Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feral teenage gangs - what can be done to protect us?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

gurramok wrote: »
    ...From what I could make out... Rumours from speaking to other neighbours...

And they ain't local.

You also say that the group of teenagers moved off towards Pearse st flats - I'd say that was pretty local.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭s10

( not me)
    Just got assault-robbed on my bike in ballymun.
    Hey Guys, i just got my bike stolen in Ballymun center, it was parked outside travellodge at the parking space nearest coultry apps.

Its a Black kawazaki ninja 250, make 2009, fully faired (at least when they stole it) with slight damage to the right hand side indicator area (some tape around the indicator seams) it was alarmed and locked when stolen.
    vehicle reg no: 08D70633

My story: I was outside tesco when they stole it, but since i have a two way alarm and it warns me as soon as anyone touches it, i chased back to where i parked it and noticed it was gone. I hit the "locate" button on the remote and noticed a beep in direction of coultry apps. So i stupidly went there myself to look, there was like 5 guys standing outside the stairs entrance to the elevator shaft (first opening from travellodge) and i ran there asking where the **** is my bike they lied and pointed in the wrong direction of course, but i used the remote to locate it inside the house, ran in there and saw about 20 or so knackers about 16-18 years old, perhaps a few of them a bit older even. They where all out back from the back entrance watching me, stepping back from the bike. They had taken it around the back, i just screamed at them "where is the helmet" etc but they wouldn´t give it back, it was locked to the rear end from the beginning but was now gone. When i was getting on the bike and was about to turn the ignition they all rushed me and started punching me in the face and chest, totally pummeling me until i almost passed out, however i managed to struggle my way back to the doorway and eventually back across the street though (since i entered at the front of the elevator shaft house, i went back the same way. and get across the road, some girl was walking there and i just screamed call the Garda, a dozen or so bystanders stopped to see me, they called the Garda for me, i was not a beauty to look at at this point.

When the Garda arrived and went in to find the bike it was gone, they must have moved it in the 10-15 minutes before they got there, however they where great and really confident they will find the bike, however i have my doubts.

This bike i need to get to work i have no other vehicle and it will not be fun come monday... since i wont be able to get there.. also my face look really pummeled... Well thats my story... and its true, happened today at around 18:00

I have all the owner documentation, receipt, etc, it was bought from bikeworld and there are only about 50 of these in the country tops since bikeworld didnt get more and its the new model, didnt exist before 2008. Also only about 20 or so of these 50 are black..

if you know anything please contact the ballymun gardai as they are investigating it, thanks.

There is no non violent solution, therrefore no solution, therefore stay indoors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

It's quite sad alright.

I walked up the street of my estate yesterday evening and there was about 6 teenagers hanging around on the corner. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and walked down to my GFs. Later the two of us walked back up to my place at around 20:10 and the group had grown to about 10-12. When we walked past at the other side of the street they started pelting us with snowballs, throwing abuse and laughing at us.

What pissed me off is not so much the snowballs but the fact that they were out to get a reaction, to get some-one to approach them, and with 10-12 of them that wasn't going to happen. It's very easy to be brave and be "the big man" when you have almost a dozen others standing with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

What we need is a good war, then we could pack them all off to some foreign spot lose maybe 70% and the 30% who do come back will have manners.

Although then again a war is sort of a form of a government organised racist campaign so maybe not, and them poilish took der jobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

oh please, this whole "ZOMG TEENAGERS ARE OUT OF CONTROL" bullshit is as old as time itself.

for example
    I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on
    the frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless
    beyond words. When I was a boy, we were taught to be discrete and
    respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly wise and
    impatient of restraint.

You're just getting old and crotchety OP, your rocking chair and sanctioned list of "things what were better when i were a lad" have been sent to you and will arrive shortly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

oh please, this whole "ZOMG TEENAGERS ARE OUT OF CONTROL" bullshit is as old as time itself.

for example

You're just getting old and crotchety OP, your rocking chair and sanctioned list of "things what were better when i were a lad" have been sent to you and will arrive shortly.

That was the piece i was looking for but couldn't find it.

Didn't happen in my day mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭raptorman

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

It's quite sad alright.

I walked up the street of my estate yesterday evening and there was about 6 teenagers hanging around on the corner. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and walked down to my GFs. Later the two of us walked back up to my place at around 20:10 and the group had grown to about 10-12. When we walked past at the other side of the street they started pelting us with snowballs, throwing abuse and laughing at us.

What pissed me off is not so much the snowballs but the fact that they were out to get a reaction, to get some-one to approach them, and with 10-12 of them that wasn't going to happen. It's very easy to be brave and be "the big man" when you have almost a dozen others standing with you.

so a bunch of kids threw snowballs !!!!

didnt the government pass some "gang" legislation last year ? saying its now illegal to be part of a gang ....maybe its time to enforce that ..... for gangs of people hanging around the place "harrassing" people.

Seriously though....
    scum shouldnt be allowed to reproduce (multiple convictions and yer sterilised)
    ...slightly over the top but hey !!! thats what AH is for.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

The Chinese have one thing right - licence for children.
    Have more than 2 and you get a bullet.
    They don't behave - bullet.
    Speak without raising their hand - bullet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Hooray for Chinese child policies! Have to say I agree with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,998 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

They should invite some Brazilian recruits to Templemore.

http://pangaea.org/street_children/latin/braz7.htm

Third Ex-policeman Confesses to Murder of Street Kids BRASILIA, Brazil (CNN) -- A third former police officer confessed Saturday to shooting to death a group of Brazilian street children as they slept. Marco Aurelio Alcantara, who goes on trial next month, was identified by one child who survived the shooting and later identified him.
    Marcos Vinicius Emmanuel, the first former policeman to go on trial for the 1993 shooting deaths of eight children, confessed, and was given a 309-year sentence for his crimes. Even though by Brazilian law, Emmanuel will only serve 30 years, the conviction is seen as a major step forward for human rights, since no Brazilian policeman had ever been convicted for murdering street children before.
    Human rights groups believe about 1,000 homeless children are shot each year, many by squads hired by shopkeepers. Off-duty policemen are believed to sometimes participate in the squads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

RoadKillTs wrote: »
    Hooray for Chinese child policies! Have to say I agree with them.

It's backfiring on them now because they have a marked gender imbalance in their young population.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

You also say that the group of teenagers moved off towards Pearse st flats - I'd say that was pretty local.

Can you not read? You obviously haven't a clue about the area.

The 'Rumours' were about other incidents listed, not this one. All the perpetrators of vandalism were supposed to have headed back towards Pearse st on their journey whilst passing. Local kids don't go home to Pearse st, they go to Barrow st, Sth Lotts, Ringsend village etc and this vandal bunch are not known..hence not local. Of course if they were local, the locals would know who they were but they don't hence they are not local.

I'll quickly explain the geography. Pearse St is a very long street that leads from Pearse St Garda station in the city centre to another long street called Ringsend Road which leads to Ringsend itself. A couple of miles walk right there.

You a member of the pedantic police? They ain't local, they ain't from Ringsend, they are from Pearse st towards the city centre.

FFS.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

bonerm wrote: »
    It's backfiring on them now because they have a marked gender imbalance in their young population.

ow yeah and risk of a famine would of been a doosy...

- Drav!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

ow yeah and risk of a famine would of been a doosy...

Yep. Now there's only a risk of excessive sausage at the nightclub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

Magnus wrote: »

Looking at my sandles - you better believe thats a paddlin' bullet

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

We need Harry Brown

to clean up in Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭j1974

Yeh, i've been to lovely derelict Birmingham and Manchester and its nowhere near as hostile as it is in Dublin.
    I was the only neighbour that opened the door to the situation albeit late on a busy road. I've wondered, if I had came across the incident sooner by a few minutes, what would have the scums reaction to me been Irish if they had confronted me as well?

Or perhaps the incident was not racist in that they would have picked on someone if they looked different in any way.

I've a down to earth local accent to compete with the teenagers ones, would they have backed off as i was local(could be naive here :)) or would they have just picked on me as well?

yes you are being naive and abit silly. fact is, they then know where you live, you could be replacing your front windows regularly in this case, or putting out your car. ive seen this happen al too frequently in finglas with scumbags. the major problem is that these are second generation scumbags, the father (if he can be found) and mother, are also scumbags and therefor have little empathy for others. they're just glad to have their dole and loan parents etc. it all come down to breeding in my book. I dont know what the row was about, but if you think that cos you've a flat dublin accent, they might fear you, you're sadly mistaken. Once you start woth these guys, you have to be prepared to go all the way, go outside and clatter the head off the biggest one or two of them and follow through on any subsequent threats you issue, they only understnad, force, violence and fear. If you have none of these in yards, then best just offer a kind ear and any other support to your neighbour, once the smoke clears.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

Sorry OP, am I missing something here?

You didn't witness what happened and you don't exactly know what happened, but you're deciding to just go on a rant about the local teenagers?

Ahh now, the guards wern't standin in between the taunting gang and the family because they didnt want the kids to see the mans wife and kid cry.. they clearly did something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Take a look elsewhere and see how other countries deal with the problem instead of sticking our heads in the sand and hoping it will go away as usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Neighbourhood watch needed. I don't know how Dubliners can think they can sit at home ignoring their neighbours while their local area turns to ****. It's your own fault, with no community people don't trust each other, won't care what happens to the person in the next building and won't put themselves on the line to protect their patch.

It's simple, if you live in a street where you don't talk to any one expect your street to turn into a getto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

ScumLord wrote: »
    Neighbourhood watch needed. I don't know how Dubliners can think they can sit at home ignoring their neighbours while their local area turns to ****. It's your own fault, with no community people don't trust each other, won't care what happens to the person in the next building and won't put themselves on the line to protect their patch.

It's simple, if you live in a street where you don't talk to any one expect your street to turn into a getto.

I agree with some of what you are saying here but a lot of people are afraid to stand up to these kids as you can't lay a finger on them or you will be the one to end up in trouble and people are afraid that there house will be targeted afterwards. It is not much fun to have your car windows smashed, house windows smashed, car keyed, garden plants ripped up etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭Angry Troll

ScumLord wrote: »

amen

and i should add that things tend to go down the drain where and when people do not own or rent their places. once everything is on welfare people tend to stop giving a **** about anything and communities turn to ghettos and slums...including gang violence and everything else...

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

kraggy wrote: »
    Ireland's gone to ****.

If I were in government, I'd have it that 16 year olds and younger have to be accompanied outside by an adult after 9pm. If not, slap a big fine on the parents.

Once money comes into things, parents aren't long copping on.

I'm really beginning to hate Ireland. The amount of scum in our country is worse than Britain at this stage. I've lived there. It's not as bad as Ireland.

Where did you live in the UK? In fairness its really really bad in some parts over there.

R0ot wrote: »
    Summary Executions anyone?

yeah, sure..seriously though, good solid old-school violence is a universal language everybody understands...anything else is basically just leftist utopia…if the little creeps were scared they’d stay away, as simple as that…of course, in today’s western world it is increasingly hard to protect yourself with all the laws and all that…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

yeah, sure..seriously though, good solid old-school violence is a universal language everybody understands...anything else is basically just leftist utopia…if the little creeps were scared they’d stay away, as simple as that…of course, in today’s western world it is increasingly hard to protect yourself with all the laws and all that…

Ahh, i love it. Such mindless thuggery being championed by people who consider themselves to be the law abiding citizens in their Walter Mitty fantasies.

The hypocrisy is staggering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

yeah Ireland's gone to ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Having done charity work in the Sherriff street / Summerhill area I can tell you now what those kids need is something that will get them off the streets. Belvedere youth club works great in that area so I'm sure the same effect can be replicated in the Pearse street area.

Putting a curfew on them will do nothing more than further strain understaffed Gardai trying to enforce it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

Ahh, i love it. Such mindless thuggery being championed by people who consider themselves to be the law abiding citizens in their Walter Mitty fantasies.

The hypocrisy is staggering.

what do you think should be done oh enlightened one,:rolleyes: or you probably dont really care as it wouldnt effect you much all the way up there

Advertisement