Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If You Could Change One Thing About Ireland...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

*Rabble Rabble Rabble* something about Listowel *rabble rabble rabble*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

force all west brits to go away to their motherland and let the rest of us get on with it without ever hearing phrases like "well that's just a bit irish isn't it"

of course it is. that's why we are irish, and live here. now piss off!

I'd make using the phrase "west Brit" punishable by a good slap in the chops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 de_mirelurk

I'd round off the points of all those sticky out bits around the coast. Those things will take someone's eye out one of these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

ABORTIONS FOR ALL!

Yes, with a termination available up until the foetus is 16 years old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭g-whizz

ban all religion. if you want to practice religion move to jerusalem.

and Im not bein racist now, but I dont want my grandchildren learning about muhammad in school

sectarian is the one you're looking for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

The problem with Ireland is there's no fear of the law and the consequences.

Bring back physical punishment for crimes, whipping and the like for anti-social behaviour. Proper punishment reflecting the impact of crimes. Drug dealers, get a death sentence just as they handed out to their customers/addicts.

Do that and everything else falls into place.
    Corruption disappears when people fear that they can't buy their way out of justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

the weather...it's terrible
    +1

This country is just too bleedin' wet and it gets us all down. Not even better weather, just more reliable weather; warmer and drier in the summer in exchange for colder and wetter in the winter. Sometimes we have all four seasons in one day and it's just impossible to plan for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Moaners

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

ABORTIONS FOR ALL!

BOOOO!!

Ok, Abortions for noone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Introduce Sharia Law! FTW!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I'd replace the government with a dictatorship headed by me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

MORE WATER

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

ABORTIONS FOR ALL!!!
    BOO!!
    Ok, Abortions for noone!
    BOO!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Ok, abortions for noone
    Mackman wrote: »
    BOO!!!!

Ok, abortions for some. Miniature American flags for others!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

NothingMan wrote: »
    Ok, abortions for some. Miniature American flags for others!

YAY!!

*waves miniature american flag*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭IRockUrSocks

The problem with Ireland is there's no fear of the law and the consequences.

Bring back physical punishment for crimes, whipping and the like for anti-social behaviour. Proper punishment reflecting the impact of crimes. Drug dealers, get a death sentence just as they handed out to their customers/addicts.

Do that and everything else falls into place.
    Corruption disappears when people fear that they can't buy their way out of justice.

I think Irish society are too afraid of the law to be honest. We're robots, programmed to dive for our seat belt if a Gard is spotted (not that I condone not wearing a seat belt, but I was just making an example). We're afraid of everything, Europe is, in general. London is the most watched city in the world - Big Brother style and it's sickening.

There's no privacy, no liberty anymore. In fact, the Illuminati have Ireland high on their lists of successful planning if they are to succeed in fitting the worlds population with chips in the future - sure, we're Irish, we'd volunteer.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,108 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Change Bono and Geldof's citizenship, and let them **** off to Britain and lecture Britain on where their tax money should be spent, oh, but they're doing that anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

I'd get rid of all the leeching foreigners.

Send them back to Nigeria, Romania or wherever the **** they're from.

That should sort out our problem's.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

I heard someone on the radio (they must be right!) say that our national psyche is that we feel that this country doesn't belong to us.

Its like back in the day when our (nationalist) politicians went to parliament to grab whatever goodies they could from the brits.
    We still feel like were just renting when we actually paid off the mortgage 90 years ago but were still putting holes in the wall and breaking the window to get into our own house.

We've got keys for gods sake! And take responsibility

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

If I could change anything I would change the weather.I would make everyday be like one of the nice summer days we get here ocassionaly.

If I was restricted to natural powers,I would change the drinking laws which we have.I would make it possible to drink at anytime of the day.Bars should be allowed open for a certain amount of time,regardless of what that time period is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

bring back the nightly rosary. we were all ok when the BVM was running things :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

Firstly, I'd install some meaning full sense of national pride and ownership of this land.... maybe a year of national service in the RESERVE defence forces... not full national service. Just something to straighten a few people up and help out the government here and there etc...

Then... I'd take every drug dealer, skanger, scum bag and degenerate (few that they are) who give Ireland a bad name and put them on a little raft and push them out to sea.

Then take all the dole money saved by doing the above and invest it in culture. Finally, I'd try to reinstall some of our language. It's not stupid or anything. It;s actually quite a great language. Would be better than us speaking West British all the time. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

It'd be a great country .....if it weren't the natives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

I'd get rid of all the leeching foreigners.

Send them back to Nigeria, Romania or wherever the **** they're from.

Personally I'd get rid of Xenophobes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭An tSaoi

ArseBurger wrote: »
    sterilise everyone with an IQ lower than 100.

100 is the average IQ, so if you sterlised everyone under 100, then the currently average people would be at the bottom of the scale, and the 100 position would shift. Then you'd have to sterilise everyone under the new 100, which would be most people, and so forth until no-one was left alive except one person.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

An tSaoi wrote: »
    100 is the average IQ, so if you sterlised everyone under 100, then the currently average people would be at the bottom of the scale, and the 100 position would shift. Then you'd have to sterilise everyone under the new 100, which would be most people, and so forth until no-one was left alive except one person.

Eventually, you'd have just 1 person left. It would solve a lot of problems.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Swap our politicians for statesmen who are more interested in the future of the country than getting relected no mater the cost to future generations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Remove multiculturalism :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

I'd suggest scrapping the Leaving Cert .....Also, I'd tear up the laws regarding the sale of alcohol at certain times......an architectural display within inner city skyscrapers that would highlight a modern Ireland.

Thats three things. Why are the rest of us only allowed one ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

I'd change the influence of British tabloid newspaper culture.
    How can anyone in this country call themselves a die-hard Liverpool, United, chelsea fan - its pathetic.
    also, I don't care what cock Jordan is sucking this week. I don't care about maddie McCann, i don't care about Johnny Wilkinson. I'll read about them in the world news section, i don't want 10 pages of gouger to get there.

Advertisement