Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling wsop %'s, yup in January!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

roleynoley wrote: »
    I dont know you and you prob dont know me but i have to say thats 1 powerful post,makes alot of sense,kudos

Nobody knows hotspur, he's an entity

Re Dougee....You still never asnwered my question for 6 months ago..Means i can't take any %s
    dougee19 wrote: »
    weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, I just got married
    and the first thing u did was post here?
    what else is a boy to do?!!!!
    actually first thing was to go parachuting, was only $180!!! do good man, so good!!!! also after getting comped one of them sweet suites so I am celebrating through the night lads, through the night!!!!
    lads, im gonna have consensual sex!!!!! yayyyyyyyyyyyy
    exactly what have you been having up to this point?
    Flushdraw wrote: »
    Hang on a sec, you're in Vegas, right?

Did you just wait up this morning with an almighty hang over, looking in the mirror and you had the words "Just Married" tattooed on your head, or was it a more conventional wedding?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

how did you bluff this one dougee

Zeta_Jones_66669113_400.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

roleynoley wrote: »
    Btw,Ill take 1% too Dougee.Because at the end of the day this is YOUR thread.As regards the cork thing,ive either pm'd you,spoken to you or texted you.Ye all know my proposal to put cork on the poker map for the RIGHT reasons.Im not going to say what ive asked of ye all on a public forum but all Ill say in the words of a famous man is,"YES WE CAN!!!!":)

Where's my text Noel?

<snip - Macau talk removed>

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

Sirtoyou wrote: »
    One thing I'll say for Michael Douglas is that because he has been on boards so long and around the poker scene so long that people forget that he is still a kid.I believe he is still only 21 and hence last year was his first time in vegas though he was probably rolled for it several times since at least the age of 15.He is a nice guy and a good player and I'd doubt if he would have it in him to wrong anyone.I think people of that age have to be allowed leeway for immaturity in their past dealings with forums etc.I remember Hawkeye's vegas experience could have gone similar barring a big cash or Cardshark was certainly in a similar situation yet if they posted selling %s their hands would be bitten off and rightly so.All I'm saying is this kid certainly deserves a chance on ability no doubt maturity and wisdom will follow.

What situation have I been in again? I'm not happy with this insinuation. If you are referring to me being an asshole to some people on the forum, fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Sirtoyou

What situation have I been in again? I'm not happy with this insinuation. If you are referring to me being an asshole to some people on the forum, fair enough.

No offence intended .My point was that Michael wouldn't be the first to get into a sticky situation in Vegas and certainly wont be the last.

what were u really looking for that time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

a-k-47 wrote: »
    what were u really looking for that time
    $100 AFAIR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Daithio9

I'd say a $1 would have done him.
    Ah feck it dougee why you only selling such a small % I'd have expected an offering of at least 165% from a man such as yourself.

lol your all bad cnuts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 venturegambler

most of ye need yer arses kicked. his history has been put forward. a number of people have vouched for his poker talent and trustworthiness. either take a percentage or shut up. harsh but fair!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Im doing a 20euro accumulator on the soccer today, anyone wanna buy some of the bet off me at odds at 12 to1????
    Im selling 5% of the bet for 2 euro.

Im very good at the betting, i won 760 on Arsenal,Bolton and wolves a few weeks ago and a horse i had backed came in second. My friends in paddy power can vouch for me.

Anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Im doing a 20euro accumulator on the soccer today, anyone wanna buy some of the bet off me at odds at 12 to1????
    Im selling 5% of the bet for 2 euro.

Im very good at the betting, i won 760 on Arsenal,Bolton and wolves a few weeks ago and a horse i had backed came in second. My friends in paddy power can vouch for me.

Anyone??

Another terrible effort tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭dougee19

Haven't been online due to work,

Thanks a lot for your comments SpencerJames, really appreciate them but I do understand where LL, hotspur, set etc are coming from. I basically used and abused this forum for my own entertainment for a while and it must have been infuriating for a lot of readers.
    The only problem I ever had was when I tried to make amends or be serious there was instantly a lot of really irritating comments and I just got fed up again. Immature I know but thats what I was on here.

There isn't actually many comments I need to reply to so I will just say thanks for above opinions good and bad and if anyone else wants to buy any %'s then post or pm me. Last year was me going over with a bankroll with no plan, I bought in to some events and with the rest I played all cash games possible while paying for hotels rooms as days go by. It was an absolutely random experience which I love doing but I want to actually have one great attempt in Vegas and after last year I am determined to do well this year.
    Seeing as I am getting a car and trying to set something up I don't want to invest all of my money so want to try and sell some %'s, thats the only reason I am on here and that is the truth

and for the future, I will try and be better on here even though I know a lot of people will never change their opinion about me.

hotspur wrote: »
    I don't recall Hawkeye or Cardshark ever coming on here insulting people left, right, and centre. If DBC had the ability of Phil Ivey he would still be told where to go if he came on here asking for a stake. Nobody in this world deserves a chance merely on ability in any field imo, their attitude, judgement, and respect for others are paramount in the decision of any reasonable person to give them the time of day.

Dougee may well be a very nice guy, in fact given the testimonials I'm inclined to think he probably is. But he has no credibility on this forum. That can happen. I've seen people of his age act like fools online but be very nice guys in real life. That's partly down to immaturity and partly due to not appreciating that communicating via this medium is an extension of the self for the overwhelming majority of people and not a computer game where you create a villainous character for fun.

Everyone is free to create a character and take the p1ss if they wish, but the problem comes in attempting to oscillate between that character and your real self. You will have zero credibility and will reacted to exactly as Dougee has.

Us non-Cork people don't know Dougee the real guy, we know the annoying, immature character who purposely trolled here and likes to call us muppets. Hence Cork people who know him and us boardsies who don't are not disagreeing about the nature of a single identity, we are each reacting appropriately to a different one. It was his choice to cultivate that schism through not being authentic.

Having said that, the list of people from Cork who have come on here defending him reads like a list of the worst posters this forum has ever seen. That there are multiple accounts from the same people makes a lot of sense, because some of my favourite people on this earth are from Cork and yet a good proportion of the Cork posters on here have been genuinely LOL.

Hopefully this last line sums it up well - Michael I wish you all the best in Vegas and hope you do well and enjoy it, Dougee19 go **** yourself.

This is actually a great post, sums up absolutely everything I've had to do with the forum in the past really. I started stupid fights with everyone just for fun and it was completely pointless and I do admit that. Don't think I'll ever change mosts opinion of me but I shall not be as annoying from now on anyway so thats something :pac:
    Cheers for the post

So can you all stop bickering from now on, I admit I was in the wrong before. If you don't want anything to do with it no more comments needed just stick to the topic/let the thread die out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Don't think I'll ever change mosts opinion of me but I shall not be as annoying from now on anyway so thats something :pac:
    Just to let you know, it's completely possible to change the majority of people's opinions of you. Look at Yuletured, in the past he was one of the biggest trolls on here and was banned loads of times, but he's just won Poster of the Year and Personality of the year for 2009. So it is completely possible to change opinions.

Best of luck with Vegas and everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

Ste05 wrote: »
    Just to let you know, it's completely possible to change the majority of people's opinions of you. Look at Yuletured, in the past he was one of the biggest trolls on here and was banned loads of times, but he's just won Poster of the Year and Personality of the year for 2009. So it is completely possible to change opinions.

Best of luck with Vegas and everything else.

If i remember correctly the much hated Solskjaer was in the running for POY but had to pull out due to the moans a groans from the aisles.
    The bannings were usually when some poker cnut was on his high horse and I merely told em to fk off. more or less.

It's a dark day for the poker forum today very dark. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Brian_N

Have played against him a few times. Once you don't blow up you should do well :P I'll take 2%

no omaha?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,403 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    All of this would make sense if this was May, and
    What if he chose not to accept the cash until then, was simply taking tender offers etc?
    Flipper wrote: »
    On Douglas' offer: As I've said before, I've no beef with Michael..../snip/
    Never understand why you get such a hard time, I've always found you pretty straight shooting and honest. perhaps a bit too much common sence /cynacism doesn't bode well for making friends down south.
    Great post.
    If i'm ever incorrectly on trial for a murder, can you sum up for the jury.
    FYP
    Making up a poker game to screw Dave murray as you changed the rules to suit yourself is very dodgy!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

YULETIRED wrote: »
    If i remember correctly the much hated Solskjaer was in the running for POY but had to pull out due to the moans a groans from the aisles.
    The bannings were usually when some poker cnut was on his high horse and I merely told em to fk off. more or less.

It's a dark day for the poker forum today very dark. :D
    I'm sticking with my version of events... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

What if he chose not to accept the cash until then, was simply taking tender offers etc?

Never understand why you get such a hard time, I've always found you pretty straight shooting and honest. perhaps a bit too much common sence /cynacism doesn't bode well for making friends down south.

FYP

Making up a poker game to screw Dave murray as you changed the rules to suit yourself is very dodgy!

Huh to the last bit? (pm if necessary)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,403 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Huh to the last bit? (pm if necessary)

Jokes jokes! Reggie invented a poker game and Dave took him to the cleaners!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭SpencerJames

I can relate to what Hotspur has said, and I guess thats why i sympathise with Michael. I myself was totally different on here to my real life persona. I do realise that this is an extension of my persona and a representation of myself.

I hope you have taken this on board and that you can reasses your Dougee alter-ego.

Also, for the same reasons I would ask the older posters on here to cut him some slack.

Best of luck in Vegas!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,200 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Sirtoyou wrote: »
    I remember Hawkeye's vegas experience could have gone similar barring a big cash or Cardshark was certainly in a similar situation yet if they posted selling %s their hands would be bitten off and rightly so.

lol, this is the stupidest post ever.

Hawkeye's post pre-wsop was days not months.
    There was little poker content, but from what I remember, He basically crushed a live cash table. He was already regard as a good player before that post and the WSOP.
    If offer, a lot of us would of bought %s

As for Cardshark.
    He was much more regular user of boards a year or two ago and was regarded as one of the best) players on boards. Dispite the Reggie busto vid that pops up every year, he would of sold out 50% in hours.
    Somebody can cprrect me if i'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure he did sell or swap % with others who are pretty highly regarded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭bops

Mellor wrote: »
    Somebody can cprrect me if i'm wrong

the best bit of the thread :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

Mellor wrote: »
    lol, this is the stupidest post ever.

Hawkeye's post pre-wsop was days not months.
    There was little poker content, but from what I remember, He basically crushed a live cash table. He was already regard as a good player before that post and the WSOP.
    If offer, a lot of us would of bought %s

As for Cardshark.
    He was much more regular user of boards a year or two ago and was regarded as one of the best) players on boards. Dispite the Reggie busto vid that pops up every year, he would of sold out 50% in hours.
    Somebody can cprrect me if i'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure he did sell or swap % with others who are pretty highly regarded.

Can't really use boards now in Argentina. Its too slow and doesn't load properly. I can't even see what links I'm clicking half the time. Don't know why, but its been the same everywhere in this country, and only for boards.
    That stupid video was funny about 3 years ago, sigh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭lucky-colm

I can relate to what Hotspur has said, and I guess thats why i sympathise with Michael. I myself was totally different on here to my real life persona. I do realise that this is an extension of my persona and a representation of myself.

I hope you have taken this on board and that you can reasses your Dougee alter-ego.

Also, for the same reasons I would ask the older posters on here to cut him some slack.

Best of luck in Vegas!

i can dig that,
    so what you are saying is',
    ye are like jekel and hyde or the priests:D

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭DrJFF

This has been a very interesting thread thus far,

I defo would have bought a couple of % if it was closer the events, if your still selling closer the date PM me

gl

This is closed for now; I have layed out how much I will need for Vegas and I have decided I want to sell 20% of my action total and get the other 80 myself. Have sold 14 on here and 5 privately so for the moment I will stop selling. If I don't make my target in that time I will be back selling here or on ptp.
    Thanks all for your above comments good and bad. Happy with this thread :)

All of these are provisional and you can just pm me if you do not want to back out, I honestly won't mind

a-k-47 2%
    THEIRISHMOB 2%
    keane2097 2%
    myflipflops 2%(sorry for never pmming, honestly never saw your post until now. Will do it once I am back in Cork during the week)
    pokerpisstaker 2%
    dave147 1%
    pppspecial 1%
    knucks213 1%
    roleynoley 1%

If I have missed out on anyone then post and I will fix it. Was a fun thread and happy I did it as I am now going to try and mature on here instead of being an idiot :).
    Quite random to put it up so early but even when I'm gonna be normal on here I'm still gonna be kinda loopy.
    Thanks for all the comments and hope to see you all in Vegas at some point :D. gl all

• Advertisement

pm sent to all about this. I honestly have 0 problem if anyone wants to back out so just let me know.
    Cheers

Advertisement