Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wild card weekend

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

What a game between the Packers and Cardinals!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭Lothaar

Check the highlights on nfl.com. Go to 9.17 for that play. You'll see the replay from behind. Jennings comes out of the corner move at an angle taking him towards the far hash, snaps his head around and turns up the near hash. Ok, so his route is probably supposed to go up the near hash. However, the angle he takes out of his break is what the QB is looking at. Aaron throws it to the far hash, which is a fine play IMO cos there was no safety over there.

Jennings' redirection up the near hash happened just after the ball had been released. So, he ended up taking himself away from the pass.

Looking at it again, it's difficult to tell 100% who is at fault. I reckon it's the WR... but it depends on how the Cardinals coaching staff want that play to be run. If the rule is that the WR always goes up the near hash, then the QB should have been expecting the WR to take that path and should therefore have placed the ball right down the middle.

However, the fact that the QB made a PERFECT throw based on Jennings' original path makes me think that Jennings screwed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Lothaar wrote: »
    Check the highlights on nfl.com. Go to 9.17 for that play. You'll see the replay from behind. Jennings comes out of the corner move at an angle taking him towards the far hash, snaps his head around and turns up the near hash. Ok, so his route is probably supposed to go up the near hash. However, the angle he takes out of his break is what the QB is looking at. Aaron throws it to the far hash, which is a fine play IMO cos there was no safety over there.

Jennings' redirection up the near hash happened just after the ball had been released. So, he ended up taking himself away from the pass.

Looking at it again, it's difficult to tell 100% who is at fault. I reckon it's the WR... but it depends on how the Cardinals coaching staff want that play to be run. If the rule is that the WR always goes up the near hash, then the QB should have been expecting the WR to take that path and should therefore have placed the ball right down the middle.

However, the fact that the QB made a PERFECT throw based on Jennings' original path makes me think that Jennings screwed up.

Nice analysis! I never want to see that play again though, it's been in my head since the game.

Advertisement