Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US: 4x12 - "The Getaway" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Options
  • 14-12-2009 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭

Well folks, the time we've been all been waiting for is here. I cannot wait to watch this episode and have very high expectations for it - unfortunately, life, work, etc is getting in the way and I won't get to watch it until much later...

TV.com summary:

(I've spoilered a specific part in case anybody wonders into the thread a bit too early... Be warned though, once people do watch the episode, there will be plenty of spoilers found here)
    The final challenge between Dexter and Arthur comes.
    Debra finds out a long hidden truth.
    Rita admits that her marriage is troubled. Batista's and LaGuerta's relationship must face consequences.

http://www.tv.com/dexter/the-getaway/episode/1310981/summary.html?tag=ep_guide;summary

And once again, public poll :).

What did you think of 4x12, "The Getaway"? 121 votes

Excellent.
    0%
    Very good.
    74%
    nothingSimiBlueDrax][cEMAN**Pepe LeFritsMr EOur man in Havanas8nTöpherTouchingVirusAmzjor elZillahbizmarkpeterk19TzetzeOrionEKRIUQixoylordgoat 90 votes
    Meh. Yes, meh...
    23%
    regiNeil3030Mossy Monkphoenix2181Chad ghostalNichololasthe magicianSoulessSherifupwdHavermeyerAuverssweetieOctavarIanmissingtimeDuggy747Jay RugoodolegillAmtmannFearDark 28 votes
    Bad, really, really bad.
    1%
    evil_seedYitzhak Rabin 2 votes
    Craptacular.
    0%
    ozt9vdujny3srf 1 vote
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Very good.
    Drinking time is almost upon me here. Shall report back later! Hope a great season can finish on a high :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Craptacular.
    Holy Shit.

If part of mitchells cycle is killing a 10 year old boy so the boy stays innocent, then why would he leave dexters kid sitting in a pool of blood?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,466 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Very good.
    Plain and simple : revenge.

Terrific episode, and an absolute knockout ending.
    What a great series. How are they going to top that for season 5?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Very good.
    20mins through, and i gotta go to work, i knew starting watching was a bad idea...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

Very good.
    unbelieveable. Really wasn't expecting that.
    Is there deffo going to be a season 5, yeah? Would be a twisted way to end the show!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Meh. Yes, meh...
    I don't believe the ending. She said she saw the moon so when could Lithgow have found the time and away from Dexter's notice? Also it was in that same haze that flashbacks occur.
    If the start of next season was "It was all a dream," it would be one of the most annoying and ludicrous things ever. No.

Sad ending

pwd wrote: »
    If the start of next season was "It was all a dream," it would be one of the most annoying and ludicrous things ever. No.

Sad ending
    Yeah I went back and watched it again and deleted my post. Thanks for quoting it though! :mad: :D

Meh. Yes, meh...
    Holy Shit.

If part of mitchells cycle is killing a 10 year old boy so the boy stays innocent, then why would he leave dexters kid sitting in a pool of blood?
    I think this was more about dealing with Dexter than his cycle. Leaving his kid leaves him with something to worry about. Killing him would leave Dexter with nothing but revenge

Meh. Yes, meh...
    Yeah I went back and watched it again and deleted my post. Thanks for quoting it though! :mad: :D
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Very good.
    I gotta admit, considering all of the thoughts going around about this, and the idea that this might happen, and even with all the whining about her, it was still a very emotional ending to see her there.

To be honest, I don't even wanna think about another series just yet. That image has to sink in first. Damn that was good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Very good.
    Jesus i was just thinking to myself that the ending with Arthur was very convenient and easy but then....Didnt see that coming :eek:

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Meh. Yes, meh...
    I actually opened this thread after Dex killed Arthur and got the spoiler before I saw it.

I was expecting it to be ahappy ending.

However I probably missed something as these things always go over my head but wasn't Rita in a taxi on her way to the airport to go the Keys?

how did Trinity know where she was going and then bring her back to the house?
    Can we be sure it was even Trinity that did it?

I think this is going to revealed to be all in Dex's head to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,466 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Very good.
    Holy Shit.

If this was your reaction to the episode, can I ask why you voted "Bad, really really bad"? (Its a public poll)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Very good.
    Mind = Blown

Great episode! Great season

But,
    Who killed Rita?
    I'm trying to work out how trinity had the time to get her, since he was driving around all day and Dex seemed to be on his tail from early in the day. Guess it was during the mitchell home invasion. Bathtub is his MO, so i guess it has to be him. Might be a bit more interesting if it was suggested it wasnt trinity and leave season 5 open to the next serial killer as being Rita's murderer.

Never liked Rita though i did kinda warm up to her in this season but I dont think ill miss her. Dexters family life is just filler for me and im not completely interested in this whole side story, so im a little wary of how season 5 will play out since its obvious now that most of the filler side of the season will be about how dexter juggles 3 kids while maintaining his night work. Im sure Debra will play mommy to the kids.

Meh. Yes, meh...
    I think it's the police Chief, the guy that wanted to fire LaGeurta and Angel. Seems their little romance side plot was actually to get him back into the series.

Something about him doesn't seem right, he also had one of those "tv faces" after Deb left him that implies he knows a lot more about Dexter than previously thought.

Personally speaking, I think it was he, along with Harry, that decided Miami is overrun with scum and normal police work cannot sort out the mess.
    So when they found Dexter they decided that they'd mould him into a serial killer that targets the city's vile muderers.
    So dex grows up and everything works great. However the police chief(what's his name again) has noticed that dexter's admirable work has gotten sloppy of late. The reason? Rita.

So he kills her. Maybe not him personally but one of his minions. He kills her in the manner of the Trinity so as to have Rita's murder open and shut.
    Now Dexter can return to be the efficent killer he once was.

But that's not all. He knows Dexter won't be around forever. So he leaves Harrison in exactly the same bloody situation as young Dex. It would have been impossible for Arthur Mitchell to know the circumstances of Dex's mother's death.
    The reason? So Harrison can fit snugly into Dex's shoes when the time is right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Craptacular.
    Mr E wrote: »
    If this was your reaction to the episode, can I ask why you voted "Bad, really really bad"? (Its a public poll)

I was a bit raw at the time, found the end a bit shocking :P.

It was more a reaction to what had happened then the quality of the ep Twas a very good ep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Meh. Yes, meh...
    It gets more depressing if you imagine Trinity and Rita in the bathtub, Trinity probably telling her all about her beloved husband's secret life, baby crying on the floor, then killing her in her ultimate despair.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

Very good.
    Interesting theory JT.

A brilliant episode, it capped off a fantastic series, possibly the best. I can't imagine how showtime will be able to improve on this, hopefully season 5 will be of the same standard.

Meh. Yes, meh...
    OctavarIan wrote: »
    It gets more depressing if you imagine Trinity and Rita in the bathtub, Trinity probably telling her all about her beloved husband's secret life, baby crying on the floor, then killing her in her ultimate despair.

lol, I wouldn't dwell on it too much.
    It's fiction AFAIK. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

Very good.
    Wow the end to a terrific season did not disappoint. I like the way the writers aren't saving up potential story lines and are just pushing everything out there. Lots of stuff to think about. Who will look after the kids? Someone said Deb but she is nearly as busy as Dexter. Harrison still has a lot of growing up to do but just because he had similar circumstances to Dexter will he have a dark passenger. I hope Dexter continues for another season but I really really dont want to see it messed up like lots of other shows I have loved have been

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Very good.
    jayteecork wrote: »
    It's fiction AIFAK. :rolleyes:

AIFAK?

As i far a know?:rolleyes:

Meh. Yes, meh...
    lordgoat wrote: »
    AIFAK?

As i far a know?:rolleyes:

lol, was in the process of editing it but you got me before I finished!

Meh. Yes, meh...
    jayteecork wrote: »
    It's fiction AFAIK. :rolleyes:

My thoughts are quite morbid :P

I'm not sad that she's gone though, her death kicks up a ****storm for Dexter in season 5, assuming the writers do a good job with it. I like angry cornered Dexter more than family man Dexter.

Has anyone read the alternate ending? It's embarrassingly bad!

OctavarIan wrote: »
    Has anyone read the alternate ending? It's embarrassingly bad!
    Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Very good.
    WOW! What an episode,and what an ending. Didn't see that coming at all until Rita left the message saying she forgot the plane tickets and had to go back to the house for them. Then I knew she was screwed. Must have been just plain bad luck,walking in to get the tickets and Arthur had probably just arrived.

The final scene was just shocking,Harrison sitting there in the blood and Rita in the bathtub.It took a few minutes for it to settle in. Throughout the entire episode I thought it would be Deb who would be killed since Trinity went to Dexter's old apartment.

Overall this was a fantastic season,especially compared to season 3. John Lithgow was brilliant and has to get an emmy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Before i go on. Can someone answer this question

Why was dexter scared, How could deb finding out they were brothers would link to dexter being a serial killer. I must be missing something obvious

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Very good.
    wow.....

Meh. Yes, meh...
    SDTimeout wrote: »
    Before i go on. Can someone answer this question

Why was dexter scared, How could deb finding out they were brothers would link to dexter being a serial killer. I must be missing something obvious

Well it means he's the biological brother of the Ice Truck Killer and also had the same traumatic experience as a child.

Makes sense that they'd have a lot in common.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Matthews did say that brian was too badly affected by it, Yet dexter was " alright " for adoption.

Advertisement