Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limp Bizkit

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Gerard.C wrote:
    Results may vary is class
    Gerard.C wrote: »
    It's just a class album, I wouldnt be put off it just because Wes isnt on it. Great ballady type songs on it, Let Me Down is class. Almost Over too is brilliant. Build A Bridge is great too.
    You're not going very far towards convincing me if the best you can come up with is describing the songs as "class", "briliant" or "great".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I don't think RMV deserves the slating its getting here, I think it's a good album, probly LB's poorest effort but in general not a bad album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Malice wrote: »
    You're not going very far towards convincing me if the best you can come up with is describing the songs as "class", "briliant" or "great".

How about listening to it and making up your own mind? Sorry if I didnt use metal enough words to describe it for you.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Zombienosh wrote: »
    I don't think RMV deserves the slating its getting here, I think it's a good album, probly LB's poorest effort but in general not a bad album.

+1

How about listening to it and making up your own mind? Sorry if I didnt use metal enough words to describe it for you.
    How about you explain properly to me and the rest of the readers of this thread why you like it? Use the extensive vocabulary that's hopefully at your disposal. Surely you're capable of putting a few sentences together without defaulting to overused adjectives like "class".

As for not using metal-enough words, what does that mean? Do you think I'm expecting you to drop words like "steel" or "iron" into your sentences?

Edit: And most of the above applies to Furious-Red and Zombienosh as well. This is a discussion forum, let's try and have some discussion on the album.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jem_

Jem (and anyone else) just in case you don't know, whenever you submit a post, it's that version of the post that gets sent out in the e-mail update. You can update your post afterwards but what you originally wrote will still be on record :).
    Jem_ wrote:
    Well I don't think that someone must explain to you why he likes Limp Bizkit or doesn't like Rammstein :rolleyes:
    That's fair enough and you have a point. No one has to do anything I say unless I'm really cranky and I start threatening to break out my special edition moderator banhammer but this is a very well-behaved forum so there's usually no need ;). Most of what I post on this forum is done as a regular user. Anyway, my point from the previous post still remains valid.

I realise I have a different viewpoint to the album Results May Vary to a bunch of other posters on this thread. That's fine, everyone's entitled to their own opinion but I'm genuinely curious as to what has them convinced that it's any good. Pretty much every review I've ever read on it and any one I've ever discussed it with has had an opinion quite similar to my own. That's not me slating Limp Bizkit in case folks get the wrong idea. I loved their first 3 albums and am still quite interested in what they get up to.

How about you explain properly to me and the rest of the readers of this thread why you like it? Use the extensive vocabulary that's hopefully at your disposal. Surely you're capable of putting a few sentences together without defaulting to overused adjectives like "class".

As for not using metal-enough words, what does that mean? Do you think I'm expecting you to drop words like "steel" or "iron" into your sentences?

Edit: And most of the above applies to Furious-Red and Zombienosh as well. This is a discussion forum, let's try and have some discussion on the album.

I think its good. I'm not Dave Fanning.

Very unwelcoming attitude.

Very unwelcoming attitude.
    You've been a registered Boards.ie user since October 2006 and you've got nearly 3,000 posts to your credit. It's not like you're a February 2011 newbie so why do you think I need to have a welcoming attitude towards you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Jem_ wrote: »

If you imagine the song is addressed to a prize winning horse it actually makes a lot more sense....no, seriously....

This is a great song though, and I'm not their biggest fan, in fact I wouldn't consider myself loyal enough to be a fan - although any band who release a t shirt saying "Limp Bizkit ****ing Suck" (especially named band) deserve a hand for knowing their market

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

I really like Limp Bizkit. They have a knack for "kick backs" (that is the only way I can describe it) in their songs. Generally speaking its quite formulaic in its approach, ie. Verse - chorus - verse - chorus - quiet build - kickback - chorus.

Alot of their songs seem to follow that approach, and it works. See take a look around or break stuff for what I mean. Have some great riffs and great energy to their music.

You've been a registered Boards.ie user since October 2006 and you've got nearly 3,000 posts to your credit. It's not like you're a February 2011 newbie so why do you think I need to have a welcoming attitude towards you?

Manners?

Anyway Limp Bizkit are savage

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Do you think I'm expecting you to drop words like "steel" or "iron" into your sentences?

You could say, for me, that Limp Bizkit's last album was a "steel" and that the disc was as shiny as "aluminium" while the sound was as solid was "iron"

This is really hard...

Manners?
    Are you that thin-skinned that you think I'm somehow ill-mannered because I tried to encourage you to engage in some useful discussion?

Are you that thin-skinned that you think I'm somehow ill-mannered because I tried to encourage you to engage in some useful discussion?

I cant see how the thickness of my skin relates to this thread to be honest with you.

I guess we've learned that the results of this album may vary anyway. Bravo Fred.

I cant see how the thickness of my skin relates to this thread to be honest with you.
    It's related to the fact that you seemed to take offence at my attempt at getting you to expand on why you like the album. If you won't elaborate on it then so be it. I can't force you.
    Gerard.C wrote:
    I guess we've learned that the results of this album may vary anyway.
    Well put :).

Limp Bizkit doesn't work without Wes, Wes doesn't work without Limp Bizkit. Thats what RMV proved.
    Malice seems a bit narky as of late, I suggest he listens to more LB to cheer himself up.

Zombienosh wrote: »
    Malice seems a bit narky as of late, I suggest he listens to more LB to cheer himself up.
    I'm not any more narky than usual I'm just not hiding it as well ;).

Release date for GC apparently June 7th

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭oneillMan999

Shudnt Limp Biscuit threads be in the rap/hip hop or bad music categories?

• Advertisement

Anyone else who feels like posting crap like this will also be infracted:
    Shudnt Limp Biscuit threads be in the rap/hip hop or bad music categories?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

So, they're actually releasing two albums. Gold Cobra plus another one. Seemingly, their record label will only allow 8 songs on an album, 11 on a deluxe version

feylya wrote: »
    So, they're actually releasing two albums. Gold Cobra plus another one. Seemingly, their record label will only allow 8 songs on an album, 11 on a deluxe version
    That sounds like a cynical marketing ploy to extract as much money as possible from fans. 8 songs on an album? That might make sense if each song was over 8 minutes long but given that it's Limp Bizkit we're dealing with rather than Pink Ployd I doubt that's going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Looking forward to seeing how it goes down, hopefully there'll be plenty of heavy break riffs. And not overly filled with slow ballads like 'you know what'.

Off-Topic: Sorry Malice, but was a red not a bit harsh, a yellow surely?

Nailz wrote: »
    Off-Topic: Sorry Malice, but was a red not a bit harsh, a yellow surely?
    If you've got a problem with my moderating we can discuss it by PM. Let's keep this thread focused on Limp Bizkit.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

That sounds like a cynical marketing ploy to extract as much money as possible from fans. 8 songs on an album? That might make sense if each song was over 8 minutes long but given that it's Limp Bizkit we're dealing with rather than Pink Ployd I doubt that's going to happen.

Straight from the horses mouth: https://twitter.com/#!/freddurst/status/48806522242871296

And mentioned on Metal Hammer:
    http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/limp-bizkit-to-release-two-new-albums/

I wonder if it's similar to Metallica's Load/ReLoad. I know Load was over sized for the CD (hence the longer version of The Outlaw Torn) but did Limp Bizkit have enough "good" songs to release as 2 albums? Gold Cobra was supposed to be released last summer and then February this year so I can imagine they were getting grief from their record label.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Sounds like cynical marketing alright. I thought it was bad enough when 10 tracks became the standard, but 8 is really encouraging people to download it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Yeah, cynical marketing exactly, coming from someone who studies business it's quite shroud of the label to do so. I think both records will suffer because of it, shame. 8-track is a hateful move it's going to happen, an album of tracks averaging around 4 minutes each isn't an album, it's a slightly longer EP, that isn't worth €10+. It isn't like an 8-track Opeth album for ****s sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭oneillMan999

Anyone else who feels like posting crap like this will also be infracted:

I feel like a little boy who has to stand in the corner! :D

"silliness"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

D.Q wrote: »
    I really like Limp Bizkit. They have a knack for "kick backs" (that is the only way I can describe it) in their songs. Generally speaking its quite formulaic in its approach, ie. Verse - chorus - verse - chorus - quiet build - kickback - chorus.

Alot of their songs seem to follow that approach, and it works. See take a look around or break stuff for what I mean. Have some great riffs and great energy to their music.

Ahhhh the breakdown...?

Advertisement