Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hector & Tommy's Craic House

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭johnfunk

I sky+ it so that i could watch the steve coogan show on the bbc which clashed. It was awesome really funny, while tommy and hector are pretty much the opposite. What is it about RTE and its inability to produce comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Alwayson wrote: »
    So many questions ... was that accent game bordering on racist? how come the audience thinks this programe is funny and we don't? are they all on craic?

I managed to get free audience tickets as a result of a thread in the galway city board, and the reason we were clapping so much was pretty much cos there was an "applause man" up the front cueing is when to laugh etc :/ very staged....they edited it down from a 2 hour show to 1 hour..they cut the few funny bits that there actually was!!

I thought twas painful to watch on tv..ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,965 ✭✭✭thesandeman

johnfunk wrote: »
    I sky+ it so that i could watch the steve coogan show on the bbc which clashed. It was awesome really funny, while tommy and hector are pretty much the opposite. What is it about RTE and its inability to produce comedy.

It actually looked like an episode of Alan Partridge. Total balls up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭howiya

Said i'd wait till it was over, see if it got better. It didn't

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

I enjoyed it! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Utter rubbish. Not in the least bit funny and most definitely not primetime viewing. Who actually cares about Hector and Tommy's "hilarious" school days..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

CRAP!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Was this meant to be something like a pilot for a series?

If it was, why on earth did RTE put it on a time that was totally inappropriate for the type of program that it is. Programs that are usually on around 9.30 -10.30 on a Sunday night are the Clinic, ER, Would you Believe?, and even the Week in Politics. My parents didn't know what to make of the program... there was so much going over their heads:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That kevin Myers interview was CHOPPED to nothing..........
    I got that impression too. It was a 15 minute chat really badly edited to 5 minutes, and 4 of those minutes were Tommy Tiernan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭suraheg

Was there too, got free tickets so decided to go.. thought it might be a laugh! usually like tommys stuff.. not usually a big fan of hector but he was great live.. didnt come across so well on tv. tommy on the other hand is the opposite.. not so great when ur there but on tv was kinda funny??

Guests were utter crap! they had them on for about 15 minutes, asked stupid questions.. to which they ALL gave really really boring answers and cut them down to 4 minutes each, which consisted mostly of tommy talking? Musical guests?!?! WTF??? If they want people to like this.. needs to be edited better, better guests and maybe scripted more??? Tommy needs to go away for a while and come up with more legends like Declan Moffett etc!

Went expecting big guests, lots of laughs but came away reallllyyyy disappointed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Maria Doyle kennedy.............WHO?

Not every show has to have the "latest" celebrities on it :p

Think people need reminding of what the show is called.

CRAIC House.

Chill out. :D It may not have been side splitting stuff but it got a few chuckles out of me so I'm happy.
    They aren't there for serious interviews.

Better than that Val...Fahey...thingy.

As for the music. I liked it. Something different for a change than the latest pop star.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,079 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Nice to know that RTE and the quality of Colm and JimJim is still being maintained since I left the country!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Hector is a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

dlofnep wrote: »
    Hector is a legend.
    In Navan, maybe. Meath at a push.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭suraheg

NOT in navan!! Tommys the ledge in navan! galway can have hector!

Some guest think that GAA player... piped in saying Hector had done alot for the Irish language. Then Tommy gets a dig in "not as much as Des Bishop".
    :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Who was yer tall blonde one spinning on that wheel?....wannabe model?

Who was yer tall blonde one spinning on that wheel?....wannabe model?

She was a social worker/part-time student. Audience member.
    She definitely was flirting with Hector!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭subtle_as

i thought the Hardy Bucks were meant to be on it. Heard Eddie on Ruth Scott on Stephans Day saying they were going to be on. What happened to them? The show was funny in parts. The bit around the fire in the field got a few chuckles. it was really badly edited tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Car crash tv! They are painful now - imagine how bad they were for 5 years in school - aghhhhhh.

It reminded me of topgear where hoards of nerds stand around drooling at every word their heroes speak - sad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

And now a band with recycled beats and melodies. Because that's what all the cool kids listen to. :rolleyes:

Are you joking? They give a prime time national television slot to an irish band on an independent small irish label and you have a problem with it?

people like you are the reason RTE have no idea what people want to watch..

Also give examples of where you have heard the beats/melodies before. Just out of curiousity.

SarahSassy wrote: »
    Car crash tv! They are painful now - imagine how bad they were for 5 years in school - aghhhhhh.

It reminded me of topgear where hoards of nerds stand around drooling at every word their heroes speak - sad

Ahh they would have been mighty craic in school! :D

Woooah there cowboy. I won't even start on the TopGear comment!

I'll be watching the Craic House again if I get a chance too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

have to say that was the biggest pile of crap ever....
    from the bad editing to the strange choice of guests, to not even letting the guests talk...
    worse thing since that Maeve Higgins show....
    license fee for that tripe!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

subtle_as wrote: »
    i thought the Hardy Bucks were meant to be on it. Heard Eddie on Ruth Scott on Stephans Day saying they were going to be on. What happened to them? The show was funny in parts. The bit around the fire in the field got a few chuckles. it was really badly edited tho.

Editing was awful. The Kevin Myers interview was cut to shreds. And badly cut to shreds at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Bar a few support posts here of tnew show, it seems the general view is that this show was another poor attempt by RTE, as bad a Val Falvey, and thats REAL BAD!

Personally, I thought it childish,ladish,very very poor edited and not funny at all really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Black Magic

I think this show is repeated on New Years Day.

Bar a few support posts here of tnew show, it seems the general view is that this show was another poor attempt by RTE, as bad a Val Falvey, and thats REAL BAD!

Personally, I thought it childish,ladish,very very poor edited and not funny at all really.

Oh don't get me wrong. I did think the whole show seemed very, very rushed.
    I did think it was odd the interviews were seriously short but I thought that's just the way they were doing things.

Still got a few chuckles from me and I did like the music.
    Was this the first ever episode of it?
    Maybe future episodes might improve...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Black Magic

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Oh don't get me wrong. I did think the whole show seemed very, very rushed.
    I did think it was odd the interviews were seriously short but I thought that's just the way they were doing things.

Still got a few chuckles from me and I did like the music.
    Was this the first ever episode of it?
    Maybe future episodes might improve...

I hope they don't improve...because there shouldn't be any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

I'd say twas just a one off christmas special thing, but yea, even the cameras were all over the place, it felt like I was watching Cloverfield or something with the shaky cameras! Really disappointed the cut out the hardy bucks stuff as I couldn't even hear the vids properly on the night!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

SarahSassy wrote: »

Don't watch it then.

Advertisement