Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limp Bizkit

Options
  • 29-12-2009 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Alright, there was a thread and it was locked because of waffle.

So anyways,

Just seeing whos a fan here?
    Finally, on November 30, Durst revealed in a Kerrang article, and later via Twitter, that the new album would be called Gold Cobra and would be released early in 2010 via Polydor/Interscope.[30] Fred also confirmed rumors via Twitter and said that the first single from "Gold Cobra" will be released January 2010. [31]
    Wiki

and
    [W]e have recorded what we feel is our most addictive album yet- instrumentally. I am in process of doing vocals now in my home studio. So far I am 4 songs deep and moving along with confidence and grace. We haven't committed to an album title yet, but we know of one we like. Release date will be a soon as I am finished. A single and video will be our way before that. We want to get to South America, etc ASAP and hit the US and Canada with the big finale. We will go worldwide with this tour and have been asked to headline most of 2010 festivals. Merch store is launching very soon w. new website - limpbizkit.com - the LBF Army is all we need - YOU - to spread the word. It is time. Bring it!! More news soon
    Fred

I can't wait to hear this, it has to be better than the truth record, that was pants.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭ADTR

I'll definitely give it a listen when it comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'll definitely give it a listen. Limp Bizkit's live shows are mental. I saw them at Rock Am Ring this year and the place was crazy.

I fcuking hate their lyrics and some of their music but there's something about them that allures me to them. Don't know what it is really. Like a virus you just can't seem to shake off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Wes is a god. Sam and john are a great rhythm section, Fred im not too mad on but ill defiantly be checking this album out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Nice one. Cant wait to hear this.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I have been a fan of them for nearly 10 years and finally got to see them at Rock Im Park this year and they were class hopefully they will stop over in Ireland sometime during the tour

• Advertisement

Can't say this particularly excites me...anywho heres the first preview from the album,a surprisingly short clip of Fred acting like a tit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

That clip is a real turn off alright but you gotta admit they can write some catchy music if they want to, I'll be checking this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

fred posted his gamertag on twitter yesterday, so while you're whipping his ass at MW2 you can ask him how the album is going!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Just watched that video......... Sounds kinda sh*t tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

its a rough clip, but i think its gona sound great finished, it sounds like the album will be along the lines of starfish and thankfully not the truth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

O no, i really shouldnt have watched that video...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Three Dollar Bill was a good album.
    Significant Other was an ok album.

Anything else after was muck and Durst needs a kicking for writing a song about Britney Spears.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

hhahahahaahahahahahaha! Limp Bizkit! hahahahahahahaha

:pac:

Yes, Limp Bizkit!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Limp Bizkit I'm afraid to admit I actually like them. While I know they're so far up their own asses and are remnants of the fad that was nu-metal, I still gotta hand it to them, they can pull out decent tunes when they want to. I had their "Greatest hitz" album, listened to it for days. Great stuff. Looking forward to this album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

Starfish was good. People just hate them because people are sheepy scum. People loved them eight years ago for the exact same reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

They rocked my world last summer. A real good trip on the nostalgic train.

As we head towards the end of February 2011 the realities of having a completed album to expose are finally here. Through thick and thin, the Gold Cobra has slivered its way through the corporate jungle and into the studio to be mixed by Dave Schiffman. My intentions are to keep as much "polish" off of this album as possible. I have had many discussions with Dave as he's been on the cobra since the beginning and knows exactly the sound I am looking for regarding the mix. We are extremely excited to get this album into your eardrums. As some of you have noticed, we have and will take as much time as we need before putting this album out regardless of any pressure or impatience that is thrown our way. So, waste your breath if you like. Its your prerogative. --fd

Albums coming soon so...

Also a collection of b-sides album was released on the net called "Smelly Beaver"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I'd go and see them if they were performing at a festival I was at, but I don't think I would ever go out of my way to see them

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I'd go and see them if they were performing at a festival I was at, but I don't think I would ever go out of my way to see them

They are a great live band. Seen them 3 times including the Olympia gig and it was unreal prob the loudest 1400ish people i have ever heard and the band were on top form and will keep going to see them :)

Cant wait for the new record

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

All I will say is thank **** Wes is playing with them, I probably wouldn't have even went to see the if he hadn't have been with them, Wes is the main musical force and he'll probably make this new album a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Nailz wrote: »
    All I will say is thank **** Wes is playing with them, I probably wouldn't have even went to see the if he hadn't have been with them, Wes is the main musical force and he'll probably make this new album a good one.

Not to offend you, but wasn't that the excuse so many people used in order to justify a love of Limp Bizkit? As good a guitarist as he is he can't possibly be greater then the sum of the parts - if you like Limp Bizkit, it's everyone and not just Wes, otherwise he'd be one of his solo projects

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

never cared for them and seen them at a festival in germany when they were "big" went out and bought that chocolate starfish album thought it was pretty good and funnily enough only listened to it last week for the first time in bout 6 years

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Not to offend you, but wasn't that the excuse so many people used in order to justify a love of Limp Bizkit? As good a guitarist as he is he can't possibly be greater then the sum of the parts - if you like Limp Bizkit, it's everyone and not just Wes, otherwise he'd be one of his solo projects
    I don't think Nailz said Wes is greater than the band, more like it is his contribution to the band that piqued his interest and kept it there which I reckon is fair enough. I for one was bitterly disappointed by Results May Vary which was, in comparison to Chocolate Starfish and Significant Other, basically crap. Borland's departure and subsequent lack of input must have had something to do with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Results may vary is class, its just a different buzz to Choccy Starfish. Its was around the time Fred had his romance with Britney :pac:

Not offended at all my man, it was an awfully lazy post on my part due to being hungover. I would of elaborated further if that wasn't the case. As regards the rest of the band John Otto is quite a good drummer, adds a nice beat to everything which is in sync with the style of the music. As a bassist myself I do like Sam Rivers, and his basses are nice. DJ Lethal contributes a 'nu' flare to the music in my opinion, his balance with the rest of the music is perfect, unlike House of Pain he's primarily a backing to most of the sound, his looping works is cool. Fred Durst is a bit of a bell end, most of his lyrics suck, but it works with the idiom of Mainstream Metal way back when.

But I reiterate Wes Borland is the reason why I, and many of my friends, like Limp Bizkit, it's all about the riffs, they're awesome, and his melodic licks are so smooth, adds the elements of aggressiveness and bizarre atmosphere to the overall sound, and I believe Limp Bizkit wouldn't be were they are without him. The band is a collective, I totally agree, but Wes is one member they can't do without - same with every other member. And as far as using that as an "excuse" to like Limp Bizkit, I don't care what everyone else does, I'm me, not some tosser trying to make up a fall for liking an 'unhip' band in Metal.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Results may vary is class
    How? What redeeming qualities does it have in your eyes.
    Seriously, there is one song on there that I like (don't have the tracklisting right now and I've forgotten the name of it) and then there's that dodgy cover of Behind Blue Eyes. The rest of the album is very dull.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Results May Vary is a big pile of stinking dog crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Malice wrote: »
    How? What redeeming qualities does it have in your eyes.
    Seriously, there is one song on there that I like (don't have the tracklisting right now and I've forgotten the name of it) and then there's that dodgy cover of Behind Blue Eyes. The rest of the album is very dull.

It's just a class album, I wouldnt be put off it just because Wes isnt on it. Great ballady type songs on it, Let Me Down is class. Almost Over too is brilliant. Build A Bridge is great too.

If its just a case of "Oh Wes isnt on it!", I'd seriously give it another listen with an open mind, its great. The making of it is a great watch on youtube if you like limp bizkit and get their craic. If it's automatically going to be dismissed then I dunno

• Advertisement

Nonsense, I hate this assumption that the only reason why other Limp Bitkit fans don't like it is because Wes isn't on it, it's crap because it's crap not because we reckon we it should be crap because the most liked member of the band left (which, still, might have something to do with how bad it is). I listened to the album many times, giving it a chance, and to say I did it without an open mind is quite insulting to me and a lot of other people. Some of the songs are purely cringeworthy, some of them are plain bad, and boy, do the ballads suck.

Advertisement