Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drug smuggler Akmal Shaikh executed

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭wild_cat

indough wrote: »
    yeah lets legalise heroin that will really improve matters

You'd be suprised.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/30/heroin-legalization-progr_n_147245.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

poisonated wrote: »
    Drug smuggler executed[/url]
    Where's the problem in that? Kill all the fúcking scumbag cúnts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

Ageispolis wrote: »

That's my new party piece, cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

Heckler wrote: »
    Smuggle heroin into a country notorious for harsh dealings with such crimes. Get caught. Executed. Tough ****. No sympathy. Harsh but true. Maybe if our pansy assed judical system had a similar approach so many innocent people wouldn't get shafted everyday of the year. (By which i mean families of murder victims seeing the accused get a suspended sentence despite 50 previous convictions for example) **** him i say. Maybe he had mental problems, maybe he didn't. I don't care. i'm sick to **** of people getting lenient sentences because of bull**** mitigating circumstances. "oh I'm a reformed drug user from a broken home" **** right off.

Jahsus, you really do live up to your name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

digme wrote: »
    YES. if yuou knew the history of china and the uk you wouldn't of asked that question...
    go google it.
    tough **** is what i say.,
    the uk and a jewish family flooded china with the stuff

Perfectly undertsandable at the time proceding of the Opium wars, the same situation doesn't exist anymore.

• Advertisement

Nobody should be killed with a death penalty.
    Not much of a death penalty if nobody dies Ted...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

Seaneh wrote: »
    Sometimes people just deserve to die.

word

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

slipss wrote: »
    Kill all drug smugglers? So presumably kill all murderers aswell? Rapists? Burglers? Where would you draw the line out of interest?

The line should be drawn thus: If you deal in drugs, you DO deserve to die. If you smuggle drugs, you DO deserve to die. If you are a peadofile, you DO deserve to die. If you use drugs, you deserve LIFE in prison. If you are a sex offender of adults, you deserve LIFE in prison. If you are a murderer, you deserve LIFE in prison. If you have three convictions, you deserve LIFE in prison.

For anything else, it would depend. Stealing, drink-driving, fighting, fraud etc. all deserve a conviction. First one, 1 year in prison. Second, 3 years. Third, 5 years. Fourth, the rest of your natural life. Saying that, you could do something that would warrant a 20 year spell behind bars on your first conviction. I would add a few new crimes too, such as ripping off a country. Mental assesments AND IQ tests would be mandatory for everybody every year, just like an NCT. That would sort that arguement out.

I do feel sorry for the fella though. The chinese are not known for their fairness. I believe he was away with the fairies.

• Advertisement

If you use drugs, you deserve LIFE in prison.

sorry but thats just ever so slightly stupid

sorry but thats just ever so slightly stupid

Why? You're not advocating the use of drugs, or the promotion of a drug culture now are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

word

Have you got YouTube open in another window with Vanilla Ice playing? :D

The line should be drawn thus:(1) If you deal in drugs, you DO deserve to die. If you smuggle drugs, you DO deserve to die. If you are a peadofile, you DO deserve to die. (2)If you use drugs, you deserve LIFE in prison. If you are a sex offender of adults, you deserve LIFE in prison. If you are a murderer, you deserve LIFE in prison. (3)If you have three convictions, you deserve LIFE in prison.

For anything else, it would depend. Stealing, drink-driving, fighting, fraud etc. all deserve a conviction. First one, 1 year in prison. Second, 3 years.(4) Third, 5 years. Fourth, the rest of your natural life. Saying that, you could do something that would warrant a 20 year spell behind bars on your first conviction. I would add a few new crimes too, such as ripping off a country. (5)Mental assesments AND IQ tests would be mandatory for everybody every year, just like an NCT. That would sort that arguement out.

I do feel sorry for the fella though. The chinese are not known for their fairness. I believe he was away with the fairies.

I wish I could work the multi quote thing but I haven't figured it out yet, alas:

1. So someone selling a gram of cannabis to a friend deserves the death penalty?
    2. Someone taking a drag off a joint at the age of 18 should rot in jail till they die?
    3. Someone punches someone on thier 18th birthday. Then gets angry and throws a stone at a car that nearly ran them over when they are 21. Then steals a bottle of water from a shop on a dare when they are drunk one night when they are 23. So that's it, their life is over, bang them up, throw away the key?
    4. Thought it was 3 and then life? Or was your high horse of righteuos indignation going so fast that you forgot what you typed a moment before?
    5.Ehhhh........wait, so the cops knew internal affairs were setting them up!????!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

It seems clear that this man was mentally ill, and was not in a position to defend himself at trial (I'm assuming here that he had a fair trial). Even lowlife fantasists deserve protection.

It seems clear that this man was mentally ill, Even lowlife fantasists deserve protection.

Hey easy man, I disagree with me_right_one aswell but there's no need to be so harsh about him.

I wish I could work the multi quote thing but I haven't figured it out yet, alas:

1. So someone selling a gram of cannabis to a friend deserves the death penalty?
    2. Someone taking a drag off a joint at the age of 18 should rot in jail till they die?
    3. Someone punches someone on thier 18th birthday. Then gets angry and throws a stone at a car that nearly ran them over when they are 21. Then steals a bottle of water from a shop on a dare when they are drunk one night when they are 23. So that's it, their life is over, bang them up, throw away the key?

Yep.

4. Thought it was 3 and then life? Or was your high horse of righteuos indignation going so fast that you forgot what you typed a moment before?
    5.Ehhhh........wait, so the cops knew internal affairs were setting them up!????!

You're not making sense there at all.

You're not making sense there at all.

It's pretty straight forward, maybe you need to hit the leaba.

You know, the teachings of Jesus Christ?

Drug sumgglers adversly affect the lives of hundreds if not thousands of people directly and inderictly.

by sumggling the 4kg of smack he was helping to fund human trafficing, child prostution, murder, ileagle firearms dealing, money laundering and countless other crimes you personally would consider detestful.

So sit there with your head in the sand and say he doesnt deserve to die, I'll look at the reality of it.

Yep.

Well you're entitled to your opinion. It's incredibly stupid, which seems to be a theme with all your posts tonight. But I suspect there is a very obvious explanation for that.

• Advertisement

You're missing what I was saying again man. You are entitled to believe he deserved to die. I just can't comprehend how murder can be correlated with the teachings of Jesus. I'm fairly certain he was dead against that kind of thing.

I've answered this already...

I'm going to sleep now. gonna hit this defrag button before i do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Lets stay on-topic.

Meh, did scew off topic a bit there, was just going round in circles anyways. Some peopled can't be reasoned with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

If he was mentally ill, I dont know to what extent he was, but if he was there was obviously some other brains behind the operation and it wouldnt be fair in that case if he was executed.
    Wasnt there a kid in thailand who was 18 but had the mental age of a 10 year old or something and he got caught with 100 E tabs and got 99 years in jail. The laws in these countries are mad.

It seems clear that this man was mentally ill. Even lowlife fantasists deserve protection.
    Hey easy man, I disagree with me_right_one aswell but there's no need to be so harsh about him.

Well you're entitled to your opinion. It's incredibly stupid, which seems to be a theme with all your posts tonight. But I suspect there is a very obvious explanation for that.

You are entitled to disagree, but please do not insult. I find your remarks offensive.

You are entitled to disagree, but please do not insult. I find your remarks offensive.

Fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭neo2010

Utterly disgraceful that no mental examination was performed, just executed like an animal. Total overhaul of their legal system is needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

I find your remarks offensive.

I doubt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Elliemental

This is a truly pitiful case. Even in medieval England, it was illegal to execute those who were mentally ill! And if the Guardian website is to be believed, this man was given a thirty-minute trial before being condemned to death.
    However, apparently this man`s trial was in 2007. How come we`re only hearing about it now? I wouldn`t be surprised if the British Government simply didn`t want to rock the boat before the Beijing Olympics!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Yep.
    That has got to be to most absurd mentality I have ever heard. There would be more people in prison than on the outside! So much taxes would be spent on running the prisons the outside world would be poverty stricken and forced to turn to crime and the vicious circle would continue!:pac:

Advertisement