reckon I'll come up at least to 2004 and see from there.

Were there any major changes with model/specs from 2004 to latest version?

They did a facelift around 2006 and got "Lexus lights" on the back, new headlights/wings etc, number plate on the (centre mounted) spare wheel, lost the small lights on the bumper (because of the moved wheel) and got a general tidy up.

AFAIK they changed to common rail around that time too (open to correction) I'd be inclined to go with the older type as I have a fear of anything common rail on a used jeep.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

The older one has a weak injector pump I believe.

I changed one and the guy who rebuilt the pump said it was a common fault in them

are they megabucks to replace?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

I think, and this is a bit hazy, but it can range from 550 to 850 to fix the pump. Taking it off is a big enough job though.

There is very few people in Ireland fit to fix them or so I was told. It was a guy in Cavan that rebuilt the one I took off. He was very helpful and talked me through setting up the timing when I was putting it back

EDIT: Found this old post of mine on the same topic

I can't remember how much a high pressure pump for a TLC is but I heard figures of €4k before.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    They did a facelift around 2006 and got "Lexus lights" on the back, new headlights/wings etc, number plate on the (centre mounted) spare wheel, lost the small lights on the bumper (because of the moved wheel) and got a general tidy up.

AFAIK they changed to common rail around that time too (open to correction) I'd be inclined to go with the older type as I have a fear of anything common rail on a used jeep.

Facelift was 07

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭thenashlegend

Hey guys just wondering what your opinion would be on this??........price has been dropped from 12995 last December!:D.........Any opinions at all welcome?
    Also what do ye think of a normal Pajero?....the 3.2ltr?! Is it easier on fuel or harder?

http://www.cleary-nissan.com/used_car/used_car_detail.aspx?id=73186

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

You'd pick up a Landcruiser in your price range if you dropped back about 2 years and in my opinion you'd be getting a better car!
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/Toyota/Landcruiser/3.0-D4d-/200947195932673/advert?channel=CARS

well to be honest I would be pushing the budget at 9000 never mind 12k?!:rolleyes: really I'd be looking for something around 6 or 7k?!

Thanks for the input though!

Hey guys just wondering what your opinion would be on this??........price has been dropped from 12995 last December!:D.........Any opinions at all welcome?
    Also what do ye think of a normal Pajero?....the 3.2ltr?! Is it easier on fuel or harder?

http://www.cleary-nissan.com/used_car/used_car_detail.aspx?id=73186

That Sport looks very dear.

It is 05 though?....and low miles? Maybe it is dear but its about as good as I can find here in Mayo?!:rolleyes:......the same garage has a 03 for 8750! two years older and only a grand in the differnce?!:mad:

Re. pajeros .... what's the story with fuel efficiency?

Compared to cars, they drink fuel. Compared to other 4x4, they're no worse or better. I get 400 miles from a tankfull when not towing and I wouldn't be going too easy on it.

Compared to cars, they drink fuel. Compared to other 4x4, they're no worse or better. I get 400 miles from a tankfull when not towing and I wouldn't be going too easy on it.

Thanks B&H

It is 05 though?....and low miles? Maybe it is dear but its about as good as I can find here in Mayo?!:rolleyes:......the same garage has a 03 for 8750! two years older and only a grand in the differnce?!:mad:

Those prices are ex VAT, aren't they? I know of a dealer in Kerry who has a '05 black UK-import Shogun Sport for €8900 incl VAT and it is absolutely spotless with 60,000 miles on it. I think it's the Warrior spec with the big alloys and air con etc.

With the 2.5 its 30 mpg and with a trailer about 25mpg

Just got the 06 3.2 today we'll see what thats like on diesel

• Advertisement

pajero12 wrote: »
    With the 2.5 its 30 mpg and with a trailer about 25mpg

Just got the 06 3.2 today we'll see what thats like on diesel

Cheers for that pajero12 .... looking at a 3.2 tomorrow.

Any specific questions I should be asking the dealer?

How many keys come with the pajero?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

there should be 3

Went to see the pajero.

It's a 3.2 automatic 2006 and a UK import (spotted the readout in miles).

It has a lot of scuff marks on the body, the led indicating 2 wheel drive mode isn't working, it blew a lot of smoke starting off and the badge says shogun.

Overall it looks nice but I'm iffy about it and its history .....

Hard to know how to proceed.

Decided not to go for it.

When does the timing belt have to be changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Decided not to go for it.

When does the timing belt have to be changed?

3.2 is a chain.

Jonty wrote: »
    3.2 is a chain.

This is another vehicle I'm looking at. It's very clean, 3.2 but a manual. It's got 49k miles on the clock and its history is clear.

So I'm thinking that the timing belt would need replacement .....

Take it out on a good road and make sure theres no rattles or anything.Didnt know how rough our old jeep was until we got the new one.
    3 keys-2 Masters...they open everything.
    And 1 sub-key....Opens everything but the glovebox.

B.T.W If your going to do much towing I'd recommend a manual.Just dont think the auto changes down in time.Just pulled about 3 tonne of live weight through the hills of cavan....no bother to it.That 3.2 is animal:)

Pajero12 .... I'm almost sold on the manual I saw.

Just wondering about timing belt ..... ?

Nearly sure its a chain,but if in doubt change it anyway.Ill find out for you monday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭broro22

its got a timing chain not a timing belt

Advertisement