Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst county in Ireland ??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

I'd actually throw Laois and Offaly in together because I've lived in both and they're nearly identical anyway (home address is currently Laois). They're awful counties, like something off of Deliverance or The hills have eyes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Dublin - when you lived in cities like London, Paris and New York. Dublin as a capital city is a joke, a kip and an embarrassment!

Yeah well Ireland was never a colonial superpower like those 3 was it? We're a little country, our capital isn't that bad. For similar sized countries with much less interesting capitals see New Zealand or Finland. Cleanliness and crime rates etc aren't everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Cleanliness and crime rates etc aren't everything.

:D LOL

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

CDfm wrote: »
    :D LOL

what?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Cork, I'm from there and even I wish I wasn't!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Pittens

Dublin is a fine city. What it has is closeness to sea,the northern hills of howth, the Dublin and Wicklow mountains. Left down by some of it's citizens and it's public transport system, and the cost. If that sorts itself out ( well the last two) I would live there again.

London, New York and Paris are for the rich. Paris is better than London, however, more walkable.

Anyway, yeah worst counties are probably inland and flat. Definitely no coastal county is bad because the coastal parts always have some good scenery and/or fishing villages, or sea side towns.

Inland, if you have a mountain or lake or lots of castles you are on to a winner, so Tipperary is - for instance - in good odour there.

I actually havent been to places like laois, or Offaly but that may be telling in itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

what?

clenliness and low crime rates being over rated :D

maybe i misread it -but it was funny

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Yeah well Ireland was never a colonial superpower like those 3 was it? We're a little country, our capital isn't that bad. For similar sized countries with much less interesting capitals see New Zealand or Finland. Cleanliness and crime rates etc aren't everything.

Since when did colonialism or Imperialism come into my original post, so I'll spell it out for you. When you compare the nightlife or entertainment options of Dublin against London, Paris or New York. You quickly realise that Dublin is a $hite hole! you can't even get a taxi home at night ffs. Does that make it clearer for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Richard Noggin

Comparing Dublin to other places in the world doesn't make it the worst county in Ireland. In my experience, Dublin actually has the most going for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Kilkenny is a horrible, horrible place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Tipp, Sh!thole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

any county where all they can talk about is Hurling

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭edgy

Waterford and it's terrible excuse of a city. Can't stand the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭flowersagogo

county kilburn...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

MJ23 wrote: »
    any county where all they can talk about is Hurling

welcome to laois

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭ronaldoshaky

the worst county has to be dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 passion fruit

What is the criteria for worst county in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

killkenny without doubt kilkenny:mad: i have never yet met on kilkenny person who has not a asshole, im sorry im just stated the facts.
    I met some kk on a ferry they were nice old kk fellas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Has to be Leitrim, highest suicide rate in the country and its full of grungy new age english people who don't fit in their own country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Kerry, more full of themselves than Cork and Dublin people combined! Nice county to look at but turn the volume off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

dublin from the heroin junkies to the D4 cokeheads. just a ****hole

Andrew33 wrote: »
    Has to be Leitrim, highest suicide rate in the country and its full of grungy new age english people who don't fit in their own country.
    leitrim ? that must be a new one...

leitrim ? that must be a new one...

????? explain comment?

????? explain comment?
    sorry! just googled it-you're right

sorry! just googled it-you're right
    I take it geography was/is not your strongest subject in school?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Clare

I take it geography was/is not your strongest subject in school?:D
    on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

Not going to say anything bad about counties, every has its good and bad points, but having lived in Dublin for 2 years it is a fairly difficult place if you are an outsider. I went to cork for a weekend a few weeks ago at random and ended up having great craic, people are very laid back which is just my style. Could end up living there soon. As for worst county? Being from the north I would have to say Monaghan!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭MeerKat17

Dublin. Without a doubt the worst county in Ireland.

Advertisement