Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Defender thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

It belongs to Dan (dantastic on here). They are 8 spokes and 3 BFG MTs and a BFG AT, he's after another MT. PM him and see what he says.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭dantastic

As Sean said, It's sitting on 3 BFG MTs & 1 BFG AT. 265/75 16 on 8 spokes.

The 8 spokes are looking good from far but far from good ;)

I am interested in another MT so I can use the AT as a spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

anyone know where to source recon steering boxes?? the one in the defender is knackered :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭O.A.P

dantastic wrote: »
    As Sean said, It's sitting on 3 BFG MTs & 1 BFG AT. 265/75 16 on 8 spokes.

The 8 spokes are looking good from far but far from good ;)

I am interested in another MT so I can use the AT as a spare.
    It looks good in the photo anyway. I have the same landrover the colour is the same too, mine is my workhorse though and has lots of dents and scratches. I would love to put wider rims and tyres on it but there is at least 2 or 3 years left on what I've got and the wife knows that :(

anyone know where to source recon steering boxes?? the one in the defender is knackered

Give Jonathan at Crozier 4x4 a call and see what he comes up with. Otherwise, check out UK suppliers, a new one may work out as cheap as a recon by the time you take cost of returning the old one or paying £100 surcharge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

kneel1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭dantastic

O.A.P wrote: »
    It looks good in the photo anyway. I have the same landrover the colour is the same too, mine is my workhorse though and has lots of dents and scratches. I would love to put wider rims and tyres on it but there is at least 2 or 3 years left on what I've got and the wife knows that :(

Looks good but the MTs are pretty expensive to run. I can justify it as it's my weekend toy but for the school run... stick with narrower tyres (265 wide is pretty useless off road too btw...).

I will probably sand the rims down and paint them black at some point- will look real good! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Johnny Nothumbs

Hi Guys,

Anyone know where i would pick up a LH door for a 90? getting mine sprayed up but the LH is rotten at the bottom

New guy set up in Belfast is doing panels at good prices, Nick at Jungle4x4 (aka Mr Wuffles on the LRA Ireland forum) may be worth a look for that PAS pump as well.

http://www.landroveraddict.com/smf/index.php?topic=387169.0

There's alway parts for sale in there generally as well

Seen at the MVCI show at the Curragh. Dublin Civil Defence 130 amulance with Locomotors body, probably ex RAF

IMG_1463Medium.jpg

• Advertisement

Posting this up from LRA and AILRC forums in case anyone here doesn't know it's on.
    Well as you may have noticed elsewhere on the forum there has been growing interest in us having an open day down at CROZIER 4x4 Headquarters, so i have great pleasure in announcing the first ever CROZIER 4X4 OPEN DAY

DATE:...............................JULY 3RD 2010

VENUE:..............................CROZIER 4X4 HEADQUARTERS, THE GLEBE, CLOUGHATANNY, CLARA, CO OFFALY. Please see website for directions.

All 4x4 drivers are welcome especially Land Rover drivers as that is of course our speciality. All forum members are welcome, all club members are welcome.
    Feel free to post this information on your club website to let your members know about this event.

We have asked some of the major suppliers to send representatives over and they will be available on the day to answer questions and listen to your valued advice!!

We are aiming to have some interesting vehicles in attendance and hope to have a small display area for them to show off their shiny bits.

If there is something that you particularly want to order for collection on the day please make sure you get your order in early so that we can be sure of having it here for you. We will be doing special offers on the day for orders placed and paid for such as free carriage on all orders over €75. Subject to the usual weight and dimension limits.

So put the date in your diary and make sure you earn enough brownie points to get the day off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Landyaddict

I got offered a tired looking 1984 90 last week and jumped on it. Got a lift down to roscommon and drove her back up. All I can say is WOW. It's been too long since I drove one, too long indeed.
    So, I'm selling of two of my series 3 to finance a few "toyz" for the 90.
    I'm hoping to use the split doors from one of my other trucks on the 90 as well as the seats and the wheels.

Specs:
    No power steering
    2.5NA Diesel engine
    150K miles up on it
    Rust in all the usual spots

Robbie

Looks like a good start for a project, very early production 90. The NA engine may be slow but goes forever if looked after. Fitting PAS is easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

I got offered a tired looking 1984 90 last week and jumped on it. Got a lift down to roscommon and drove her back up. All I can say is WOW. It's been too long since I drove one, too long indeed.
    So, I'm selling of two of my series 3 to finance a few "toyz" for the 90.
    I'm hoping to use the split doors from one of my other trucks on the 90 as well as the seats and the wheels.

Specs:
    No power steering
    2.5NA Diesel engine
    150K miles up on it
    Rust in all the usual spots

Robbie

Same colour as mine :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

I got offered a tired looking 1984 90 last week and jumped on it.
    Sweet!

Nice to see one that old with straight panels, especially the front wings.
    It's even got a straight bumper!!! :eek:

Some pics from the Crozier 4x4 open day which was a great day and could become an annual event.

IMG_1692Large.jpg
    IMG_1691Large.jpg
    IMG_1689Large.jpg
    IMG_1693Large.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

Some nice pics there... here is my Stage One.

That's very tasty. The earliest ones of them are now vintage, shame they were built when BL were using crap steel, not many good ones left. I need another V8 and wouldn't mind a Stage 1.

101sean wrote: »
    That's very tasty. The earliest ones of them are now vintage, shame they were built when BL were using crap steel, not many good ones left. I need another V8 and wouldn't mind a Stage 1.

It was rebuilt in 2004 from a very low mileage example with a rusted (BL) chassis.. now has galv chassis and bulkhead (correct V8 bulkhead).

I am thinking of selling it... and it is vintage now, but will need NCTs going forward as it is 1980. I need a vintage car I can take the kids in (stage one has only two seat belts in the front and one rear bench - not ideal for 3 yr olds!

A Land Rover owner's dream set of tools

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/tools/1429649

• Advertisement

A Land Rover owner's dream set of tools

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/tools/1429649
    Caught me Sean, I'm looking for a 52mm box spanner (hub spanner) they are hard to find in this country anyway.

Jonathan Crozier has them on the shelf. http://www.crozier4x4.com/shop/index.php?ukey=home

• Registered Users Posts: 44 hplp

si_guru wrote: »
    It was rebuilt in 2004 from a very low mileage example with a rusted (BL) chassis.. now has galv chassis and bulkhead (correct V8 bulkhead).

I am thinking of selling it... and it is vintage now, but will need NCTs going forward as it is 1980. I need a vintage car I can take the kids in (stage one has only two seat belts in the front and one rear bench - not ideal for 3 yr olds!

Hey Steve,

Have you that down with you in Kerry? I havnt seen it about when Ive been down there.

H

hplp wrote: »
    Hey Steve,

Have you that down with you in Kerry? I havnt seen it about when Ive been down there.

H

You need to be between Tralee and Dingle to see it. Plus to use it wider I need to get it on ZV plates and stop using the UK plate - it is insured and MOT'd though!

Jonathan Crozier has them on the shelf. http://www.crozier4x4.com/shop/index.php?ukey=home
    Drove there today and got one and a hub nut 10 euro for the two, about 20 for petrol though. They have all the bits that I'd want. Thanks Sean good place to know about.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 hplp

si_guru wrote: »
    You need to be between Tralee and Dingle to see it. Plus to use it wider I need to get it on ZV plates and stop using the UK plate - it is insured and MOT'd though!
    Ahhh,

Our house is in Brandon. I'll keep a special eye out for it next time I head out there. We spend alot of time in Castlegregory too....

Its all well and good registering it here but Im yet to be convinced by the vintage insurance thats on offer.....

H

That's always the problem here, either fuel or courier costs! Think he does free delivery on bigger orders and gets stock daily from the UK.

It cost me €75 in petrol to get the 101 there and back for the open day :eek:

hplp wrote: »
    Ahhh,

Our house is in Brandon. I'll keep a special eye out for it next time I head out there. We spend alot of time in Castlegregory too....

Its all well and good registering it here but Im yet to be convinced by the vintage insurance thats on offer.....

H

You're not the place nr Cloghan? on the left - hybrid in driveway?

Got to Ashes's Bar in Camp, turn to Aughills.. you'll see me.

That's always the problem here, either fuel or courier costs! Think he does free delivery on bigger orders and gets stock daily from the UK.

It cost me €75 in petrol to get the 101 there and back for the open day :eek:
    Yeah its 10 euro minimum delivery fee but he said that would be enough for a pair of rear shocks which is a hefty package. Beats paddocks, cradocks or any other British company.
    Whats the 101 got 3.5 v 8 or bigger?

• Advertisement

Standard 3.5 V8 but carbs swapped for SUs and electronic ignition. Does about 12mpg which isn't too bad for a brick that will cruise at 55-60.

Si's Stage 1 has the same engine but with restrictors in (if they are still fitted ;)) I already have 2 straight Land Rovers, my next one I want as an off-roader, the Stage 1 is too nice!

Advertisement