Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If You Could Change One Thing About Ireland...

Options
  • 18-12-2009 3:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

What would it be?

No matter how complex or irrelevant it may be...personally, I'd suggest scrapping the Leaving Cert and basing academic performances of students on attendance records and assignments throughout the year and not solely on one weeks exams.

Also, I'd tear up the laws regarding the sale of alcohol at certain times. Perhaps this ruckus we're used to reading about on Saturday nights are outcomes of the crappy nightlife laws.

And, because of Fianna Fails useless and corrupt planning policies, Dublin is now a city of infinite housing estates, instead of an architectural display within inner city skyscrapers that would highlight a modern Ireland.

Your inputs?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭qt9ukbg60ivjrn

the weather...it's terrible

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

More interest in our football teams

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

connect this island to the continent .

thank you for your thanks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Saltour Sossiez

I'd get rid of all the leeching foreigners.

Send them back to Nigeria, Romania or wherever the **** they're from.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

force all west brits to go away to their motherland and let the rest of us get on with it without ever hearing phrases like "well that's just a bit irish isn't it"

of course it is. that's why we are irish, and live here. now piss off!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

get the brits out!

have a republic, but let the unionists have their marches, thats about the only culture they have, correct me if im wrong? they'd still be living in their country, they dont have to move, nothing would change for them, the soil would still be the same soil. england doesnt give a **** about them, theyre just holding onto some romantic idea of history, and its all they have to look forward to every year.

and what i mean by 'brits out' is getting the british governments hands of this island.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

What would it be?

No matter how complex or irrelevant it may be...personally, I'd suggest scrapping the Leaving Cert and basing academic performances of students on attendance records and assignments throughout the year and not solely on one weeks exams.

Also, I'd tear up the laws regarding the sale of alcohol at certain times. Perhaps this ruckus we're used to reading about on Saturday nights are outcomes of the crappy nightlife laws.

And, because of Fianna Fails useless and corrupt planning policies, Dublin is now a city of infinite housing estates, instead of an architectural display within inner city skyscrapers that would highlight a modern Ireland.

Your inputs?
    That's three things. Stop cheating. :D

I'd get rid of Jedward.

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Blasphemy laws?

God-damn c**ts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭IRockUrSocks

Duddy wrote: »
    Blasphemy laws?

God-damn c**ts

I must also, for the record, point out that I'd be 100% against religion being a part of the academic agenda in schools. I read a survey where nearly half of the Irish population believed humans walked with dinosaurs. Evolution is a must, an integral part of our development if we are to advance as a society and I didn't so much as get a whiff of any of it in school.

I thought the days of the Church running Ireland were over?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,705 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

If I could change one thing, I'd put U and I toge.....

Sorry....what was the question?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

the lazyiness of people who'll never bother to actually try and change things

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead would change the I to an M so that the country would be called Mreland aka Mysteryland. Mystery is way better than Ire.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

There's too much that needs to be changed. From the corrupt c*nts we call a government, to the arsehole bouncers and sh!t DJs that ruin a good weekend.

F*ck it, I'm emigrating. There's nothing here for me anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,705 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Pighead wrote: »
    Pighead would change the I to an M so that the country would be called Mreland aka Mysteryland. Mystery is way better than Ire.
    O
    M
    G

Pighead, that is the single funniest and most constructive post I have ever seen you make!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭IRockUrSocks

the lazyiness of people who'll never bother to actually try and change things

Yup, but sure, we're Irish, we'll vote Fianna Fail again. The thing is, the opposition aren't really offering anything better except disagreeing with everything the Government are saying...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

ABORTIONS FOR ALL!

Yup, but sure, we're Irish, we'll vote Fianna Fail again. The thing is, the opposition aren't really offering anything better except disagreeing with everything the Government are saying...

true true lets start a new party right now just to spite them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

true true lets start a new party right now just to spite them

After Hours beers in the Dáil?

sweet the bar is subsidised there. cheap drinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

actually this would be it if I was to pick one thing.

ban all religion. if you want to practice religion move to jerusalem.

and Im not bein racist now, but I dont want my grandchildren learning about muhammad in school, they should be reading stories about fionn mc cool!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Intothesea

Most shades of the cute-hoor mentality.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Neonjack

I'd ban people who say things like 'no offence meant', but then insult you, or people who say 'I'm not being racist, but...'.

Neonjack wrote: »
    I'd ban people who say things like 'no offence meant', but then insult you, or people who say 'I'm not being racist, but...'.

Or people who say "it's nothing to do with me but"

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭ArseBurger

I'd get rid of all the leeching foreigners.

Send them back to Nigeria, Romania or wherever the **** they're from.

I'd deport people like you and rip up your passports.

Oh - and sterilise everyone with an IQ lower than 100.

And use skangers as clay pigeons.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The general grammar and spelling of the population is shocking. I'd address that first and organise a mass cull of text speakers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I'd hang all them pricks that shook hands with the fella done for sexual assault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

If I could change one thing about Ireland I would make every single politican dissappear and let the smart people with a brain run the country atleast then they would probably sort out the poxy recession better then the fat cats who are just taking care of themselves and their buddies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I'd bring back the snakes and let them loose on paddys day. it'd be like the bull run in spain, except weith drunken passed out people getting swallowed over the course of 2 hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

ABORTIONS FOR ALL!

BOOOO!!

:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

People's attitudes

Almost everyone is negative and pessimistic about every single thing

Irony!
    People constantly moan about things, but do nothing to address them

On Paddy's day everyone arses around town off their heads, rantin about bein proud to be Irish. The same people who say fxck Irish, it's a dead language, and prob think Cú Chulainn is a rapper

Advertisement