Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Worst car of the decade

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Busta Hyman

fiat_multipla.jpg
    Ladies and gentlemen i give you the fiat multipla. Inspired by a fat bird in tight hipster jeans aka "a muffin top" truley hideous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

Ladies and gentlemen i give you the fiat multipla.

Best car of the decade, but the decade was the 90s. I bought mine in 2000, and it was out a while then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

fiat_multipla.jpg
    Ladies and gentlemen i give you the fiat multipla. Inspired by a fat bird in tight hipster jeans aka "a muffin top" truley hideous

Looks are an acquired taste yes, but the Multipla is far from the worst car of the decade, even in boring facelift form

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Multipla is certainly ugly but it's a brilliant car. Has to be driven to be understood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Busta Hyman

but to drive it is to be INSIDE the fat bird in tight jeans

• Advertisement

but to drive it is to be INSIDE the fat bird in tight jeans

But she has a heart of gold.

Okay, I'll stop now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

This seems to have devolved into a cars I don't like thread, rather than worst car of the decade thread.

The Multipla, while hideous to look at, had more room inside than most 3bed semis of the same year, a decent safety rating, 4 star, if I remember correctly, decent engine and a bit of go in it, and fairly lively.

Someone mentioned Toyota saloons, the may be a bit bland to look at, and not hugely interesting to drive, but that wasn't their aim. It was to produce a car to sell to the masses, which they did.

Now, worst car to me would have to be badly put together, spec'ed, priced, safety rated, etc.

For that, I'll have to go for a Rangerover Vogue.

Ugly, pointlessly overpriced, spec pretty poor for the price paid, can't remember the NCAP at the moment, sheer pointlessness as most would never see the kind of use it was intended for.

Someone mentioned Toyota saloons, the may be a bit bland to look at, and not hugely interesting to drive, but that wasn't their aim. It was to produce a car to sell to the masses, which they did.

Now, worst car to me....

Present.

Toyotas are the most cynically put together cars on the road. I don't hate them for no reason. They have few redeemable features aside from reliability.

Just cos Toyota realised that there was an enormous market for bland people who couldn't care less what ball of unrefined awfulness they drove as long as it doesn't cost them money to fix doesn't mean it's a good car. In other words, they shouldn't be commended for crimes against style because they stuck to a brief.

It's this cynicism that I find objectionable. It's like they're laughing up their sleeve at their customers.

So how do we define a "bad" car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Mr.David

Now, worst car to me would have to be badly put together, spec'ed, priced, safety rated, etc.

For that, I'll have to go for a Rangerover Vogue.

Ugly, pointlessly overpriced, spec pretty poor for the price paid, can't remember the NCAP at the moment, sheer pointlessness as most would never see the kind of use it was intended for.

Get out! :rolleyes:

Ugly is subjective - most wouldnt agree, unreliable - yes I'll give you that. Its very safe so no points there, and it has plenty of purpose. Very luxurious, sumptous ride, unmatched off road.

Worst car of the decade? Really? A RR is worse than a City Rover?

Worst expensive/luxury car of the decade - Lexus SC430.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

cantdecide wrote: »
    Present.

Toyotas are the most cynically put together cars on the road. I don't hate them for no reason. They have few redeemable features aside from reliability.

Just cos Toyota realised that there was an enormous market for bland people who couldn't care less what ball of unrefined awfulness they drove as long as it doesn't cost them money to fix doesn't mean it's a good car. In other words, they shouldn't be commended for crimes against style because they stuck to a brief.

It's this cynicism that I find objectionable. It's like they're laughing up their sleeve at their customers.

Depends on ones financial status really doesnt it? Most folks need their car to start in the morning to take them to work.
    Im not going to buy a lovely looking car thats known to have reoccurring problems because i couldnt be bothered with the financial burden & general stress that would be involved in running the thing.
    People that drive around in exotic or unusual cars often have a second back-up car because their loaded.
    Good for them, but i couldnt afford that.

For those of us in the real world, reliability is the priority.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,994 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Mr.David wrote: »
    Worst expensive/luxury car of the decade - Lexus SC430.

LOL - yeah remember when they came out first, you saw them everywhere. And a year or so later they were all gone. Presumably sold into the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭alias no.9

cantdecide wrote: »
    Present.

You might have a point there, some cars have aspirations, they fail miserably in the execution but they were trying to be something, Toyotas are everything they were intended to be. Some marques are limited by their technical ability and finances, Toyota are limited only by their ambition, or lack thereof.

Advertisement