Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooking club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

ryange wrote: »
    Can I join the cooking club please.

Yes, of course you can :)

Week Ten is up!

I'm next up, I'll be heading out to get my ingredients together in the morning, then making it and taking pictures as I go, I should have it posted by Lunchtime, as I plan on having it for lunch.

:)

Week 11 is up
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

How did I not see this before? Sign me up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Week 12 is up enjoy :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 barby_

Hi all!
    Can I join the group?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,192 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Is there a list of all the CC recipes so far. I wouldn' mind looking over,

or even still, Khannie or somebody will know this, has there been any high protein meals. I'm getting board with omelets. Last night I had spicy chicken breast with two boiled eggs, onions, mushrooms, lettuce and vinaigrette (fat free)

And before somebody suggests, steak or chicken brest with XXXX. I'm looking for mostly protein, chicken/beef with rice/pasta/noodles/certain veg/couscous etc doesn't cut it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Mellor wrote: »
    Is there a list of all the CC recipes so far. I wouldn' mind looking over
    LOL. Checking the first page of this thread might be a good start. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,192 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Iphone brought me to the last, was easier to ask than go back and check (obv not if i knew it was 1st)

Doesn't look to be many protein dinners there

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Mellor wrote: »
    Iphone brought me to the last, was easier to ask than go back and check (obv not if i knew it was 1st)

Doesn't look to be many protein dinners there

Well it's not really what we're aiming for.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

• Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Can I join the cooking club please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

Hi all, this is such a good idea, can I join please??!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Altentop

Hi
    This is a great idea, is it too late to join?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Next week's will be up on Monday evening, in case anyone has itchy cooking fingers in the morning and starts to panic at the lack of recipe :).

Week 14 is up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

I think it'd be good to have the recipe title as part of the thread title in future -like it's kept in the first post this thread.

Just because when you get the email updates on the individual threads you have to try and figure put which recipe the poster is talking about.

I think as the year (years?!) goes on it'll be more difficult to keep track -especially when people are falling behind (or just saving the recipe for sometime, like Easter :)) or, people are just doing dishes they fancy whenever they get the chance.

I was gonna suggest that too. When you're subscribed to all the recipe threads it gets a little confusing to know which is which when viewing the Control Panel.

I can go through all the threads now and do that.

But I like the surprise of opening the new threads.:D

How about we keep it as is, but when the next week's recipe goes up a mod can edit the title of the previous week to include the name of the dish?

I notice they've started a splinter group over in the V&V forum :D

• Advertisement

Des, thanks for doing that :). Not sure we need to have the thread starter in the title though, seeing as it's listed under the title.

Faith wrote: »
    Not sure we need to have the thread starter in the title though, seeing as it's listed under the title.
    Yeah there's no need for the user's name.

I'll edit them tomorrow. Too much effort tonight!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,363 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I've never subscribed to a forum or thread on boards...
    Apart from email updates, what are the advantages of doing so?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

When you check your CP, you are aware of which threads have been updated since your last visit/post.

...and also instead of navigating the menu at the top like this

Rec --> Food & Drink --> Cooking Recipes

you can just go

Subbed --> "List of all forums you are subscribed to"

That makes it much easier for me, I like to visit a fair number of forums, and I have a handy list from which to do so. Also, in that list, if a Forum has a new post/thread it gets a little * beside it.

I like to get email updates for all threads I'm subbed to as soon as a new post arrives, this is handy both because I'm a Moderator and also, when I was in work, I could read replies to posts without actually being logged into Boards.

Right, I contacted miap last week about putting a recipe up, but he/she never replied and has failed to put up a recipe. Bear with me!

...And the fantastic Hill Billy has filled in at extremely short notice. Week 15 is now up. Thanks HB!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

My pleasure... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

BTW - I think that Des should do well on this as he's had a copy of my cook book (from whence the recipe came) for some time now.

Des - I've re-titled my cook book as "Prick with a Fork". :D

Advertisement