Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling wsop %'s, yup in January!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,200 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It's Douglas, Michael Douglas

f718499c1c8cef6730f9fd03c8125cab.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Poker.....its a helluva drug.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

I think its a great idea cos everyone knows that you cant win one of these things on your own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 MrReaperMan

Michael you’re going about this all wrong.

Below is a fool full proof plan:

Step 1: Set yourself up as a bank

Step 2: Get a load of well to do investors to “invest in you”

Step 2a: Pay yourself a handsome salary and a lottery win equivalent pension

Step 3: Take your newly acquired funds and invest them the tournaments you intend to play.

Step 4: When you’ve lost the lot you can blame international luckbox factors and a world wide epidemic of bad luck of which you had no control over.

Step 5: Inform the Irish government that unless they bail you and your investors out the country will suffer an economic disaster of dooms day proportions.

Step 6: The government in their wiseness will set up D.U.M.B (Dougees Unholy Mess Bailout) and give your investors 75 cent in the euro for each of these bad loans.

Simples!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

In life, as in poker its good to know your table image.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭lucky-colm

dougee?
    the thread is 2 days old and the only stats (if you could call them that) that you have posted of yourself are that you finished 8th and won $4000 2yrs ago in a tournie in waterford, i mean to say is that it???:eek:

the only other info i can get from this thread is that you say you won a few other tournies and that you went to vegas last year and blew the wad

i wouldn't mind buying a few % but lets be honest here it just dosn't look good reading through the thread, i think it should contain more info about you and your achievments before you could expect strangers to take you seriously.

do you play online? where do you play? at what limits do you play? do you play cash or mtts online? what is your name online? do you play on more than one site?

where can i get info on these other tournies that you said you won? what was the field like? were they made up of good players or just fish? what is the buyin for these tournies?

just a few questions to get you started, but really if you want to sell yourself it is going to take more than 2 or 3 sentences
    just my ha'penny's worth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭lee_arama

In defence of Dougee I know the guy fairly well and he plays a lot online - not as much as some here but more than the average bear.

He's banked some impressive wins over the past year, all of which ye can surely work out on that there new fangled intermawebbery thing.

He's already posted usernames here in the past so: Stars - michaeld18
    FTP - omahahahi
    Eyes - -nhjob- (purely cos it's a great username IMO)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭DEEP THROAT

corkie123 wrote: »
    plenty of people sold % of them selfs here last year at over the odds

Don't Drag SirToYou into this:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Flipper

I'd be willing to take the bullet here and say that all Cork IP's should be blocked

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭suilen

Flipper wrote: »
    I'd be willing to take the bullet here and say that all Cork IP's should be blocked

+ 1

I presumed this thread was a level when i read it first but unfortunately not by the looks of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭THEIRISHMOB

I'll take 2%.
    Played with you a few times and can see that you can play.
    Don't take any notice of the negative feedback its just an "Irish thing".
    Will send a PM and ship the funds closer to the WSOP if that is ok?

One note of caution...It hurts a lot handing over% if you do get a decent score. Might be worth thinking more about fully funding ur own trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭roleynoley

Imo,theres nothiing wrong with a fella planning ahead,why not?If people are interested,dougee should make a list but no monies shipped til May.I know the guy myself and hes a fairly solid player.I understand concerns about previous results etc.but why not give him a chance to get results?Lifes a gamble,is it not??Why not but a % or 2 and have a bit of a punt?Up to yourself of course but you never know:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

One note of caution...It hurts a lot handing over% if you do get a decent score.

I'd disagree with this, guess its subjective but if you handing over a good chunk it also means you still got a good chunk in tournaments you may not of played without investment. I've only sold percentages three times, once on here and twice privately and had to give out a decent % of good wins each time, but I was delighted to be handing it over tbh.

Bull**** Flip,we should be encouraging each other!Remember when you won the IPC and people ran you down and who stood up for you??Take a leaf out of his book!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭smoothcall

nicnicnic wrote: »
    I'd disagree with this, guess its subjective but if you handing over a good chunk it also means you still got a good chunk in tournaments you may not of played without investment. I've only sold percentages three times, once on here and twice privately and had to give out a decent % of good wins each time, but I was delighted to be handing it over tbh.

I'd agree with this, If it means you can play more tournaments, more confortably, properly rolled I think it's a good decision to sell some.

As for dougee, doing this in jan has returned obvious reponses.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

i dont think he deserves all this bollox tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭dougee19

a-k-47 wrote: »
    Its early yea but sorting out monies in May id say is a pain in the hole. When do they even take reg for these tournaments? Can it be done online.

Have decided January slightly early alrite so will take a list and have money sent in March. I just basically want to get it changed into $ while the rate is still so high
    Irish Iron wrote: »
    are all these tournaments set in stone?

Event 47 is the only one that I might not play as it is so close to the others but the other 7 are definates.

lucky-colm wrote: »
    do you play online? where do you play? at what limits do you play? do you play cash or mtts online? what is your name online? do you play on more than one site?
    I generally play cash games on Irish Eyes, 4 tables of generally 1/2 omaha and holdem.
    I also used play sng's on PokerStars and omaha cash under the sn michaeld18. Few years back I used play a ridiculous amount of live cash in the Macau and have started playing in the Rebel Card Club again where I am getting back to good form again.

One note of caution...It hurts a lot handing over% if you do get a decent score. Might be worth thinking more about fully funding ur own trip.

Am used to it slightly, been playing and mostly staking on parttime and people have been having to hand me over ludicrous sums of money after a big score but they all know you wouldn't have even got the chance without the investors so they deserve the rewards too. My profits were only minimal in mine but I was happy with my own profit being honest

I also can't fully fund my trip as a lot of my money is invested in a friend setting up a new company. Will be able to spare around €5-7k but not enough to play the events I want + cash games so I would rather sell off 40%, play cash games, and also go have a great few nights out over there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

dougee19 wrote: »
    but not enough to play the events I want + cash games so I would rather sell off 40%, play cash games, and also go have a great few nights out over there

a word of caution...

cuterob wrote: »
    a word of caution...

This year I am focused on mtt's, last year it was an experience and I was random out. This year my goal is to cash in at least one wsop event as it might be my last year over so I am going to be trying my best and using what I learned last year to help me do better.
    Will only be playing cash games on different nights before I go out because of the free booze :p. I have never taken a loan for more than 1 month in 3/4 years of playing poker down here. Really don't want to get my name tainted as a scumbag who runs with money to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭gorfield

Advertising the fact you are going to be playing cash games over there just for the free booze is not an ideal way to entice investors imho.......

• Advertisement

gorfield wrote: »
    Advertising the fact you are going to be playing cash games over there just for the free booze is not an ideal way to entice investors imho.......

its not going to be anywhere near the events so why should I lie. If I do well in any event I obviously am going to be getting the $1 for the day but if I have 0 chips should I really mope about the tournament. I'm going to try and completely forget about losing the money, think about where I made mistakes and then forget about it completely until my next tournament.

As expected this thread is a slight fail :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

cuterob wrote: »
    a word of caution...

who goes to vegas and doesnt play any cash games? As long as your rolled and dont think your ivey, its ok;).

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭THEIRISHMOB

dougee19 wrote: »
    This year I am focused on mtt's, last year it was an experience and I was random out. This year my goal is to cash in at least one wsop event as it might be my last year over so I am going to be trying my best and using what I learned last year to help me do better.
    Will only be playing cash games on different nights before I go out because of the free booze :p. I have never taken a loan for more than 1 month in 3/4 years of playing poker down here. Really don't want to get my name tainted as a scumbag who runs with money to be honest

Ok now I'm worried....!!!
    You want to cash 1 event?
    And if I was going to play the WSOP I wouldent be mentioning going drinking etc?

I think you need to approch it with a more professional attitude...Hope to cash multi events and get a big score...also maybe go to play poker and give it 101% as you mention you might not be going again..and forget poker & free booze. I plan on going this year also and would never think of playing poker in a professional manner and drinking at the same time. I would advise setting out a daily schedule that would include exercise and eating well and also have a way of relaxing like golf or a show etc. If your gonna do it do it right. and good luck. Ohh go "boozing" when its all over with your winnings>?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,261 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

I said at least one event, I am going to be utterly determined on doing very well this year. I completely admit I mess around online and don't take it too serious like the rest of you, but when I play any event live I play the best poker I can.

I won't be drinking while I'm playing any event as I mentioned above, I admit I shouldn't have even mentioned drink as it will have 0% to do with my actual wsop experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Flipper

roleynoley wrote: »
    Bull**** Flip,we should be encouraging each other!Remember when you won the IPC and people ran you down and who stood up for you??Take a leaf out of his book!!
    I've no problem with Douglas personally. My problem is with the constant trolling of the poker forum by the usual suspects (I need not list them) and it's long been an embarrasment to poker in Cork. Such bickering is part of why Cork poker is being left behind on a national level (falling numbers in the Macau events and the lack of any outside organisers in the city) and why there is no poker teams like there is in Dublin or Galway. I'm not implying that Douglas is at the root of this but have a look through the thread... One Cork arsehole has already posted twice under two accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

I've no problem with Douglas personally. My problem is with the constant trolling of the poker forum by the usual suspects (I need not list them) and it's long been an embarrasment to poker in Cork. Such bickering is part of why Cork poker is being left behind on a national level (falling numbers in the Macau events and the lack of any outside organisers in the city) and why there is no poker teams like there is in Dublin or Galway. I'm not implying that Douglas is at the root of this but have a look through the thread... One Cork arsehole has already posted twice under two accounts.

digging_a_hole.jpg

Fair enough,I do agree with you on actually everything you just said.Thought it was usual corkman running down corkman stuff.Lets not make this thread about cork(we've had enough of them:eek:)The thread is about Dougee so lets keep it on that.Whats your opinion on said topic??

nicnicnic wrote: »
    digging_a_hole.jpg
    Looooooooooooooooool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

a-k-47 wrote: »
    who goes to vegas and doesnt play any cash games? As long as your rolled and dont think your ivey, its ok;).

i don't think you get what i was jesting at

Advertisement