Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

lazygal wrote: »
    I know there's more serious moans.

But I'm sick of being sick. I thought things might be different second time around and getting past 12 weeks would make a difference but it's dawning on me that I'm going to be just as sick the whole time on this pregnancy as I was on the last. Pity party for me. :(:(:(:(:(

Know the feeling lazygal. You'd think you'd be better prepared for it all this time, but it feels a lot worse IMO. I really hope you don't have it all the way through.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

The pins and needles has well and truly got me!! Woke up at 7 with them in my right hand/arm this morning. I wasn't even lying on that side. They keep coming and going all morning. Any one any suggestions of how to keep them away??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Thanks for all the support ladies, I'm going to talk to my mum and let her know to lay off the guilt trips and if she wants to stay then it's her choice. I really do think they were all winding me up so I need to tell her that it's just upsetting me and stressing me out.

Sorry to hear you're still sick lazy gal and pat - I'm 23 weeks and still getting sick every so often but am nauseous a lot if the time. I have also accepted that I 'll be sick throughout. I am a lot lot better than I was up to about 17 weeks so I'd say it will ease up a little bit for you and you'll be able to enjoy it a lot nore. That 13 week mark was my goal when I was in the throes if hyperemesis but it came and went with lots if getting sick! I also felt it ruined what should have been a happy time but once I could feel baby kicking and started buying baby things I felt excited again!

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

Murdy i think your right just be straight with her, and its not selfish to want your mum with you on this important and stressful time where you find your feet. If my mum was alive id want her to be with me. I think its a natural thing :D

and i think your aunt and cousin are being quiet selfish and i would call them up on it,do some role reversal see how they would feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Jennii.

Feeling so so damn sick, and have headaches too, any advice? College is starting to become such a chore,as I just don't feel up to waking up at 7 to drive in.. baby's due in June and I need to stick in college until May so I can get exams out of the way and have a free summer. Any advice would be great, I'm feeling so miserable. *puke*

• Advertisement

Jennii. wrote: »
    Feeling so so damn sick, and have headaches too, any advice? College is starting to become such a chore,as I just don't feel up to waking up at 7 to drive in.. baby's due in June and I need to stick in college until May so I can get exams out of the way and have a free summer. Any advice would be great, I'm feeling so miserable. *puke*

Know the feeling Jenni, with my son I was sitting exams at seven and eight months pregnant. Not fun. And early morning lectures and walking and waiting for Dublin Buses, it's a right pain. I find sucking hard sweets in lectures helps a little, though I found the heartburn far more irritating! As for the headaches, are you getting enough fluids? I found I was headache-y until I started drinking more water. And sadly the strongest thing we're allowed is paracetamol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I find drinking lots of water, hot water bottles on your back and doing some neck, shoulder and back stretches all helped with keeping headaches away.

I usually get them from tensed muscles or being dehydrated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

Spent a fair bit of last night empty retching.... Felt so headachey , dizzy and cold. Beyond wrecked today, still feeling not great. I thought a sleep might help but it makes me feel worse ...

Aaaaah! Why cant i just puke and get it out of my system?

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

Spent a fair bit of last night empty retching.... Felt so headachey , dizzy and cold. Beyond wrecked today, still feeling not great. I thought a sleep might help but it makes me feel worse ...

Aaaaah! Why cant i just puke and get it out of my system?

Even when you puke, the nausea does not go away... :-(

That's what made the hyperemesis the worst - no relief when you puked!!

Does anyone else have a problem with being told by people you're big/small? I went to church this morning for the first time in months (first time I could trust myself sitting there for an hour without needing to excuse myself!) and everyone kept saying how small I was for 5 months. I was saying how much weight I'd lost and that might be why (I still weigh less than I did before I got pregnant) but I'm thinking some women just show differently and that's life? I know the baby is the right size for my dates but now I can't help worrying! There was another woman there who was pregnant on her fourth and due the same week as me. She was huge!! You can't help worrying though when other women are a lot bigger. :)

• Advertisement

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    That's what made the hyperemesis the worst - no relief when you puked!!

Does anyone else have a problem with being told by people you're big/small? I went to church this morning for the first time in months (first time I could trust myself sitting there for an hour without needing to excuse myself!) and everyone kept saying how small I was for 5 months. I was saying how much weight I'd lost and that might be why (I still weigh less than I did before I got pregnant) but I'm thinking some women just show differently and that's life? I know the baby is the right size for my dates but now I can't help worrying! There was another woman there who was pregnant on her fourth and due the same week as me. She was huge!! You can't help worrying though when other women are a lot bigger. :)

Dont worry i was tiny on #1 up to 8 months ... I had healthy 6lb 11.5 oz. baby
    I only put on a stone with #1 overall

I put on more weight when i finished work & rested more...

Pat McGhee wrote: »

Even when you puke, the nausea does not go away... :-(

Grumble grumble

Dont worry i was tiny on #1 up to 8 months ... I had healthy 6lb 11.5 oz. baby
    I only put on a stone with #1 overall

I put on more weight when i finished work & rested more...

Thanks, nice to hear you had a healthy baby - I can't see myself putting on more than a stone by the end, tbh :)

After my mum gave birth to me she was slimmer than she'd been since her teens and I was 8lbs 1oz so I'm guessing it's a genetic thing - like stretch marks which I also have none of!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Thanks, nice to hear you had a healthy baby - I can't see myself putting on more than a stone by the end, tbh :)

After my mum gave birth to me she was slimmer than she'd been since her teens and I was 8lbs 1oz so I'm guessing it's a genetic thing - like stretch marks which I also have none of!

I don't think it's anything to worry bout I'm nearly 34 weeks and started loosing weight. I took awhile to start gaining too so now I'm goin backwards again. But baby is measuring a week ahead and very active every day and night. Doctor I seen the last day (fill in doc not my usual) wasn't pleased but my usual doc said it's better for me just gaining mainly baby weight as gettin back to normal will be easier for me when baby is here. I did have a day of worrying until hubby reminded me of my earlier appointments and what had been said to me

I am huge this time and getting the whole "Are you sure you have the right dates" But I was small with #1 and he was a good 7 and a half. I think people just like commenting for the sake of it. Sure look at Kate Middleton, due in July like me and only the tiniest hint of a bump. Kim Kardashian the same (the woman on the train across from me today was reading a lot of magazines, so I was snooping :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

oh my god, i'm at work and trying so hard not to cry at my desk. one of the partners called me over for something, he has a habit of mumbling, and i had to ask him twice what he was saying, he spoke back to me in the most sarcastic of tones and i effing lost it. i said ok i didn't hear you, you don't need to talk to me in that tone of voice, and he said excuse me, i was speaking louder so you could here me. so i just apologised and ran. i couldn't even stop the tears from starting, right there in the office, i'm so angry at myself for getting so upset too. stupid effing emotions. he speaks to me like this all the time, i finally stood up for myself, and it's landed me in trouble. i effing hate this. uuuughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

Loubian u poor thing, just think once u av babs that will be gone.. i was the very same as u really emotional all ud to say to me was boo nd id either attack or break down (usually both) but once i had my little man i was fine. nearly 2 weeks down nd no more tears :)

Okay weird question, but am I the only one who gets a pain in my butt when I sit for any length of time. Seriously, even on something heavily cushioned, after a few minutes my ass is killing me! If I sit down and have to get up, I actually get fearful of having to get up again because it really hurts.

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Okay weird question, but am I the only one who gets a pain in my butt when I sit for any length of time. Seriously, even on something heavily cushioned, after a few minutes my ass is killing me! If I sit down and have to get up, I actually get fearful of having to get up again because it really hurts.

Yes I get this all the time. I taught as my Ass got bigger there would be more cushion but no! It's a horrible sensation.

elly123 wrote: »
    Yes I get this all the time. I taught as my Ass got bigger there would be more cushion but no! It's a horrible sensation.

Oh my god - me too! It's horrible. Like a pain in your tailbone, I get it most when sitting up in bed. I have to get up and walk around to get rid of it. I was wondering if it was because I was getting bigger but I still weigh less then I did before getting pregnant so I'm not carrying extra weight. I wonder what on earth causes it?

• Advertisement

It's all the way to the bone, I can actually feel different bones and muscles as I move to stand up! Pregnancy, it's grand they said, not too bad they said! Féckers! I hope Aidan and R/S are thinking of everything I went through as they choose my nursing home :P :D

I wonder what on earth causes it?

I think it is something to do with progesterone and preparation for birth and hips having to be a bit more flared to do it. Pain in the ass, literally!

http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/week-by-week/week-18.aspx
    Your Body in Week 18 of Pregnancy
    Oh, my aching back! If you've uttered those words more than once this week, here's why: Your uterus, now about the size of a cantaloupe, is causing your body's center of gravity to shift, pulling the lower back forward and pushing the abdomen out (so now everyone can see that you’re pregnant!). On top of all that, joint-loosening pregnancy hormones are wreaking havoc on your muscles and ligaments, adding up to one big ouch!

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Yep have had it for ages. If I 'm sitting on the couch a while and get up my ass is in agony. Really weird. I think maybe we use different muscles ??!! My OH gets a good laugh seeing me try to get up.

Progesterone has a lot to answer for!

I have the what to expect app on my phone and this week it's talking about carpal tunnel syndrome and shooting nerve sensitivity in the wrist if you use a computer a lot. I play pc games a good bit and I've been getting that - didn't occur to me it was pregnancy related. It seems if just affects you in every way possible, doesn't it?

Progesterone has a lot to answer for!

I have the what to expect app on my phone and this week it's talking about carpal tunnel syndrome and shooting nerve sensitivity in the wrist if you use a computer a lot. I play pc games a good bit and I've been getting that - didn't occur to me it was pregnancy related. It seems if just affects you in every way possible, doesn't it?

It really does!!
    I'm 36 weeks and over the weekend I was hit massively with heartburn bad enough to wake me, pins and needles in my right hand only, the mid back ache around my rib cage on the right I've have since about 30 weeks but I'm now experiencing a burning sensation around top of bump on right side and my bump is quite low. The burning sensation has something to do with the muscles been stretched and the ribs expanding! The only thing that helps is getting down on all fours using the ball. Thank god the end is near!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

It really does!!
    I'm 36 weeks and over the weekend I was hit massively with heartburn bad enough to wake me, pins and needles in my right hand only, the mid back ache around my rib cage on the right I've have since about 30 weeks but I'm now experiencing a burning sensation around top of bump on right side and my bump is quite low. The burning sensation has something to do with the muscles been stretched and the ribs expanding! The only thing that helps is getting down on all fours using the ball. Thank god the end is near!!!

I have the burning too it's no the ribs high up on top of the bump. I heard its ment to be the muscles between the ribs inflamed from baby pushing a lot on them iv had it along time now

I feel like I'm about to turn into a fire breathing dragon most days with heartburn, but I had horrible gastric issues before, but nothing as bad as this, thank goodness for dairy, the only thing I found helps me.

Progesterone is the root of all evil as far as I am concerned MW. Morning sickness, sore boobs, sore hips/butts, I am not a fan.

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    I feel like I'm about to turn into a fire breathing dragon most days with heartburn, but I had horrible gastric issues before, but nothing as bad as this, thank goodness for dairy, the only thing I found helps me.

Progesterone is the root of all evil as far as I am concerned MW. Morning sickness, sore boobs, sore hips/butts, I am not a fan.

Definitely the root of all evil :) I'm also big on the dairy, when I was really bad with the ms milk was one of the only things that I could take and now that I'm getting really acidic I'm eating a lot of rice pudding! I made bread and butter pudding for dessert tonight and ate most of it myself - it was delicious and so soothing! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Is anyone else having severe neck and head pain? It's probably due to the way i sit in work and bad pillows (even though i bought a new foam pillow at the weekend). I was just wondering if any one else if having it, or if it's something i should go to the doctor for? I know they won't be able to give me anything other than paracetemol but it's getting so irritating now, it's been going on for about three weeks. I hope it doesn't last for the whole pregnancy.. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

anyones sides going numb when lying on your side at night? then im getting a burning sensation from my thigh :P its interrupting my sleep

Advertisement