Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drug smuggler Akmal Shaikh executed

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Iolar wrote: »
    He broke the laws in that particular country,people shouldnt expect the same laws from their home country applied to them in other places

I don't people expect it.

If it was a member of your family that was executed like this then it all might look a little different when they are flying his body home.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

What gets me is that if you had 4 million quid's worth of precious heroin you needed smuggled, would you not look for someone a bit more reliable to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

OutlawPete wrote: »
    I don't people expect it.

If it was a member of your family that was executed like this then it all might look a little different when they are flying his body home.

Doesn't matter where they fly the body, be it to the western world or down the road in China.

The crime was committed in China, and its up to the Chinese justice system what happens to him.

Why the presumption that a westerner should be immune, because we are wealthier?

Doesn't matter where they fly the body, be it to the western world or down the road in China.

What are you talking about?

I am not saying where they fly the body is important :rolleyes:

I was trying to make the point the point that if a member of your fmaily was coming home in a body bag then it might just hit home how f**king barbaric it is to murder a human being for dealing drugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

If you are a peadofile (sic) , you DO deserve to die. .....If you are a murderer, you deserve LIFE in prison.

So killing a child is not as bad as wanting to have sex with them ?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    So killing a child is not as bad as wanting to have sex with them ?:rolleyes:

Of course not.

Don't you read the Bible? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

this is getting off the record

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

OutlawPete wrote: »
    What are you talking about?

I am not saying where they fly the body is important :rolleyes:

I was trying to make the point the point that if a member of your fmaily was coming home in a body bag then it might just hit home how f**king barbaric it is to murder a human being for dealing drugs.

What I'm talking about is that it is irrelevant that a loved one would be flown anywhere, this guy committed a crime in a country and was sentenced according to their legal system.

Emotions don't come into it, far more chinese citizens have suffered under chinese law than this one sob story.

A human rights protester was recently jailed for life, this moron was a drugs mule, I won't shed a tear for him.

What is your point, that he should not have been executed? Why not? You may not agree with the law but it was applied universally, and china isn't the only country that executes drug smugglers.

You can be against the death penalty, but emotions don't come into it one bit, I am more sorry for families living under tyranny than this guys family.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,988 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

In China, they execute people who fiddle the books, or are negligent in producing dodgy baby food etc., so why would a drug trafficker be exempt?

The guy also had his British nationality against him, given that the British were pretty much responsible for shipping vast quantities of opium into China during the days of the Empire, and creating the demand in the first place. I'm sure this history helped him on his way.

What I'm talking about is that it is irrelevant that a loved one would be flown anywhere ..

I never said there was relevance in him being flown anywhere.

Can you not grasp the fact that I was making the point that a person's views might change when it is THEIR loved one that has been executed and is been zipped up in a body bag.
    this guy committed a crime in a country and was sentenced according to their legal system.

I am well aware of the facts of the case thanks very much.
    Emotions don't come into it,

They do when it is your family member.
    far more chinese citizens have suffered under chinese law than this one sob story.

And they didn't cry? They didn't feel that it was unjust?

Your goddamn right they did and if your knew anything about what it is really like in China you wouldn't make such a stupid argument.
    A human rights protester was recently jailed for life, this moron was a drugs mule, I won't shed a tear for him..

Can't you emapthise with both??

Why do you presume that because people are saying this guy got a raw deal that they are somehow oblivious to other cases of China's savage justice system?

We are not!
    What is your point, .

It's obvious.
    that he should not have been executed?

Yes.
    Why not?.

Becuase it is Barbaric to murder another human being under the guise of justice.

But to murder a man for the crime that this man was supposed to have commited is beyond words.

That country's goverment is sick to the core when it comes to justice and hman rights.
    You may not agree with the law but it was applied universally, and china isn't the only country that executes drug smugglers.

SO WHAT!!

That doesn't make it right or humane.
    I am more sorry for families living under tyranny than this guys family.

I am sorry for them ALL!!!

They are not mutually exclusive you know :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I was reading an article on the Daily Mail site there and stumbled across this,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1239051/LEO-McKINSTRY-Sorry-join-liberal-wailing-heroin-traffickers-deserve-die.html

absolutely terrible journalism, you just have to laugh because if you didn't it would drive you round the bend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Black Magic

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Why?

Because the article is a typically misinformed, ignorant and reactionary peice of shit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Black Magic

Because the article is a typically misinformed, ignorant and reactionary peice of shit.

Daily Mail Tabloid Journalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Why?
    This morning, barring an unlikely last-minute reprieve, convicted drug smuggler Akmal Shaikh was executed by firing squad, having been found guilty of trying to bring 4kg of heroin into China.

Well he was killed by lethal injection for a start. And that's just the first sentence.

Perhaps the "why" was why as in why the fup were you reading the Daily Mail ?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,727 ✭✭✭✭walshb

What is so wrong with the Daily Mail? I read it and find it a great read, with many many different stories and articles. As for their website, brilliant! Where do you get your perfect story and perfect information?

The Irish seem to always have an uppity attitude and problem with British tabloids, funny, we can't see to stop bloody buying them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,988 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Even the Daily Mail would be executed in China, despite it suffering a mental illness.

walshb wrote: »
    The Irish seem to always have an uppity attitude and problem with British tabloids.
    Nope Tabloids in general
    ejmaztec wrote: »
    Even the Daily Mail would be executed in China.

You know suddenly this death penelty thing might have some upsides after all
    ejmaztec wrote: »
    despite it suffering a mental illness.
    Rightly or wrongly fascism is not generally recognised as a mental ilness

What is so wrong with the Daily Mail? .

Well, for a start - they pay people like Jan Moir, Anne Robinson and Richard Littlejohn to write the biggest load of tripe each week.

• Advertisement

I was reading an article on the Daily Mail site there and stumbled across this,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1239051/LEO-McKINSTRY-Sorry-join-liberal-wailing-heroin-traffickers-deserve-die.html

absolutely terrible journalism, you just have to laugh because if you didn't it would drive you round the bend.

Thanks for posting this.

Don't usually make a sepearte post to thank someone for posting something but lately I have been noticing much more that when people that go to the bother of sharing information they find, then get ignored and yet some smart ar*e comment will get thanked off the thread.

Can't stand when people go to the trouble of reading a posted article and then don't thank the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭Ridley

What is so wrong with the Daily Mail? I read it and find it a great read, with many many different stories and articles.

It's generally regarded as a (British) conservative middle-class sensationalist manipulator of moral panics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

What is so wrong with the Daily Mail? I read it and find it a great read, with many many different stories and articles. As for their website, brilliant! Where do you get your perfect story and perfect information?

The Irish seem to always have an uppity attitude and problem with British tabloids, funny, we can't see to stop bloody buying them.

Is this post meant to be ironic or something?

Ridley wrote: »
    It's generally regarded as a (British) conservative middle-class sensationalist manipulator of moral panics.

Wow, it's amazing then how they sell so well here!

Wow, it's amazing then how they sell so well here!
    You'd be very naive to think that the number of sales of news papers has some correlation with the quality of the journalism of that newspaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I don't agree with the death penalty whatsoever.. but I do think they were right not to undermine their own laws just because of outside pressure

I dont agree with spending millions of taxpayers money every year keeping serious criminal in glorified hotels, then releasing them to go straight back to being criminals.

Sheeps wrote: »
    You'd be very naive to think that the number of sales of news papers has some correlation with the quality of the journalism of that newspaper.

And you would have to be very naive to think that ones view of quality is not subjective

And you would have to be very naive to think that ones view of quality is not subjective
    Well, if your idea of quality is sensational bullshit, then I guess it's each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭Ridley

• Advertisement

Sheeps wrote: »
    Well, if your idea of quality is sensational bullshit, then I guess it's each to their own.

May I ask what you would call quality?

Not all their articles are sensationalist. I find some very good articles
    too, very informative, diverse and in-depth

Advertisement