Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst county in Ireland ??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Limerick

/thread - because it doesn't even need an explanation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

I've travelled the country working and been pretty much everywhere and I can say that the worst county is probably Dublin.

The sad thing is..

I live there....

What a s**thole....

P.S. It's full of scangers...

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭cul-2008

RonMexico wrote: »
    Limerick

:rolleyes: at least give an un-media related explanation FFS.

I'm going with Leitrim - simply because;

1.) I drove there last week and the roads are so bad that they cracked my windscreen!

2.) trying to actually find the county without GPS is near-on impossible. Stopping at shops and having people laugh at you when you ask to be sent in the direction of Leitrim gets old after a while... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,022 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Is this one of those circle of life threads.... Dies and comes back again in a month ....
    I hate these threads.. We should employ some creative writers to make good threads for a change.
    My vote for the 12th time this year is Leitrim.

At least you're consistent, a bit like these threads in fact.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Any one of those 6 odd-ball counties, you know the ones;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

RonMexico wrote: »
    Limerick

Limerick can never be the worst as long as Kipperary is beside it. :D

Dishonourable mentions for Kilkenny, Laois, Wexford, Offaly, and Caven for being ****eholes as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Senna wrote: »
    Any one of those 6 odd-ball counties, you know the ones;).

Yeah, feckin' Munster.

HEY HEY HEY!:mad:
    There's an awful lot of Laois-bashing going on here.
    We're a savage county with the best Gah chant ever "Laois Laois Laois Laois Laois Laois Laois.. WHEYYY!"
    brummytom wrote: »
    Laois, because it's very confusing to pronounce.

Leeesh is how to pronounce it.:)
    There's a strange little place here called Stradbally, which is pronounced "Straaaaably"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Dublin - the Unionists in the North have warned us for years about the Dublin Government. Did we listen no and look at the mess they have made of the country. Crippled with debt we are. Could we take the vote away from the Dubs or better still could the 25 other counties secede and form our own republic and leave them with all the debt.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Zatman

This country is a kip but it gets worse outside Dublin where people are just backwards.
    Capital all the way

• Advertisement

Zatman wrote: »
    This country is a kip but it gets worse outside Dublin where people are just backwards.
    Capital all the way

I PREFER NOT TO HAVE A LAND OF CAPITALS. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭baubl

Zatman wrote: »
    Capital all the way
    Jackeens, Jackeens,:D:D:eek:

To answer the question asked, Dublin is the worst because it's full of scummers.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭beauty101

kildare, cos its crap

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

beauty101 wrote: »
    kildare, cos its crap

take that back ya south dublin so and so ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Most counties in Ireland are fairly sh1t, except for Cork (beautiful scenery and a nice city but some awful rural parts too), Donegal (scenery), Kerry (scenery), Clare (scenery), Galway (scenery, nice city), Mayo (scenery), Sligo (scenery), Waterford (scenery), Wicklow (scenery), Dublin (great city/coastline), Kilkenny (well the town, which is very pretty, moreso than the rest of the county), Limerick - as Kilkenny (in relation to Adare, not Limerick city, which is only meh). No other county has anything going for it really.

The above is just an opinion.

Dudess wrote: »
    Most counties in Ireland are fairly sh1t.
    with the exception of Cork and Kerry

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

baubl wrote: »
    with the exception of Cork and Kerry

yeah they are totally shite

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

So how many times have i seen this question/thread in AH this year so far? too many to care by now...

Most counties in Ireland are fairly sh1t, except for Cork (beautiful scenery and a nice city but some awful rural parts too),

fact

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Shivers26

dannym08 wrote: »
    take that back ya south dublin so and so ya

I was just going to post this exact same comment. Well, except for the South Dublin bit.

My vote is for Monaghan because the biggest pr1ck I have ever met in my life was from there so unfortunately the whole county must suffer my wrath.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭ADTR

Kildare.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

baz2009 wrote: »
    HEY HEY HEY!:mad:
    There's an awful lot of Laois-bashing going on here.
    We're a savage county with the best Gah chant ever "Laois Laois Laois Laois Laois Laois Laois.. WHEYYY!"

Leeesh is how to pronounce it.:)
    There's a strange little place here called Stradbally, which is pronounced "Straaaaably"

I had forgotten that Laois is a county.

Doesn't say much about it tbh:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Tis Kerry

They get behind rapists down there or so I here:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

The good counties are the coast-these are the counties with the character/scenery/cities/nice people. I don't need to name them, you know them.

The ugly counties are in the mid-lands...such as Offaly (what's there?), Laois, a good chunk of Tipp( bar the Galtees/Golden Vale), Westmeath, Longford, Carlow, and Roscommon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

To be honest Ireland is just one giant **** hole, each county as equally ****e as the last. You can divide it as much as you want with imaginary lines it's still one big pile of ****.

Although the Burren is quite nice, the rest is ****.

Most counties in Ireland are fairly sh1t, except for Cork (beautiful scenery and a nice city but some awful rural parts too), Kerry (scenery), Clare (scenery), Galway (scenery, nice city), Mayo (scenery), Sligo (scenery), Waterford (scenery), Dublin (great city/coastline), Kilkenny (well the town, which is very pretty, moreso than the rest of the county), Limerick - as Kilkenny (in relation to Adare, not Limerick city, which is only meh). No other county has anything going for it really.

dannym08 wrote: »
    yeah they are totally shite

dont be jelous
    two best football teams
    best inhabitants

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

never yet met on kilkenny person who has not a asshole, .

I'm in one of those really silly moods where everything is hilariously funny, and my tummy hurts from laughing at the thought of hearing someone say that they have "never met on kilkenny person who has not a asshole"!!!

Ni naw ni naw [siren of the grammar police!]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

baubl wrote: »
    dont be jelous
    Read my post again. :)

• Advertisement

i have never yet met on kilkenny person who has not a asshole,

Neither have I, thats the thing about kilkenny people and they are so comfortable about it . They have inside toilets too I believe.

Advertisement