Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psychic & Spiritual Development Circle

Options
  • 29-06-2006 12:06am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Myself, 6th and ODonnell are going to be arranging a Psychic and Spiritual Development Cirlce. We are planning to have this up and running for this September, or October at the latest, so for now this thread is simply to gauge interest in it.

The presice details have not been decided yet but the circle will meet once a week some weekday evening, probably somewhere in Dublin city centre, or somewhere easily reachable from there. There is no need for anyone thinking of joining the circle to already be 'psychic'. Similarly, there is no need for anyone to be particularly 'religious'. It is more about self-development and learning from each other than about any set of shared beliefs. (there is also no need for anyone to be a regular poster, or even a member here on boards)

If you are interested or have any questions, please post here on the thread, or feel free to send me a pm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Like Steven said, its not just for Boardsies, if you know anyone who might be interested just PM one of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I have a list but I have to go get some sleep will post them in the morning and I will be nice and do it after I have had my first cup of coffee :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

stevenmu wrote:
    Myself, 6th and ODonnell are going to be arranging a Psychic and Spiritual Development Cirlce. We are planning to have this up and running for this September, or October at the latest, so for now this thread is simply to gauge interest in it.

The presice details have not been decided yet but the circle will meet once a week some weekday evening, probably somewhere in Dublin city centre, or somewhere easily reachable from there. There is no need for anyone thinking of joining the circle to already be 'psychic'. Similarly, there is no need for anyone to be particularly 'religious'. It is more about self-development and learning from each other than about any set of shared beliefs. (there is also no need for anyone to be a regular poster, or even a member here on boards)

If you are interested or have any questions, please post here on the thread, or feel free to send me a pm.

Hey, I'd be up for it! I was just sayin I'd like to train my psychic abilities

I look forward to this list Thaed.

Abe, you wouldnt be from the Tallaght area would you?
    Edit: its ok I just saw your thread in Photography, its not a common surname so i recognised it straight off.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Thanks for replying Abe, I saw your thread on the paranormal forum alright, I'll try to reply to it later if I get a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Dr_Darkness

I would definately be interested in joining your psychic development group as I believe everyone has the potential to some degree including myself, but I would like to develop it more. So count me in.

Thanks for replying Dr Darkness, glad to have you along. Like I said above we won't be organising it for a while yet, but we'll probably have a get together at some point before then for everyone to get to know each other a little and discuss what we all want from the circle. I'll keep you informed.

Like Steven said ... welcome aboard. I sent you an email Dr_Darkness. Ok so its building up nicely.

Would there be any benefit to putting a flyer in House of Astrology once we get a firmer idea for this DC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭odonnell

i think the best bet is to get things established amongst knowns first of all. to put up a flier would be to commit to a gameplan with people expecting to come along to a pre-fabricated product, and you get unknowns. Id be wary of this... i myself am looking to develop as opposed to guide you know? I think it needs assessment...

• Advertisement

thats what i meant by firmer idea, I feel there is alot to learn from other people, for all we know people could come along with much more of an idea of whats going on than us. Its about coming together, learning from each other and growing.

I do agree taht we need to have sorted out between us what it is we want from this.

odonnell wrote:
    i think the best bet is to get things established amongst knowns first of all. to put up a flier would be to commit to a gameplan with people expecting to come along to a pre-fabricated product, and you get unknowns. Id be wary of this... i myself am looking to develop as opposed to guide you know? I think it needs assessment...
    Yep, I agree with this.

Also, we have 6 people already, if we're aiming for 8-10 ish then I don't think we need to be in any rush to get more on board just yet.

(You already have the flier done up haven't you ? :) )

:D no i dont actually, i'm not being my usual over enthusiastic self, really want this to work out.

You need a group who know each other even slightly to deveople a level of trust or it willl not work at first.

well i think with the 3 of us starting this we have a good basis so, wont be happening before september i'd imagine, if we rush into it it will only be a waste for everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭scorplett

This is quite a nice idea and should be treated as exactley that right now. It also has potential to be very useful to those who use it (which would be both its success and potential failure)
    I would congratulate steve, 6th and odonnell for putting themselves out there for something you guys obviousley believe in.
    The three of you really need to sit down and put your yoda heads on to begin with. Not with regard to issues like where to have it, what day, how often, what format etc etc, but rather that of protection.
    It would not be as appropriate to vet people attending as it might be with some of the situations that I have come across in my psychic development (ie closed groups or tight networks of friends) you need to recognise the negatives of this and find soloutions before they bite you in the ass. It would be very irresponsable to open up inexperianced people psycically only to have a psychic vampire sort or, mind rapists or controllers, astral intruders, fundies of some nature or general misfits come along to disturb things, mot to mention the energy entities and thoughtforms that would be immediatley attracted. (and believe me, from personal experiance, even with precautions these things almost always happen) Needless to say, these sort of events can be totally catastrophic to a person. Also, one of the primary methods to open an individual in this way is through guided meditation and this if done in an incorrect way can also be detrimental to the development of a person spiritually and psychically.
    Weekley meetings, while terribly social is way too fast and for many is overload and not enough time to 'take it all in'
    I think it might be an idea to go along to some of the already existing groups to see how they do things, talk to their moderators facillitators etc and look deepley at these and other issues that will arise with something like this.
    If you deal with the negative and approach this with appropriate thought it can be a very valuable resource to the very people you wish to reach out to and share with.

Best of luck guys

Cheers Scorplet, both myself and steven have done a development course before, ODonnell can mention his previous sexperiences but that up to him.

We are also very lucky to have access to a very experienced person who has offered us help on this, they ran groups like this for a long time so will be able to set us on the right track if needs be.

I believe the weekly format is very important as it sets aside a regular period for meditation and gets the mind into a nice grove.

Thanks for the well wishing, any input is more than welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭odonnell

*ahem* .... my.... uh..... my previous SEXPERIENCES? hehe....ill just leave that one well alone man :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Sapien

6th wrote:
    We are also very lucky to have access to a very experienced person who has offered us help on this, they ran groups like this for a long time so will be able to set us on the right track if needs be.
    You got Mysteria!?

;)

Though I am intrigued. Anyone you might name, or describe?

Thanks for the post Scorplett, that expressed very nicely some thoughts that have been forming in my own head. I am very aware that not everyone may be suited to this group (and some may not be suited to any group but I'll just stick with just this one for now). We will be watching out very carefully for anyone we feel doesn't belong in the group, which may be for many different reasons, including their own benefit more so than ours. We do plan on some informal get-togethers before we actually get the group started to get to know each other and talk some things over, so hopefully at that stage we can also try to pre-empt any issues which may arise.

Which actually reminds me, this group is for over 18s only, it's not that we'll be sitting around drinking beer and watching scary movies or anything, it's just that there's various legal and responsibility issues that go along with organising events with minors that we don't really want to get into (I haven't discussed that with the others but I presume they're in agreement).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Well, you know that I'll make an appearance whenever I am in Ireland anyway... 6th is kinda expecting me to come along :D

stevenmu wrote:
    We do plan on some informal get-togethers before we actually get the group started to get to know each other and talk some things over, so hopefully at that stage we can also try to pre-empt any issues which may arise.

Obviously we are just checking the water now to see what the interest is and get peoples reactions. I dont think we where ever just gonna open it up and say come along before meeting people.
    stevenmu wrote:
    Which actually reminds me, this group is for over 18s only, it's not that we'll be sitting around drinking beer and watching scary movies or anything, it's just that there's various legal and responsibility issues that go along with organising events with minors that we don't really want to get into (I haven't discussed that with the others but I presume they're in agreement).

Of course, responsibility has to be at the top of the agenda here, its not something to take on lightly. (besides the meeting will be nude ... joke)

6th wrote:
    .....ODonnell can mention his previous sexperiences but that up to him.......

My best typo yet .... or did "something" make me type that?!?

Ok .... so, the topic for the first circle meeting will be cleansing

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

6th wrote:
    My best typo yet .... or did "something" make me type that?!?

Suppose Tantric Sex could be another talk for another session... :p

stevenmu wrote:
    Ok .... so, the topic for the first circle meeting will be cleansing

I think you would be better off doing shielding and grounding tbh.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Oh by the way guys, 6th already knows Im in if the times suit. Bi weekly would suit me better tho :rolleyes:

bi=weekly might suit a few people, after this weekend I'm sure there will be a get together of the 3 of us (Steven, Ed & me) to talk it through more.

Thread tidied up to keep it on topic.

Quick of the mark again Thaed :)

I can see the argument for bi-weekly alright, especially if some people are going to be travelling long distances.

(bi-weekly is every two weeks as opposed to twice a week right ?)

• Advertisement

(bi-weekly is every two weeks as opposed to twice a week right ?)[/QUOTE]

had to think about it myself!

Advertisement