Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GT 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭sockpuppets

really not enjoying the driving physics with this car. its really loose. forza 3 plays much better then this shi!e

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

robbie_998 wrote: »
    this car is a pain in the ass !!!

It likes to snap at you when you exit a corner alright but you get used to it. Attack the corners, lift off the accelerator and point it in the direction you want to go, power on and then counter-steer as the rear gets out of shape. Best way to do it rather then creeping around slowly!
    really not enjoying the driving physics with this car. its really loose. forza 3 plays much better then this shi!e

Forza is nowhere near the level of finesse that GT attests to. Physics are accurate here. GT is a sim, keep that in mind. Forza is a driving game, that treats you with kid gloves. I love Forza, but GT is a whole other level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

It likes to snap at you when you exit a corner alright but you get used to it. Attack the corners, lift off the accelerator and point it in the direction you want to go, power on and then counter-steer as the rear gets out of shape. Best way to do it rather then creeping around slowly!

Whats your time in the tuned car ?

i managed a 1:43 and the leader is 1:36/1:37

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭sockpuppets

Forza is nowhere near the level of finesse that GT attests to. Physics are accurate here. GT is a sim, keep that in mind. Forza is a driving game, that treats you with kid gloves. I love Forza, but GT is a whole other level.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i understand what you are saying, but im speaking purely from an enjoyment perspective, its great that gran turismo puts so much work into the simulation side of racing games, but it can be extremely frustrating to play, where as forza is easier to just pick up and play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

once you get into it and figure out where to brake etc. its really good. driving the normal car is the best way to improve for anyone thats having trouble. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭imeddyhobbs

Anyone know how to that retarded ghost car in the time trial?

Yeah i understand what you are saying, but im speaking purely from an enjoyment perspective, its great that gran turismo puts so much work into the simulation side of racing games, but it can be extremely frustrating to play, where as forza is easier to just pick up and play

That's why GT has always had the tag "The real driving simulator". You wouldn't buy Microsoft Flight Simulator and complain that it's not as fun as Ace Combat, would you? :)
    Whats your time in the tuned car ?

i managed a 1:43 and the leader is 1:36/1:37

I think mine is a 1:40. My name is the same as on boards so you can check it on the leaderboard. I was 35th or something earlier, and 34th on the "normal" car, though frustratingly I managed to shave 2 seconds off my time earlier before dumping the car on the second last corner. D'oh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

I think mine is a 1:40. My name is the same as on boards so you can check it on the leaderboard. I was 35th or something earlier, and 34th on the "normal" car, though frustratingly I managed to shave 2 seconds off my time earlier before dumping the car on the second last corner. D'oh!

im ahead of you :P

That is all :cool:

im ahead of you :P

That is all :cool:

It's on, when I get a chance again.

THAT is all. :cool:

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭imeddyhobbs

can that ghost car be turned off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I always forget how amazingly unforgiving these games are when I havnt played them for a while :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I forgot how bad i was at Gran Turismo....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Had a few go's at it last night. Definately needing some practice. Good fun though considering what it is

can that ghost car be turned off?

press up on the D-pad.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I forgot how bad i was at Gran Turismo....

Me 2,shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Forza is nowhere near the level of finesse that GT attests to. Physics are accurate here. GT is a sim, keep that in mind. Forza is a driving game, that treats you with kid gloves. I love Forza, but GT is a whole other level.

Says the man who doesn't have a license to drive? I mean really, what do these guys know anyway? Have you played both games with a wheel out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭pulpfictionost

wuhoo:D, im eighteenth in ireland so far, --my name is PR1VATEJ0KER
    just got a 1'38.316 in the tuned and a 1'51.662 in the stock

im usin the sticks tho, evry1 posting good times seems to b using the wheel,
    except AlanG184

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

wuhoo:D, im eighteenth in ireland so far, --my name is PR1VATEJ0KER
    just got a 1'38.316 in the tuned and a 1'51.662 in the stock

im usin the sticks tho, evry1 posting good times seems to b using the wheel,
    except AlanG184

Fair play thats a great time. After a few hours of driving with the DFGT ive managed a 1:39, think im 40 odd, probably in the 50s. Ive absolutely zero chance of getting anywhere in the top 20 but the game is absolutely amazing.

For those of you who love driving games, you simply have to get a wheel. I bought the DFGT in Argos the other day and it completely transforms Gran Turismo, its like a different game. You feel every bump, every change in road surface and you can feel exactly when your beginning to lose grip. Amazing.

Hopefully we get some Irish into the final stages of the competition. Good Luck to all

macpac26 wrote: »

For those of you who love driving games, you simple have to get a wheel. I bought the DFGT in Argos the other day and it completely transforms Gran Turismo, its like a different game. You feel every bump, every change in road surface and you can feel exactly when your beginning to lose grip. Amazing.

Hopefully we get some Irish into the final stages of the competition. Good Luck to all

How much did you pay for that out of interest?The gfs nephew is looking for one for christmas

jackncoke wrote: »
    How much did you pay for that out of interest?The gfs nephew is looking for one for christmas

Argos have it for €120 - bit pricey i know but IMO its totally worth it.

• Advertisement

macpac26 wrote: »
    Argos have it for €120 - bit pricey i know but IMO its totally worth it.

Dunno,Id rather have the €120 for petrol money :D

Is there cheaper ones out there that would suit him?I dont think she's gonna splash out that cash

jackncoke wrote: »
    Dunno,Id rather have the €120 for petrol money :D

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

That's why GT has always had the tag "The real driving simulator". You wouldn't buy Microsoft Flight Simulator and complain that it's not as fun as Ace Combat, would you? :)

Yeah, but there are more realistic flight sims on the market than MS Flight Sim, just because it says the real flight simulator does not mean a tap.

There is Over G fighters, its more realistic than the arcade Ace Combat but the physics in Over G can be all over the place at times.

Back to diving games, between GT and Forza, to me Forza 1 and 2 felt exactly like all the other GT games, stiff rigid on rails type of thing. Forza 3 feels alot more natural like this latest GT demo. yeah Forza 3 treats you with kid gloves with all the assists on, thake them off and it's as brutal as the newest GT.

The comparison of MS:FS : Ace Combat = GT : Forza is way off the mark.

MS:FS : Ace Combat is more like GT/Forza : Burnout/Need for Speed.

Says the man who doesn't have a license to drive? I mean really, what do these guys know anyway? Have you played both games with a wheel out of interest?

those guys know like all other review sites to give biased reviews of big exclusive games ;). forza isn't even trying to be a sim but its a nice balance between realism and arcade.

You don't need a license to know when a cars physics is "better". Even if I had a license, I still wouldn't know what it's like to throw a car around a hairpin corner at 100KPH.

And I'm sorry, but after enduring the first 3 minutes of those two boring, monotone idiots I'm not sitting through the other 30 minutes to see what they think of GT.
    Yeah, but there are more realistic flight sims on the market than MS Flight Sim, just because it says the real flight simulator does not mean a tap.

There is Over G fighters, its more realistic than the arcade Ace Combat but the physics in Over G can be all over the place at times.

I know this but I was making a simple comparison. I think you might be reading into it too much ;)
    Back to diving games, between GT and Forza, to me Forza 1 and 2 felt exactly like all the other GT games, stiff rigid on rails type of thing. Forza 3 feels alot more natural like this latest GT demo. yeah Forza 3 treats you with kid gloves with all the assists on, thake them off and it's as brutal as the newest GT.

I drove Forza without any assists throughout the game because it gave you more game credits in each race win, but it's still nowhere near as difficult to handle a car as GT. By difficult, I mean realistic. You can still throw the cars around in Forza in a way that would be completely unforgiven in GT, and in real life. Also, without assists on in forza, somehow the brakes become absolutely torrid things. You get used to it, but it's in no way realistic to have the same braking mechanism on a Ferrari and a Ford focus.

And also the fact that you can rewind time is a bit awful for a "sim" attempt. Sure, you don't have to do it, but if you dump the car into the grass on the final corner of a race you were leading only to return to the circuit in third can be saved by rewinding, there's no fear of driving badly. You take more risks because you can. And everyone does it. No point in showboating and saying people simply don't use that feature - they do. All the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Didnt think much of the demo, been playing Forza 3 the past few weeks and this seems bland and boring compared to it.

And also the fact that you can rewind time is a bit awful for a "sim" attempt. Sure, you don't have to do it, but if you dump the car into the grass on the final corner of a race you were leading only to return to the circuit in third can be saved by rewinding, there's no fear of driving badly. You take more risks because you can. And everyone does it. No point in showboating and saying people simply don't use that feature - they do. All the time.

rewind was hinted at for the final version of GT5.

rewind was hinted at for the final version of GT5.

That would be a tragedy tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Just popping in to say:

IT'S NOT A DEMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

Just popping in to say:

IT'S NOT A DEMO.

On the main menu screen it says "This is the demo version of the upcoming Gran Turismo 5, due for release in 2010." :confused:

If it's not a demo, what is it and why does it refer to itself as a demo?

Advertisement