Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst county in Ireland ??

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

County fucking Down. shitehole.
    County Wicklow. Almost as many West-Brits as Dublin

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    Kilkenny is a horrible, horrible place.

Oh just get over it, will ye. I admit north Kilkenny is a bit bland but south Kilkenny is super.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭RepublicanEagle

I must admit that EVERY county is a sh**hole.Anywhere you go you see these stupid cu**s wearing hoodies on streetcorners,in pubs,nightclubs,shopping centres,school,college,work.It is impossible to escape them.

Don't get me started on the ponses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭YourSQL

Laois.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Dublin, 'nuff said.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Teddy Chips

Roscommon has no endearing qualities.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

Andrew33 wrote: »
    Has to be Leitrim, highest suicide rate in the country and its full of grungy new age english people who don't fit in their own country.

I have to say that is very very true and most people outside of the north west don't realise that. Leitrim has the highest proportion of hippies compared to any county in Ireland, I actually kind of like that but each to their own

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

kraggy wrote: »
    I still don't get what you mean by faux culture? The pubs? Their just good pubs. Nothing faux about them. Apart from the select few super bars on a certain street where the bints where dainty dresses and the lads all wear check shirts.

Galway is a great county, but I can't stand the tourist driven culture that prevails in the city and esp in the west of the county. Everything is aimed at exploiting and ripping off tourists, and as a result, its own people are ripped off. I worked in Clifton for a year and I hated every minute of it (the culture, not the place itself). It was like living on a different planet. Pubs with crap jig music blaring out the door to lure in the tourists; cute hoor locals who smile into the face of outsiders and rip them to bits and sneer behind their backs.

Not mind when the races start up in Summer. The whole city is held to ransom as big nobs and fat cats from all over the country take over the place. Bus services are stopped for the locals; hotels prices sky rocket; taxi prices sky rocket beyond belief. Exploitation big time!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭paraletic

every county is pretty sh!t, how can you pick?

if irish people weren't so nice:rolleyes:, then it would be a horrible country....
    .....oh :(

(lotto, lotto, lotto, lotto ........15million.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭notonlybutalso

cork by a mile. they are a very annoying bunch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭cock robin

Leitrim is clearly fictitious, like Tir Na Nog

Ah! lovely Leitrim the land that time forgot. I know its in the UK but I would vote for Armagh as the worst place in the world never mind Ireland. The people are just a bunch of cnuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

Galway,For lots of reasons...
    Longford = Nackerville....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

Kilkenny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

For me, it's a toss-up between Laois, Offaly and Westmeath. But only because I've never been to Longford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I worked in Clifton for a year and I hated every minute of it (the culture, not the place itself).

You ever see any sign posts for Clifden on your travels?

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Lanaier

It's a tie between Dublin and Cork for me.

West Cork IS beautiful though, and I don't really count it as part of Cork proper.
    Especially since there are hardly any people around - huge bonus for Cork.

Cork city? kip

Dublin? Full of scum.
    Too bad most of my friends live there and its the only place in the country with electricity or internet.

I lived in Cork for 6 years and Dublin for 7.

I'm kinda surprised at the hatred for Killkenny , think it's grand myself...bit far from the sea though - one of the main reasons to like Ireland.

Born in Limerick, didn't hang around too long so I can't say I'm fond of the place.

Kerry and Galway would be my personal favs.
    Might retire to one or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Lanaier

aDeener wrote: »
    because its not a county you towel

People actually use "towel" as an insult?

Haha classic! I'm definitely using that.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Communicationb

Basically all the Mudlands..sorry Midlands should be nuked and a large lake created.

ie. Tipp, Carlow, Laois, Offaly, Westmeath, Longford

What have those counties ever contributed to anything.....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Lanaier wrote: »
    People actually use "towel" as an insult?

Haha classic! I'm definitely using that.:pac:

Maybe it's "Tool" depending on regional accent? Very good though as Towel!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭davetherave

Nothing better to do so here be the results

Antrim 0
    Armagh 1
    Carlow 1
    Cavan 3
    Clare 1
    Cork 14
    Derry 0
    Donegal 2
    Down 2
    Dublin 29
    Fermanagh 1
    Galway 3
    Kerry 3
    Kildare 2
    Kilkenny 7
    Laois 7
    Leitrim 11
    Limerick 2
    Longford 11
    Louth 1
    Mayo 1
    Meath 2
    Monaghan 3
    Offaly 7
    Roscommon 7
    Sligo 2
    Tipperary 3
    Tyrone 1
    Waterford 2
    Westmeath 4
    Wexford 0
    Wicklow 0

I've ignored posts where people have voted for more than one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

County Fermanagh its landlocked so its just fields everywhere as far as the eye can see.. and plus theres nothing to do there.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Horse_box

Kilkenny was the probably the most unpleasant built up area I've been to

Cork, Dublin, Galway, Donegal and Kerry are all great places imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭An tSaoi

I'm not getting all the Leitrim hate. I've only been there a few times (briefly) but it seemed nice enough; the scenery is lovely, there's a pretty decent canal and I vaguely recall a lovely waterfall. Didn't get a chance to interact with the people. Maybe they're the weak link?

And Monaghan worse than Limerick?! Come off it - Monaghan may be boring but at least it's harmless.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Any county in the midlands, prob a close tie between laois and offaly if you tie it down. Nothing going for midlands...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

Tipp for me. full of winkers

Advertisement