Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City Predictions Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Eoghan to attempt suicide

Eoghan could attempt or even succeed in committing suicide the same day that Emmett finds out about Ciaran. He finds out about who Ciaran really is and then he kills him and rescues Katy who along with Debbie will have to face the prospect of her brother going to prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,059 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I sincerely hope they don't have a Damian/Caoimhe baby story as that would be like that awful one involving Orla. They seem to want to turn Caoimhe into an Orla type. Damian must be twice her age as well. I know he doesn't look that much older than her but I recall that Caoimhe was just of post-leaving cert age when she came into it and I can remember Damian from way back in it and he was a grown man even then. Damian must be around 45 and Caoimhe around 25.

Was Caoimhe not studying medicine and left her degree course when the Dillon family first came up from Kilkenny :confused:

Was Caoimhe not studying medicine and left her degree course when the Dillon family first came up from Kilkenny :confused:

Yes, that is correct. IIRC, the Dilllons came into it in 2010 and she did either 1 or 2 years of the course. That would put her in her mid 20s now. I don't remember when Damian came into it first but it was around the late 1990s or early 2000s and he was well into his 20s then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Damien is a very boring character, he never has anything interesting to say, he has no screen charisma and every time hes on screen I yawn. He really should be kicked out of it by this stage. There is literally nothing exciting about him.

I predict, given how popular her story was earlier this year, Heather will return and start quiet at first, convincing everyone around her shes a changed woman, but gradually the old bonkers Heather will return and she will cause endless grief.

I actually HOPE Katy is out soon because they had their chance to add an interesting twist to this story but they ruined it. Surely the O Briens will pack up and move away after all this is over, they have had nothing but bad luck for the last few years!

Damien is a very boring character, he never has anything interesting to say, he has no screen charisma and every time hes on screen I yawn. He really should be kicked out of it by this stage. There is literally nothing exciting about him.

I predict, given how popular her story was earlier this year, Heather will return and start quiet at first, convincing everyone around her shes a changed woman, but gradually the old bonkers Heather will return and she will cause endless grief.

I actually HOPE Katy is out soon because they had their chance to add an interesting twist to this story but they ruined it. Surely the O Briens will pack up and move away after all this is over, they have had nothing but bad luck for the last few years!

They have done nothing with Damian to make him interesting is partly to blame for this. He has not much charisma and poor storylines do not improve this. All he has been doing the last few years is either fighting with Pete or involved in these awful baby storylines. The last time Damian was in a good story was the one with Suzanne. In fact Damian and Orla would be perfect together: she is by far the most boring character and she was never even in a good story.

Heather is due to return I think. She will start off quiet and then will start showing new signs of manipulation and eventually madness. She will feature in some big story after Katy and Paul/Niamh/Dermot.

• Advertisement

They have done nothing with Damian to make him interesting is partly to blame for this. He has not much charisma and poor storylines do not improve this. All he has been doing the last few years is either fighting with Pete or involved in these awful baby storylines. The last time Damian was in a good story was the one with Suzanne. In fact Damian and Orla would be perfect together: she is by far the most boring character and she was never even in a good story.

Heather is due to return I think. She will start off quiet and then will start showing new signs of manipulation and eventually madness. She will feature in some big story after Katy and Paul/Niamh/Dermot.

Thank God for that, Heather is such a talented actress that any story she puts her hand to will no doubt be of high quality. To put it into context, I had dripped out of FC for a few years before last Christmas as I couldn't take characters like Orla, Niamh, Jo, Decco etc none of them talented actors, then I happened to be watching the tail end of when Heather started to poison her kid, and I took notice "Ooh hello this looks interesting..." and that's when I was hooked again, thank God for the Katy story and Oisin for making the return of Heather more bearable.

FC only has a handful of REAL actors and not people who have been playing the same character for years. Mary from Glenroe, Bob, Heather, Renee, I suppose Tommy isn't bad and others like Cass and even Katy is a talented young actress. The rest of them like Niamh and Paul, Damien and Coaimhe, Carol and Robbie, Orla, Dan, Decco etc etc are absolutely average at best. I have never been able to understand the love-in FC fans have for Carol, she plays the same old poor me story every single year but that's another kettle of fish!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,595 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Eoghan to attempt suicide

And get charged with attempted murder!

Thank God for that, Heather is such a talented actress that any story she puts her hand to will no doubt be of high quality. To put it into context, I had dripped out of FC for a few years before last Christmas as I couldn't take characters like Orla, Niamh, Jo, Decco etc none of them talented actors, then I happened to be watching the tail end of when Heather started to poison her kid, and I took notice "Ooh hello this looks interesting..." and that's when I was hooked again, thank God for the Katy story and Oisin for making the return of Heather more bearable.

FC only has a handful of REAL actors and not people who have been playing the same character for years. Mary from Glenroe, Bob, Heather, Renee, I suppose Tommy isn't bad and others like Cass and even Katy is a talented young actress. The rest of them like Niamh and Paul, Damien and Coaimhe, Carol and Robbie, Orla, Dan, Decco etc etc are absolutely average at best. I have never been able to understand the love-in FC fans have for Carol, she plays the same old poor me story every single year but that's another kettle of fish!

The Heather and Katy storylines have been very interesting and have got people talking and predicting. The O'Briens in general gave them a chance to have different people with a different background and circumstances as did bring in Ciaran.

I said it before and will say it again: FC is at its poorest when the story revolves around Orla. She was never what one could call an interesting character and her storylines were always poor. Damian ain't much better and Caoimhe is being turned into a second Orla and Jo before she left was a second Orla as well. Niamh and Paul and their affairs are played out at this stage.

Robbie, Dan and Decco are capable of good things with the right storylines. I like all the Bishops and they all are good when we have a good story with them. Kerry Ann has softened Decco and she is yet another Orla derivative. Robbie came in as a shady character but they then made him into a 100% good guy. Decco the same. Carol was once a great source of storylines but she has been turned more into an upperclass respectable bordering on Orla type once again! Although her recent story with her father brought her back to her routes.

A return of Lucy, Heather, Sylvester Garrigan and Anthony Farrell would shake things up. The latter 2 could easily be re-introduced as associates of Cathal and the former 2 should get a return visit as they were great.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Katy murders Ciaran and manages to escape.

branie2 wrote: »
    Katy murders Ciaran and manages to escape.

Its a real predicament either way. How can Ciaran possibly trust this spirited young girl to keep his identity a secret? Then again I don't think he has the nerve to kill her so it should be interesting how this plays out...

• Advertisement

Glenrose and Cass to marry and then adopt Amanda.

Bunion Kelly to bury the wife!

Dermot gets news - he doesn't have cancer after all, due to a misdiagnosis

And gets to stay in the show for another 2 decades....yay!

I predict Katy wont get out this side of Christmas.

I feel this is the case too. Either no cancer, a curable cancer or a manageable cancer. In addition he may have got this news already and is not telling Niamh this because he wants to take Paul's money. This story is gonna throw up a few surprises! But I predict the main threat of imminent death that Dermot faces is from Paul's wrath. Just look at how Paul tried to kill Michael a la Fran the Man from Love/Hate's killing of Dean with a bar.

Rocco to be finally located!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

walshb wrote: »
    Rocco to be finally located!

He has been - in the park yesterday with Ride Sally Ride.

desbrook wrote: »
    He has been - in the park yesterday with Ride Sally Ride.

I know....I was having the buzz....

Pete and Orla to have an affair

Rocco to be found, again!

Katy wakes up in her bed at home. Her kidnapping just a dream

• Advertisement

Jane to have an affair with Robbie and make him wash his hair

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Hayley is pregnant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

Cass and Bella become lovers

Katy comes to her senses, dumps Ciaran, and finds her way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Ciaran will die and those attending his funeral reveals the dark secrets of his hidden family background, when who shows up only his other sister.

Lucy.....

1k09h.jpg

And the brother he forgot to mention...

Terence......

086_e5e770cff05e2a2d19026df89d1e3ab74dc179fc.jpg

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Ciaran will die and those attending his funeral reveals the dark secrets of his hidden family background, when who shows up only his other sister.

Lucy.....

1k09h.jpg

Terence......

I would love to see Lucy come back into it. She was a great character. If she was revealed as Ciaran's sister, that would be a good twist.

The Lucy character as far as I recall is meant to be from Longford (Lorna who played her is from that county) and it was mentioned once. I do not recall any mention of where Ciaran is from and came into it as the ultimate mystery man.

Of course, if he was Lucy's brother I would assume he'd have done something to Dolores, Wayne and Orla. IIRC, that Terence character got killed?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

I would love to see Lucy come back into it. She was a great character. If she was revealed as Ciaran's sister, that would be a good twist.

The Lucy character as far as I recall is meant to be from Longford (Lorna who played her is from that county) and it was mentioned once. I do not recall any mention of where Ciaran is from and came into it as the ultimate mystery man.

Of course, if he was Lucy's brother I would assume he'd have done something to Dolores, Wayne and Orla. IIRC, that Terence character got killed?

My preductions were meant as tongue and cheek.
    I believe Terence was presumed dead and no body was ever recovered leaving it open for him to show up again sometime.

Laois_Man wrote: »

Lucy.....

1k09h.jpg

Terence......

Why does Ray have two gags?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Why does Ray have two gags?

Because he's like Tommy Tiernan....he's not funny either....:p

• Advertisement