Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orbs & Psychic Friends

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Honestly I don't think it would be possible to do number 3 without some sort of confrontation.

Sometimes in life you have to face and deal with confrontation. I don't know anyone who hasn't been backed into a corner, where they've had to confront someone. I've confronted people myself several times. It's more empowering and beneficial in the long-term to act rather than to continue reacting passively-aggressively to this Amanda one (or whatever her real name is). Hurting a woman/girl goes against my ethics but, even just hearing about that girl, I'd be tempted to give her a slap myself. :pac:

All I can say is what - definitely! :rolleyes: - won't kill you will only make you stronger.
    Unfortunately, we are under 18, so finding / creating any groups would be difficult.

I don't see why you can't create your own group. All it is is just a collection of like-minded people who get together frequently to talk about subjects that interest them. I don't see how you'd be contravening any laws in doing that.
    The underlying premise is much the same as trying to get anything else going when you're under 18 - whether that be starting a band, putting together a soccer team, or starting a choir. Go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭WanderingSoul

Sometimes in life you have to face and deal with confrontation [ . . . ] All I can say is what - definitely! :rolleyes: - won't kill you will only make you stronger.

Tell me about it! :pac:

Anyway, Hailey will be coming over to my house on Friday so we can talk about what we are going to do, but we won't see Amanda or any of the 'gang' till the 7th.
    I don't see why you can't create your own group. All it is is just a collection of like-minded people who get together frequently to talk about subjects that interest them.

That would be the problem. We live in an area where there are not alot of people and I can't think of anyone around our age who would be interested . . . Although I suppose you don't know 'till you try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Sunshine12

I don't see why you can't create your own group. All it is is just a collection of like-minded people who get together frequently to talk about subjects that interest them. I don't see how you'd be contravening any laws in doing that.
    The underlying premise is much the same as trying to get anything else going when you're under 18 - whether that be starting a band, putting together a soccer team, or starting a choir. Go for it.

Another probum with that is we are in a chatholic are and school! Our teachers wouldn't agree!
    BTW thanks for the links to the books!!

One thing is though, Amanda is telling some truth but not all of it is real! She can see/hear/feel things but i haven't figured out which yet! She says see can see and i do believe that one and she defintly hears because her mom confirmed that one, but the feeling one . . . . . I know for a fact that she would have sensed Wander's and my unease! Another problum is she is able to protect herself via grounding, I can do it too and Amanda claims that i'm a powerful grounder . . . . . but i can't seem to block her . . . she said something to me one day but i cant remember what on earth it was about! BTW I have a terrible memory so . . . .yeah, I might struggle with a few things!

WanderingSoul I'm calling you Alexis BTW!!!

Ok.

• Advertisement

Hi Alexis!!

BTW I didn't get that name from a site for baby names!! You can geuss where i got it from!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Thanks for the advice, however unfortunately some the people involved are essentially our best friends, but they are essentially her (Amanda's) best friends too, although some would certainly doubt her claims.

So although I would like to dissociate myself with Amanda, I don't want to lose some of our friends.

Fair enough. Like I said, the situations aren't identical. I decided that I'd rather make new friends than deal with that crap, but that obviously won't work if they're your best friends.

Aww, I like being thanked... :D

Urizen wrote: »
    I'd rather make new friends than deal with that crap, but that obviously won't work if they're your best friends.

Yeah it wont work!
    But thanks for the suggestion!

BTW just to update, i have to go to Amanda's house soon, the next few days, to get a Healing from her mom! Would her mom be able to feel anything does anyone know?

Sunshine12 wrote: »
    BTW just to update, i have to go to Amanda's house soon, the next few days, to get a Healing from her mom! Would her mom be able to feel anything does anyone know?

Wth? Next few days?! I thought you were delaying it?

Not for much longer i cant!

• Advertisement

That would be the problem. We live in an area where there are not a lot of people and I can't think of anyone around our age who would be interested . . . Although I suppose you don't know 'till you try.

My sister and her friends encountered the same thing when they first got started with all the paranormal stuff. Like, before they all came together via an online ad, they each knew very few people outside their families who were into paranormal stuff. They're all good friends now, and tbh, it's surprised me because I always tended to think that associations that began online never worked out in the long-term.

My sister first started actively searching for other like-minded people when she was 19 and, not long after that, she took a chance and met one of the girls, who had an ad up on some site, on her own. I suppose it's different when it's girls meeting up with other girls. But not long after that, she would meet up with these random people (male and female of varying ages) who were interested in their group on her own in pubs, and what have you, when any of the others couldn't make it. AFAIK, there was one woman (funnily enough) who was apparently "away with the birds" and one fella who was charming on the surface but fairly up his own arse. Anyway, I wouldn't advise anyone to do what she did, but she was determined to do all that as part of the 'sussing people out' process their group had to do for a fair few months.

My own experience with fellow paranormal-minded folk is that a lot of the interest is kept on the low - 'underground', so to speak. There are plenty of interested people out there getting together and furthering their mutual interest in the subject - it's just not spoken about a lot. Many people still take the piss out of the area (and the people in it), probably thinking we're all a shower of gullible f/ckin' eejits. But how can you claim to have come to a conclusion on the existence of anything paranormal until you've really got involved and active in the area? Tbh, I'm still not 100% certain about things like life after death and the different phenomena (psychokinesis, remote viewing, etc), but I'm doing my best to always keep an open mind.

Anyway it wouldn't be a bad idea to put together an ad. You don't need to be specific about where you're based (the name of the county will do), or anything else, until you've communicated enough with any respondants to be satisfied they aren't piss takers or weirdos. If you're meeting anybody, meet them in some public place, like a cafe or fast food place you don't frequent too often (so you won't meet them there in future, in case they turn out to be a bit odd or you just don't like them in person). Bring a couple of people with you as well on the day - for the purpose of moral support and for impartial observation.

With your age group (something that you should specify for any respondants to the ad), you'll be less likely to attract weirdos and probably more likely to attract piss takers, but it's better to take precautions anyway, as well as hoping for the best. :) There are genuine people out there. You have very little to lose, and everything to gain.

Another problem with that is we are in a Catholic area and school! Our teachers wouldn't agree!!

So what? My sister is a Catholic and so am I (haven't been to mass in a while though :o :rolleyes:). All of our family are Catholics and they've always been open about their paranormal experiences - from our aunts and our father, to our grandparents. They couldn't give a toss about what anybody thinks. When I was growing up in an area that had lots of Catholic families, as well as a few Jehovahs Witness and Protestant families, I remember everybody being very open about, and accepting of, things like ghosts, hauntings and even the bloody Banshee. :pac:

The Catholic Church's association with the occult goes back a long, long way. The Vatican even have a specially appointed exorcist called Father Amorth (see here),and the Bible is full of references to life after death, spirits, and angels. Screw what your teachers at your school think - if the Vatican and the Bible are cool with various aspects of the paranormal, I don't think you need to worry about what a few lowly teachers think. The only thing the Bible has been interpreted as being strongly against is conscious communication with spirits (through the ouija board, seances, etc). And keeping in mind the Commandment that dictates that people shouldn't have false gods, I suppose the religion of Spiritualism isn't viewed too fondly. Then again, I don't know what sort of 'god' they worship in Spiritualism (a general 'higher power'?). :confused:

One thing is though, Amanda is telling some truth but not all of it is real! She can see/hear/feel things but i haven't figured out which yet! She says she can see and i do believe that one and she definitely hears because her mom confirmed that one, but the feeling one . . . . . I know for a fact that she would have sensed Wander's and my unease!

Yeah, I was thinking the girl surely must know something to be able to do a bit of bullsh*itting to start with. It's funny (not 'funny ha, ha') how her mother was able to 'confirm' that Amanda hears stuff (clairaudience) - are psychics able to know that about people, e.g. that so-and-so is clairaudient and/or clairsentient or clairvoyant? I've always thought that I could see who was intuitive in a broad sense myself, but f/ck only knows in my mind whether they can hear, see, or feel stuff. :confused:
    Another problem is she is able to protect herself via grounding, I can do it too and Amanda claims that i'm a powerful grounder . . . . . but i can't seem to block her . . . she said something to me one day but i cant remember what on earth it was about! BTW I have a terrible memory so . . . .yeah, I might struggle with a few things!

It wasn't something about 'psychic attacks' or 'visualising a protective column of white/golden light' that she said to you, was it? I do believe that there are some people who can pick up on other people's thoughts or feelings even from a distance, which, in its worst 'use', is just plain bad manners and intrusive. This document here might be of some use to you, though I wouldn't go overboard with the fear that Amanda is 'attacking' you psychically and I also would take it all with a pinch of salt (the document's contents).

I would think that it's easier to 'attack', read the thoughts of, or manipulate, someone if you have a bond with them. So, you might think about breaking whatever skewed sort of bond you've established with Amanda. As well as trying to put some physical distance between you, you should give the cutting of 'psychic cords' a go. When you strike up an association with anyone (even including your own dog), a tie or a 'cord' is created between you. http://ezinearticles.com/?Cutting-the-Psychic-Energy-Chords&id=2086591. This can even be the case when that association is negative. Give the following meditation a go: http://www.cosmicawareness.org/html/cord_cutting_meditation.html if you're into meditation, that is.

The intent and the conscious visualisation in themselves are a good start to blocking out Amanda and her bullsh*t anyway. Btw, you should focus on what you want rather than what it is you don't want as the end result because, by focusing your energy (thoughts) on something - whether it's good or bad - you're 'sending' energy to it and sort of attracting it in the process. Keep that in mind. :)

So how did this whole scenario play out in the end guys?

So how did this whole scenario play out in the end guys?

It hasn't finished yet because of new circumstances. I'm going to have to ask Hailey to explain this one.

Hmm, the thick plottens

Hmm, the thick plottens

:D It kind of concerns Hailey more than me so I'll let her decide how much to share as some of it is quite personal.

I'm going to have to ask Hailey to explain this one.

What do you want me to explain exactly? BTW a new developement is that Amanda has two new problums, only one am i allowed to explain as the other is private but it will most likely play apart in all this!

The problum is she says that she had a visiter over the holidays and that she has to find this person called Seamus Flinch ( no idea if that is spelt right! Think it is thouugh!) but she is dead serious on finding him and trying to get this sucide note from the person who visited her, yes i do believe to a certain extent, i had someone visit me too (kinda scary but okay in the end!) but the fact that they would come to her now when it clashes with the second problum is confusing! I don't know wether or not this part, going to find this Seamus, who is in England, so she was told, part! She is dead serious about it and has mentioned it out loud in the school caridors which is something that she knows she shoudln't do! That is the thing that got my attention! The fact she said it out loud in the corridor!

Oh and by the way the teachers has become involved in one of the oringinal problems, that i dont think we went into the detail with . . . did we Alexis? anyway now she blaming herself about ti or something i wasnt paying attention to her rambling!

hey how did you reply before me!

Oh and by the way the teachers has become involved in one of the oringinal problems, that i dont think we went into the detail with . . . did we Alexis? anyway now she blaming herself about ti or something i wasnt paying attention to her rambling!

I wasn't paying attention to her either. About that, I didn't go into it in detail, I may have referred to it as a "serious issue" etc.

This is now 99% attention seeking. She's going beyond your normal group to get the attention now, as is evidenced by saying it aloud in school. It doesn't matter if it's good or bad attention she gets, it'll boost her either way.

Now phrase that in a way that doesn't make me sound like a pseudo-psychological prat :P

In relation to your 'visitor' (I assume you mean ghost, spirit, angel or some such), I can only offer one piece of important advice. Research how to get in contact with a spirit guide. I'm not a big believer in mediums, but this does seem to be a big fundamental with most of them. That way you can go right ahead and deal with your 'visitors' and still be protected.

Again, imagine I said that in a way that didn't make spirit guides sound like ectoplasmic condoms... :eek:

This one Amanda is still an idiot anyway.

• Advertisement

This is now 99% attention seeking. She's going beyond your normal group to get the attention now, as is evidenced by saying it aloud in school. It doesn't matter if it's good or bad attention she gets, it'll boost her either way.

Now phrase that in a way that doesn't make me sound like a pseudo-psychological prat :P

In relation to your 'visitor' (I assume you mean ghost, spirit, angel or some such), I can only offer one piece of important advice. Research how to get in contact with a spirit guide. I'm not a big believer in mediums, but this does seem to be a big fundamental with most of them. That way you can go right ahead and deal with your 'visitors' and still be protected.

Again, imagine I said that in a way that didn't make spirit guides sound like ectoplasmic condoms... :eek:

This one Amanda is still an idiot anyway.

Honestly, at the moment, this bit concerns Hailey alot more than me so I will once again ask her to respond. Also, afaik, Hailey has and does the bold bit regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Soulja boy

I have an orb for posting, I channel every post before I post it.

Soulja boy wrote: »
    I have an orb for posting, I channel every post before I post it.

I'm a bit confused as to what you mean? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Soulja boy

<snip>

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I'm a bit confused as to what you mean? :confused:

I think he was just going for the "least humorous troll of the year" award. It's still very early in the year, but so far he's a strong contender :)

stevenmu wrote: »
    I think he was just going for the "least humorous troll of the year" award. It's still very early in the year, but so far he's a strong contender :)

That's what I figured. :)

Honestly, at the moment, this bit concerns Hailey alot more than me so I will once again ask her to respond. Also, afaik, Hailey has and does the bold bit regularly.

Yes i do do the bold bit quite regularly. and i think it was the spirit of my great uncle based on what information i got from him and my mother ( i asked my mother about her familly!) The only problum was i dont think i was protected enough from him because he had a very strong and frightining influence on me!

Advertisement