Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limp Bizkit

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Have it playing now, its brilliant, but I would say that cause i Love them.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

They announced at Sonisphere that they are playing the O2 in London in Dec i think. Rumours saying Wu Tang Clan are joining them
    America’s best known rap-metal outfit Limp Bizkit will have sparked rumours that they will be flying to the UK for a tour this winter, after revealing on stage at Sonisphere that they would be playing London’s 02 Arena this December.

And with a new Wu Tang album out later this month and speculation flying around forums all over the net, could Bizkit’s Fred Durst be sharing the stages with the infamous Clan?

Limp Bizkit put on a crowd-pleasing performance at Sonisphere this weekend, opting to play a show where fans picked what song would be played next – resulting in the band playing only one song (‘Douchebag’) from their recently released LP ‘Gold Cobra’. Closing the show with UK #1 hit ‘Rolling’, the band then revealed their plans to return to the UK, with Durst telling the crowd “We're going to be coming back in December to the O2, see you then.”

With a Limp Bizkit tour nicely placed in the pipeline, then, is the space open for hip-hop giants Wu Tang Clan to jump on the bill? The New York team of rapping experts have their sixth studio album ‘Legendary Weapons’ out on the 26th July, and recently played a few shows in the UK to great response. And after a post on Durst’s Twitter page last year saying “Studio yesterday w @Raekownicewater ! Do I smell Limp Bizkit and Wu Tang Clan tour?? Bring it!”, fans have been dying for a tour combining the two rap artists ever since.

Nothing has been confirmed so far (apart from a December gig at the 02), but will hopefully be announced in the following week. Keep up-to-date on Limp Bizkit or Wu Tang Clan news on Stereoboard.com

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

FWIW, I thought the show at Sonisphere was awful. Way too much time faffing about between songs with the whole "What song do you want us to play? We're gonna play this one instead". The band were tight though

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

Unbelievably good album. I've been listening to this non-stop for the last week and a half. D*****bag is an instant classic.
    "D*****bag, I'm a f*** you up, f*** you, f*** you , f*** you up!"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

^Inspired

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I thought Mr. Fantano's review of the album summed it up quite nicely for me. Actually, I think the album art spoke volumes for itself.

(hatersgonnahate)

Nailz wrote: »
    ^Inspired

I believe Durst was paraphrasing Wordsworth in that particular song,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Gintonious wrote: »
    Have it playing now, its brilliant, but I would say that cause i Love them.
    Roflcopper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭InigoMontoya

You ain't hard
    You think you is
    You just mad because I speak like this.

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

LB and Wu-tang would be an experience. hopefully they stop over here too. I'd prefer a smaller venue to the O2 though, The O2 is a terrible venue IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

Cydoniac wrote: »
    I thought Mr. Fantano's review of the album summed it up quite nicely for me. Actually, I think the album art spoke volumes for itself.

(hatersgonnahate)

What a complete ****tard!!!

Zombienosh wrote: »
    LB and Wu-tang would be an experience. hopefully they stop over here too. I'd prefer a smaller venue to the O2 though, The O2 is a terrible venue IMO.

Thank you! I said this in the Rammestein thread which contained nothing but O2 apologists apparently. Hopefully they play the Olympia or thr Academy.

Thank you! I said this in the Rammestein thread which contained nothing but O2 apologists apparently. Hopefully they play the Olympia or thr Academy.

yeah man its just too distant or something, cant really get into it, and the O2 try to sell over priced crap at every turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

They put on a solid set at Sonisphere, can't complain, although I'm not sure if I'd go to see them again

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

That they did alright! Seen them at sonisphere and DL now and they were really good all 3 times :)

America’s best known rap-metal outfit Limp Bizkit have confirmed a show at Manchester's O2 Apollo for Wednesday 14th December. More dates are expected to be announced very soon so check back to Stereoboard for updates!

Limp Bizkit put on a crowd-pleasing performance at Sonisphere last month, opting to play a show where fans picked what song would be played next – resulting in the band playing only one song (‘Douchebag’) from their recently released LP ‘Gold Cobra’.

Closing the show with UK #1 hit ‘Rolling’, the band then revealed their plans to return to the UK, with Durst telling the crowd “We're going to be coming back in December to the O2, see you then.” True to their word, they have announced the Manchester show, with more dates, including a show in the Capital, expected to be confirmed soon.

Limp Bizkit UK Tour Dates are as follows (more dates to be confirmed soon)

December 2011

Dec 14th – O2 Apollo, Manchester

Limp Bizkit Tickets are onsale from 9am on Friday 19th August.

America’s best known rap-metal outfit Limp Bizkit have confirmed a show at Manchester's O2 Apollo for Wednesday 14th December. More dates are expected to be announced very soon so check back to Stereoboard for updates!

Limp Bizkit put on a crowd-pleasing performance at Sonisphere last month, opting to play a show where fans picked what song would be played next – resulting in the band playing only one song (‘Douchebag’) from their recently released LP ‘Gold Cobra’.

Closing the show with UK #1 hit ‘Rolling’, the band then revealed their plans to return to the UK, with Durst telling the crowd “We're going to be coming back in December to the O2, see you then.” True to their word, they have announced the Manchester show, with more dates, including a show in the Capital, expected to be confirmed soon.

Limp Bizkit UK Tour Dates are as follows (more dates to be confirmed soon)

December 2011

Dec 14th – O2 Apollo, Manchester

Limp Bizkit Tickets are onsale from 9am on Friday 19th August.

I'd like to see a dublin show. if not ill head over to this.

Yea im hoping for an Irish date , presume Olympia again if they dropped over

• Registered Users Posts: 11,920 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Yea im hoping for an Irish date , presume Olympia again if they dropped over

Would be there in a flash, although i doubt they'd be able to top the last Olympia gig

scudzilla wrote: »
    Would be there in a flash, although i doubt they'd be able to top the last Olympia gig

Agreed. Would love if they brought over something like the Family Values/Taste Of Chaos kinda tour over here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

can't stand fred durst TBH! but Staind were one of my favourite bands as a teenager. Break the cycle is such a powerful album. I think Durst had a lot to do with them, they were originally support for limp bizkit on tours and he ended up managing or producer or something. He performed Outside with them on an acoustic version of the song and it just blew me away first time I heard it

Limp Bizkit have revealed that their new studio album will be titled 'Stampede Of The Disco Elephants'.

The nu-metallers, who were recently signed by Lil Wayne's Cash Money label after they parted company with Interscope Records, have said they are currently working on two projects, the follow-up to their 2005 EP 'The Unquestionable Truth Part 1' and a brand new studio album.

Speaking to Kerrang!, frontman Fred Durst said of their new record: "Stampede has got to have something sizzling about it that's more universally accepted. Some of the songs have an urban feel. We're writing all different sorts of tracks and it seems like the songs going into that basket are ones that girls can like as much as guys who like rock."

The singer, who did not comment on recent reports that he had asked drummer John Otto and DJ Lethal to leave the band, said that there had been interest from a number of record labels in signing the band, but that they all "had the wrong mentality."

Speaking about this, he added: "It was probably a year and a half ago that we knew that we needed to get off this particular ship [then-label Interscope], which seemed to be lost. There were some really cool people coming to the plate who were really excited about the brand Limp Bizkit, which seemed the wrong mentality. And when I met Cash Money guys, there was a different dialogue there."

Durst also spoke about the way the EP was sounding and described it as "some crazy Limp Bizkit ****." He added: "This is some crazy Limp Bizkit ****. We're working on a follow-up EP to 'The Unquestionable Truth Part 1', alongside the album. It's like the leash has been taken off us and we've been given full rein to do as we please."

Limp Bizkit will return to the UK later this month, headlining a one-off date at London's O2 Academy Brixton on May 29.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I actually don't think that Limp Bizkit's version of Behind Blue Eyes is that offensive. In fact, I quite enjoy it, especially the L.I.M.P. Discover bit. I might listen on youtube.

I kinda liked their version of Sanitarium too from that MTV Metallica Icon show.

Said it now, can't take it back.. it's out there... :o

Advertisement