Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orbs & Psychic Friends

Options
  • 26-12-2009 3:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭

Okay, I have a (kind of) friend I will refer to as Amanda. Amanda claims she can interact with and see angels and spirits in human shapes.

My best friend who I will call Hailey went to Amanda’s house and upon entering the angel room (Amanda’s mum is a healer) reacted strongly. Since then she seems to experience what others around her are feeling and can feel spirits.

This all came to light in September.

Since then Amanda has been caught lying about things such as being followed and pursued by a spirit. She has also been acting up and such. Myself and Hailey have therefore become very wary of her.

About 2 weeks ago it became evident due to various circumstances that Amanda was hiding something or lying about something serious.

About a week before that I started trying to learn to read aura’s as I felt it prudent to do so just in case.

A few days ago, myself and Hailey were in my room talking about what we would do and I was practicing reading aura’s when I saw two floating, pulsating orbs larger than a grapefruit one on top of the other. They were purplish with a green / yellow outline. I freaked out and left the room saying I needed to go to the bathroom but when I came back they were still there. Hailey asked once I was back in the room if I felt anything because she thought she could feel the presence of something in the room. I asked where she felt it and she pointed at the same place that I saw the orbs, yet she said she didn’t see anything.

I googled orbs and read some threads about it but the ones I saw were a lot larger, coloured and pulsating. Anyone have any theories? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading and I hope that wasn’t too confusing.

BTW names are fake just in case.

EDIT: I forgot to say the reason I went into the background info is that I'm very suspicious about Amanda as she recently mentioned in passing to Hailey that she can split her spirit or something) in two and therefore be in two places at once.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

That 'Amanda' 'friend' of yours has only been saying she can see spirits, angels in human form, etc., because she wants to feed her own ego with the attention she gets from that. She's an attention mongerer and an ego whore, I'm sorry to say. I sound like a twat now, but true spirituality/spiritual growth, and the psychic awareness that's a by-product of it, comes from within. It shouldn't have to be externalised like an endless rotation of party tricks (as demonstrated by your 'friend').

As for those larger-than-grapefruit-sized coloured orbs you saw and your friend 'Hailey' sensed. Orbs - whether they're coloured and large, or not - usually point to the presence of spirits. I wouldn't say 'ghosts' because I personally believe that all people who die pass on to the spirit world, and that so-called 'ghosts' are just memories and strong emotions on repeated playback. Yeah, so those orbs might have been a minor manifestation of someone either yourself or Hailey knows who have passed on.

That room where you both were sounds like a sort of 'high vibration' (chakra energy-wise) place anyway because of what it's used for, so it'd be pretty conducive to making - advertent or inadvertent - contact with something on a different plane. You probably understand the psychological correspondances, and what not, for the colours you saw in the orbs, which would be a further clue of the nature of those orbs.

Apologies if that sounds like a wheelbarrowful of jumbled nonsense, but that's what it seems like to me based on the details you've given.

That thing about 'Amanda' telling 'Hailey' she was able to split her own spirit in two is an idea she robbed from Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince (the book and the movie). In that, J.K. Rowling writes about how the only way a wizard/witch can split his/her soul is by murdering someone. Then it's learned that Voldemort (the evil dark wizard, woooo :rolleyes:) has managed to split his soul into seven pieces. I'd say 'Amanda' has been OD-ing on Harry Potter. ;)

The only time I've ever read or heard about a soul/spirit (they're pretty much the same thing to me, tbh) being split is only when a person first incarnates on earth (or on another planet - yes, laugh). The soul of that person is said to decide this. A person can be roaming around here fine and dandy for 70 or 80 years when, all the while, other 'versions' of themselves (or parts of their soul made manifest) are on other planets or in other dimensions doing pretty much the same thing simultaneously (insofar as the measurement of time we have here on earth). All of this is only whimsical conjecture and theorising, of course. The only person who ever incarnated on earth with the entirety of their soul/spirit accompanying their body was supposed to be Jesus Christ. Obviously, all of that will only mean a jot to you if you're a believer in God and all the rest of it, that is.

But that's all I've ever heard about soul/spirit splitting, and if it really is possible, it definitely doesn't seem like something that someone can just do when they wake up some day long after they were first born here.

There is this thing called 'bilocation' that Saint Padre Pio was reported to be able to do. There was an instance from the 1940s (if I recall correctly), when some Italian soldiers saw an apparition of a small, bearded man in brown robes (later identified as Padre Pio by one of the soldiers who saw the man in the flesh then) in the sky above them, when Padre Pio was actually in his friary miles and miles away at that particular time. It's basically astral travel, but the soul/spirit is never split at all - the spirit (and the consciousness that's part of it) only leaves the person's body, prevented from being disconnected from it thanks to a sort of silver etheric umbillical cord. When that cord breaks, a person's spirit leaves the body permanently and, hey presto, they're physically dead. But you can't split your soul/spirit, to the best of my knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭WanderingSoul

Thank you for replying MrMojoRisin.

That 'Amanda' 'friend' of yours [...] She's an attention mongerer and an ego whore, I'm sorry to say.

Quite frankly that whole paragraph sounds pretty 'on the mark'. At the moment I really don't trust her.
    As for those larger-than-grapefruit-sized coloured orbs you saw and your friend 'Hailey' sensed [...] might have been a minor manifestation of someone either yourself or Hailey knows who have passed on.

I suppose that would be logical as we both recently lost family members.
    That room where you both were sounds like a sort of 'high vibration' (chakra energy-wise) place anyway because of what it's used for, so it'd be pretty conducive to making - advertent or inadvertent - contact with something on a different plane.

Just to clarify in that paragraph are you referring to the room in which I saw and Hailey sensed the orbs (my bedroom) , or Amanda's mum's angel room?
    You probably understand the psychological correspondances, and what not, for the colours you saw in the orbs, which would be a further clue of the nature of those orbs..

I would presume you are talking about what the various colours that I saw mean? In which case as far as I know, purple is to do with things which are spiritual and "higher spiritual development". Greens are to do with healing and yellows are to do with "intellectual development, for either material or spiritual ends" or "psychic and spiritual awareness".

I'll reply to your second post in a sec.

It's basically astral travel, but the soul/spirit is never split at all - the spirit (and the consciousness that's part of it) only leaves the person's body, prevented from being disconnected from it thanks to a sort of silver etheric umbillical cord.

I stand corrected. I just realized I phrased it incorrectly in my post. She didn't actually say splitting herself per say, but to take two forms kind of as phrased above. Honestly though I think she is certainly lying about the "splitting herself" thing, it may have been just another "party trick" as you said in your first post.

Just to clarify in that paragraph are you referring to the room in which I saw and Hailey sensed the orbs (my bedroom) , or Amanda's mum's angel room?

Tbh, I'd say both your bedroom and Amanda's mum's angel room are both 'high vibration' places. If you have a person engaging in a lot of lofty and deep sort of spiritual thought, or just focusing on matters that automatically engage the upper chakras (third eye, crown), that will have the effect of raising the 'vibration' of the environment in which they find themselves - whether that's a designated angel room or someone's bedroom.
    I would presume you are talking about what the various colours that I saw mean? In which case as far as I know, purple is to do with things which are spiritual and "higher spiritual development". Greens are to do with healing and yellows are to do with "intellectual development, for either material or spiritual ends" or "psychic and spiritual awareness".

Yeah, I was referring to those colours. I wouldn't call myself an expert on chakras and all the rest of it (layby enthusiast only), but your summation of those colours' associations sounds on-target to me. Beyond looking at just the colours themselves, also take into account the quality of those colours - a murky-looking green would point to jealousy, and a darker shade of yellow would indicate things like egotism, excessive worrying/anxiety, or mental fatigue (from too much study, or whatever). Now, whether or not those orbs might have been a 'sign' from the people yourself and Hailey know who have recently passed on, the colours themselves might be taken to represent particular character traits of those people when they had been alive. The bright yellow might mean, for instance, that so-and-so was a teacher of some sort, or they worked in an academic field, when they were alive.

• Advertisement

Tbh, I'd say both your bedroom and Amanda's mum's angel room are both 'high vibration' places.

Okay, thanks for clarifying.
    Yeah, I was referring to those colours. I wouldn't call myself an expert on chakras and all the rest of it (layby enthusiast only), but your summation of those colours' associations sounds on-target to me. Beyond looking at just the colours themselves, also take into account the quality of those colours

Will do, I'll look it up in a moment.
    Now, whether or not those orbs might have been a 'sign' from the people yourself and Hailey know who have recently passed on, the colours themselves might be taken to represent particular character traits of those people when they had been alive. The bright yellow might mean, for instance, that so-and-so was a teacher of some sort, or they worked in an academic field, when they were alive.

I'll talk to Hailey as soon as I can or link her to this thread as I never met the person she knew who died, but the colours seem to sort of describe the person I knew.

I stand corrected. I just realized I phrased it incorrectly in my post. She didn't actually say splitting herself per say, but to take two forms kind of as phrased above. Honestly though I think she is certainly lying about the "splitting herself" thing, it may have been just another "party trick" as you said in your first post.

Oh right - 'Be in two places at the one time. Gee, aren't I amazing?'! :D You'd have to be very advanced psychically to be able to manage that feat. I reckon this Amanda is just hoping she'll be able to do that one day. I don't think she's totally dead in the water psychic ability-wise - she wouldn't even be interested in any of this stuff to start with if there wasn't at least some spark of ability present in her.

Most people who are successful in manipulating people, or in persuading them into believing bull**** (if only for a while), are perceptive enough to be able to 'read' others to be able to do that. They'll never move beyond that level of perception (to the level that would make astral travel possible) until they relinquish their ego involvement and selfish desires - all lower chakra matters. In fairness, it's tough going for anyone to push their ego aside entirely because identity is so wound up with it; something that isn't helped in the slightest by the Capitalist and material-driven society into which almost all of us are born. I suppose some people are just better at removing themselves that bit further from their egos than others.

Your 'friend' Amanda is probably still grappling with baggage from her dysfunctional upbringing. Maybe born into a family where a few hugs would have been better for her - being a sensitive child and all - than a decent wad of weekly pocket money instead. Typical scenario. Her bull**** is hers and hers alone, though. The next time she says she can appear in two places simultaneously, that she's being stalked by a ghost, or whatever other sh ite, just don't show any reaction to it. React as if she had told you she just bought the latest issue of Hello Magazine. Then quickly change the subject in a casual way. Or walk to another room, place, etc. She's feeding off your reactions, so stop showing interest in the lies she tells you.

If you're still interested in having her as a friend/associate (or she's simply difficult to get rid of easily), try to involve her in any constructive spiritual sort of activities yourself and Hailey do. It'd give her something more productive to focus her energies on, instead of making up sh ite in her head.

Returning to the subject of the brightly coloured orbs. My sister and her friends do a spot of paranormal investigation, and her friend showed me two photographs she had taken of my sister when they were investigating an old building one night. She hadn't intended to take a photograph of my sister (might have broken the lens, mwahaha :p), but the area behind her (large dorm-type room). Anyway, both of the photographs showed two brightly coloured balls (or 'orbs') hovering near my sister's head - one was orange and the other was purple.

Now, I have to say that I'm very dubious about so-called 'orbs' being captured on today's contemporary cameras (because they're usually dust particles, and what not), but it was just out-of-the-ordinary for her to capture orbs that had bright colours, and not the usual white or translucent-white colour. Nobody had/has any idea what those coloured balls/orbs 'meant', or where they came from. But, suffice to say, that building they had been in is supposed to be haunted. At the very least, it has a long and ugly history.

Oh right - 'Be in two places at the one time. Gee, aren't I amazing?'!

That honestly made me laugh out loud!
    Your 'friend' Amanda is probably still grappling with baggage from her dysfunctional upbringing. Maybe born into a family where a few hugs would have been better for her - being a sensitive child and all - than a decent wad of weekly pocket money instead. Typical scenario.

She actually aside from the whole angels thing in which she was brought up, she did have a fairly dysfunctional upbringing - step-parents and all that.
    React as if she had told you she just bought the latest issue of Hello Magazine..

I have been trying to do so, but the problem is there is a large group of us and smaller groups within that (for example I don't particularly wish to be the friend of 3 or so of the people but they are the friends of my closer friends so therefore they are in said "group"). She tends to always bring up such things when there are about 6 of us there so even if I don't react, someone else will.
    If you're still interested in having her as a friend/associate (or she's simply difficult to get rid of easily), try to involve her in any constructive spiritual sort of activities yourself and Hailey do. It'd give her something more productive to focus her energies on, instead of making up sh ite in her head.

I don't think I'm interested in having her as a 'friend/associate' but I think I will be unable to avoid her regardless. The thing about trying to give her something more productive to think about, is it seems to me as though she sees herself as the expert/leader who knows best and enjoys the feeling of 'being in power'. Therefore I think she would be very difficult/resistant in situations where anything spiritual is involved that she feels she did not initiate or that she is not in control.

Tbh, regarding the 'seeing angels & spirits' side of it, I think she sees herself as the next Lorna Byrne.

Returning to the subject of the brightly coloured orbs. My sister and her friends do a spot of paranormal investigation [...] it was just out-of-the-ordinary for her to capture orbs that had bright colours, and not the usual white or translucent-white colour. Nobody had/has any idea what those coloured balls/orbs 'meant', or where they came from. But, suffice to say, that building they had been in is supposed to be haunted. At the very least, it has a long and ugly history.

That would therefore imply the orbs are linked to the history of the place and the suspicion they are 'haunted'?

• Advertisement

Right, I get ya. If those friends of yours are as close as you say they are, it wouldn't hurt to privately say something to them about Amanda like, "She's only making up all this stuff about spirits and angels because she wants attention and wants to seem really important. I'm blue in the face from listening to all of it". Something brought you together to make you good friends in the first place, so they'd probably be on the same wavelength as you thoughts-wise. Yourself and Hailey probably aren't the only people who think Amanda is spinning a yarn for attention.

To even outspokenly question what that Amanda has said would be a mighty threat to her altogether. But there's no point in carrying on in listening to her stories - you're better off in sticking to your principles and outing someone as a liar and an f*ckin' idiot. It will all come out at some point anyway - rather sooner than later, though. Whatever about the possible knock-on effect of friendships with other people in your group, it sounds like you have a good friend in Hailey. If the other people had any sense and strength of character, they wouldn't end up taking Amanda's 'side' anyway. But I'd say it's best to discuss it privately with others in the group initially. Test the water, so to speak.

At best, this is something from which you can learn a lot - if you're involved in something metaphysical in nature and you meet other people trying to get into the area as well, it's guaranteed that you'll meet the types of people who exaggerate their 'abilities' to amplify their egos. Tbh, they're found in every area of life really. When you come across them, don't allow yourself to be the least bit intimidated by them, and either avoid them (if you have the luxury of doing that) or call them up on their sh it. If you believe in your heart of hearts that someone is full of it, you can be damn sure that there's someone else who's thinking the same thing as you about them.

Btw, I read Lorna Byrne's book during the summer. I'll be cyber-stoned for saying this now, but I just thought she seemed so far away with the fairies to even be on this earth at all. Like, I don't understand all these Lorna Byrne wannabes that are crawling out of the cupboards now because it's like aspiring to be a total spacer.

That would therefore imply the orbs are linked to the history of the place and the suspicion they are 'haunted'?

That's one theory, but I honestly haven't formed any definite conclusions about what the orbs represent. I do know that members of the group felt strong presences and one pregnant group member felt her baby kicking her wildly in certain parts of the place as well. They also captured the EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomena) of unexplainable whispering by two female-sounding 'people' inside that place. All of that suggests to them that it's 'haunted'. I can't comment on the veracity of that because I've never been in there myself.

If those friends of yours are as close as you say they are [...]

The problem are those who are close to myself or Hailey but are also close to her, as they could go either way.
    it sounds like you have a good friend in Hailey.

I would hope so.
    But I'd say it's best to discuss it privately with others in the group initially. Test the water, so to speak.

I think this would be a good idea. Myself and Hailey need to kind of talk about what we are going to do.
    To even outspokenly question what that Amanda has said would be a mighty threat to her altogether.

Yes I would say so. Therefore I don't know what will happen as a result and that is what I am anxious about.

Also another complication in this whole thing is that since myself particularly and Hailey are quite new to this whole thing we usually would have turned to Amanda with any queries or questions hence me deciding to post here.
    At best, this is something from which you can learn a lot [...] If you believe in your heart of hearts that someone is full of it, you can be damn sure that there's someone else who's thinking the same thing as you about them.

Sound advice.

I just linked Hailey to this thread.

That's one theory, but I honestly haven't formed any definite conclusions about what the orbs represent. I do know that members of the group felt strong presences and one pregnant group member felt her baby kicking her wildly in certain parts of the place as well. They also captured the EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomena) of unexplainable whispering by two female-sounding 'people' inside that place. All of that suggests to them that it's 'haunted'. I can't comment on the veracity of that because I've never been in there myself.

Very strange. Do you have any plans in the foreseeable future to visit the place yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Sunshine12

Im here!
    I'm Hailey

The problum here is what is Amanda trying to get out of this? I mean some of thius stuff is horrible to expeirience others great!

BTW i can only feel!! I havent learned or am to able to see anything!

Update:

I sent Hailey a link and she has joined Boards as 'Sunshine12' and will be joining in on the conversation.

EDIT: Damn, she got there before me.

That thing about 'Amanda' telling 'Hailey' she was able to split her own spirit in two is an idea she robbed from Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince (the book and the movie). In that, J.K. Rowling writes about how the only way a wizard/witch can split his/her soul is by murdering someone. Then it's learned that Voldemort (the evil dark wizard, woooo :rolleyes:) has managed to split his soul into seven pieces. I'd say 'Amanda' has been OD-ing on Harry Potter. ;)

That is true I have done at least three times, once i stayed in my own home and twice i left it! The third time it happened it wasnt so good!

BTW where did you come with Hailey????:confused:

Random site for baby names :D

• Advertisement

Sunshine12 wrote: »
    That is true I have done at least three times, once i stayed in my own home and twice i left it! The third time it happened it wasnt so good!

Read the rest of their post and my one replying to it.

[quote= It's basically astral travel, but the soul/spirit is never split at all - the spirit (and the consciousness that's part of it) only leaves the person's body, prevented from being disconnected from it thanks to a sort of silver etheric umbillical cord. When that cord breaks, a person's spirit leaves the body permanently and, hey presto, they're physically dead. But you can't split your soul/spirit, to the best of my knowledge.[/quote]

That sounds right!! but the cord thing didn't break because im still here!

But i did do it! The only way I can describe it is by saying that you can feel both hands even though they are in differant places! Only if you do it near yourself you can see your own body wich is kinda freaky!!!!

random sites of baby names . . . . . . . . .

The problem are those who are close to myself or Hailey but are also close to her, as they could go either way.

Okay. If you're prepared to take a chance and speak up privately about Amanda's behaviour to them, that's a possible consequence you'll have to face.

So you have three options really:

1.) Carry on hanging around with your gang as it is and put up with Amanda being a control freak, attention-grabbing idiot.

2.) Voice what you really think of Amanda to the mutual friends yourself and Hailey and Amanda share and risk losing those friends, or stand a chance of them taking both of your sides (yourself's and Hailey's).

3.) Find some new friends elsewhere instead of having to bother with any of the above crap anymore. Even if you're all in school/college/work/whatever together, there are still other people you can befriend.

Might sound dumb now, but you should both think about placing an ad online looking for similarly minded people around your own age in your area. You could say you're starting up a 'spiritual interest group' (angels, aura reading, or whatever else floats your boat) and are looking for members. With this kind of group, there's always the danger of attracting spacers and weirdos, but that's part-and-parcel of the process of finding suitable people. In your own group, you can have everything on your own terms and speak up or boot people out if they're acting the eejit.

Yes I would say so. Therefore I don't know what will happen as a result and that is what I am anxious about.

Amanda is sh*tting herself beneath all the bluster and bravado - frightened people gain a sense of security from having control over other people, and when that false security is taken away (i.e. by someone confronting them somehow), they act out like a toddler version of Kanye West. The worst she can do is turn people against you and say sh*t about you, but let her carry on doing that. Why should you give a sh*t if she's making a dumbass of herself doing that? At the end of the day, that only reflects badly on her. You have to detach yourself from that petty bullsh*t and rise above it. You have more important things to be thinking about (your interests, future, family, etc) than what some jumped-up guru wannabe b!tch is wasting her time and energy doing as a form of bitter reprisal. The best thing for her is to let her f*ck off for herself and take whatever 'followers' she can get her grubby mitts on with her.
    Also another complication in this whole thing is that since myself particularly and Hailey are quite new to this whole thing we usually would have turned to Amanda with any queries or questions hence me deciding to post here.

Because you're new to all of this stuff, you're obviously going to be unsure of yourself and maybe lacking trust in yourself. The way to overcome that is to sort of listen to yourself more when going about your day-to-day business. Even if you're just walking around some shop wondering what to get for someone's birthday and you're wishing someone else was with you to help you decide, or whatever, stop and take into account and value your own opinion. When you know and understand yourself well enough, that's a good foundation for doing anything successfully - whether it be building your own website or finding answers that 'fit' in the paranormal area. What if Amanda was never born, or if (God forbid) she died tomorrow? You'd have to turn to someone or something else for the answers. Neither of you should need Amanda to address your queries because there's an astonishing volume of information on the Internet, in books, and available from different professional organisations.

Here on boards, a psychic and spiritual development circle was started a few years ago. See here.

This is also a nice thing that was set up.

This site might also useful.

There doesn't tend to be many groups or organisations (in Ireland anyway) that facilitate younger people's interest in metaphysical subjects. When someone is under 18 especially, they're fairly bollixed for finding anywhere to go to. Not to sound ageist now (though I probably will regardless), but most of the groups and organisations in operation are run by or have members that are 30+, which can be intimidating to younger people, or who they find they don't have much in common with them because they might be married, have established professional careers, or have kids, grandkids, etc.

Very strange. Do you have any plans in the foreseeable future to visit the place yourself?

I haven't made any fixed plans to head down to the place (it's in Cork) but I'd definitely like to go there alright. The next time I'm down visiting family - which will be in February for my sister's birthday - I'll take a drive up to the place then. There are loads of places their group has visited that I'm dying to see for myself. The most I've seen of some of the places is just a view from a distance, or from the road. Most of them are off the beaten track though.

Im here!
    I'm Hailey

The problem here is what is Amanda trying to get out of this? I mean some of this stuff is horrible to experience, others great!

Hi Hailey (with your random baby names site-hailing name, lol. :D)

What is Amanda trying to get out of this? Let's see... Attention, praise, reverence, awe, glory, control.. You sort of answered your own question in a way when you said that some of this stuff is horrible to experience, and some of it isn't. That's a further clue to Amanda having been talking through her backside about what she's been experiencing. In her world of prevaricating poop, all things in the paranormal area are sunshine, packets of Skittles, ABBA, and f*cking rainbows. Poor dear doesn't have a clue.
    BTW i can only feel!! I havent learned or am to able to see anything!

That's called 'clairsentience', or you're 'clairsentient'. It basically means 'clear feeling' and it corresponds to the solar plexus, or third, chakra. It's more highly activated in females than males because girls are innately more sensitive anyway. That's just how it is in a broad sense.

Then there's 'clairvoyance' (the one we all hear about, which is just 'clear seeing' in the mind's eye), followed by 'claircognizance' ('clear knowing'), and 'clairaudience' ('clear hearing'). Most mediums - especially some of the clowns that are on the telly - demonstrate a combination of clairsentience, clairvoyance, and clairaudience. I'm not saying that all mediums, whether or not they're on TV, are clowns - just that they're few and far between.

You might have already had experience of clairvoyance (seeing a thing or two) if you've seen a 'ghost', or a manifestation of a spirit, or whatever else, at some point in your life to date.

But one form of psychic processing isn't superior or inferior to the other. If you're a strong clairsentient that can pick up information from objects (this is called 'psychometry'), situations, buildings, people, etc, then that's great. Generally, the other methods of attunement will unfold in their own time, but you can actively encourage their unfoldment more by practicing different techniques yourself.

There are lots of decent books here that might interest you.

Btw, it's becoming rarer and rarer to see things nowadays because of the heavily weighted intellectual and rational society in which we live. You could argue that the increasing emphasis on rationality has been a positive thing as well because we can rule out so-called 'apparitions' and other alleged paranormal phenomena more easily now. We're able to draw clearer boundaries and conclusions now because the greater education of people has enabled them to look at matters from all sides in more depth. So, it's a double-edged sword in a way.

That sounds right!! but the cord thing didn't break because im still here!

Yeah, thank f/ck the cord didn't break. :pac:
    But i did do it! The only way I can describe it is by saying that you can feel both hands even though they are in differant places! Only if you do it near yourself you can see your own body which is kinda freaky!!!!

Okay, I believe you. I only know one person who apparently travels astrally. He says he does it almost every night after he falls asleep. He has never described what it feels like (and I never thought to ask him about it either, tbh), but he said that he can think for himself and move his 'form' (his consciousness, I suppose) very consciously to places he likes that he has visited in his waking life. According to him, most people who try to do astral travel don't make it beyond their kitchen. That's what he said anyway.

Tbh, I don't think I've ever astral travelled, so I wouldn't have a clue about it, beyond what Gavin (astral travelling extraordinaire :p) said, and what I've read.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Ok, I'm going to interject for a second. A group I used to hang out with when I was about 15 went into a phase of interest in psychics and all that. Now, it had a kid in it who claimed he was a seventh son of a seventh son (AFTER the interest was sparked). According to him, all the previous sons has died in the womb. He never offered explaination for his father having only 1 brother. So already I thought he was a moron. But they were my friends, so I put up with it.

Anyway, this kid claimed he could see the future, spin psi wheels and reanimate dead worms in his hand. Now, I'm a firm believer in psychic abilities, so we'll get to the clairvoiance and telekinesis in a second. However, reanimating the dead? He demonstrated this once; the end moved slightly, and I could see his hand twitching. The rest were tres impressed though.

When he demonstrated the psi wheel, he was blowing on it. I challenged this, and he went around that group saying I was jealous and 'trying to sabotage his gifts'.

I ditched the lot of them, and never once regretted it. Last I heard he tried to form some kind of cult in his school, though I'm not sure how true this is.

What I'm saying is, while the stories aren't the same, there's similarities. If you aren't all that close to these other people, the two of you get out now and find some friends who aren't idiots.

1.) Carry on hanging around with your gang as it is and put up with Amanda being a control freak, attention-grabbing idiot.

I don't know about Hailey but I personally feel as if I'm going to go insane if I have to be around Amanda as usual.
    2.) Voice what you really think of Amanda to the mutual friends yourself and Hailey and Amanda share and risk losing those friends, or stand a chance of them taking both of your sides (yourself's and Hailey's).

3.) Find some new friends elsewhere instead of having to bother with any of the above crap anymore. Even if you're all in school/college/work/whatever together, there are still other people you can befriend.

Honestly I don't think it would be possible to do number 3 without some sort of confrontation.
    There doesn't tend to be many groups or organisations (in Ireland anyway) that facilitate younger people's interest in metaphysical subjects. When someone is under 18 especially, they're fairly bollixed for finding anywhere to go to.

Unfortunately, we are under 18, so finding / creating any groups would be difficult.
    Here on boards, a psychic and spiritual development circle was started a few years ago. See here.

This is also a nice thing that was set up.

This site might also useful.

Thank you for the links, I'll check them out in a moment.

• Advertisement

Urizen wrote: »
    Ok, I'm going to interject for a second [ . . . ] What I'm saying is, while the stories aren't the same, there's similarities. If you aren't all that close to these other people, the two of you get out now and find some friends who aren't idiots.

Thank you for replying Urizen. Thanks for the advice, however unfortunately some the people involved are essentially our best friends, but they are essentially her (Amanda's) best friends too, although some would certainly doubt her claims.

So although I would like to dissociate myself with Amanda, I don't want to lose some of our friends.

Advertisement