Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GT 5

Options
  • 12-12-2009 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

oooooh i just cant wait for this one !!! :D:D:D

anybody else soo tempted ?

anybody got a release date ?

what about the features ? (will we be able to play our own music during play ?)

anyway, get chatting :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Could be delayed 'till summer :(

Hopefully that's just for the yanks, though. Otherwise, the Japanese date is March

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Could be delayed 'till summer :(

Hopefully that's just for the yanks, though. Otherwise, the Japanese date is March

TBH i dont want to hear any rumors or leaks or anything unless its coming from Sony them selves !

fed up with crap from others, like the sixthaxis said we would have it on the 12th ! liars !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Demo on the 17th of Dec ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I wont care for this game until it is in my PS3 and available on the XMB. GT6 should have been released by now and GT5 a few years ago.

only one track and a small number of cars ???

whats on it exactly ?

cant wait anyway though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

robbie_998 wrote: »

whats on it exactly ?

Well it's a demo, it's hardly like they're gonna give you a 5 hour campaign or anything.

It's a time trial, fastest lap get's to drive a car on some famous race track .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭rizzla

whats on it exactly ?

It's only 1 track and 1 car but 2 versions of it. Stock and Tuned.

Hope it's good when it gets released but I have a feeling the wait won't be worth it.

TBH i dont want to hear any rumors or leaks or anything unless its coming from Sony them selves !

fed up with crap from others, like the sixthaxis said we would have it on the 12th ! liars !

That info is from Sony themselves. March is still set for Japan but they said westerners will have to wait until summer, the only question is if they'll delay it for EU gamers, because we bought more GT then anyone else last time 'round, and we got it before Japan!

had a go at the GT site and found this about the trials:

Linkyhttp://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/academy/2010/
    It’s your first chance to play Gran Turismo- 5 - and the way into 2010’s GT Academy, where you could become a real racecar driver!

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) and Polyphony Digital Inc have announced the imminent arrival of a playable time trial from Gran Turismo®5 for PlayStation®3 (PS3™). On 17 December, a downloadable, one-track level featuring the Nissan 370Z will hit PlayStation®Network – and it’s the real thing: an against-the-clock trial from one of the most eagerly awaited games ever. This time trial does more than give you early access to Gran Turismo 5. It’s also your entry point for 2010’s GT Academy, the competition that will find Europe’s best virtual drivers and train them to become real-life racing drivers at the UK’s famous Silverstone racetrack.

Last year, PlayStation and Nissan’s GT Academy transformed the life of Spanish student Lucas Ordoñez, who entered the GT Academy and emerged a fully fledged member of the Nissan race team, winning his spurs at the Dubai 24H. This is your chance to follow his steps as a virtual-to-real racecar driver. This is your chance to join him. Download the Gran Turismo 5 time trial on December 17 and try to beat the clock. Your best time will be uploaded to a national leaderboard – and you can keep improving it, again and again, until the demo is taken down in late January. When that happens, the 20 fastest drivers will be invited to a national final, where they’ll race head-to-head on Gran Turismo 5 and undergo a series of aptitude tests. From there, the winners will be taken to Silverstone, where they’ll get behind the wheel of a Nissan 370Z for real as part of 2010’s GT Academy.

The first full Gran Turismo title for PS3, Gran Turismo 5 will give you even more of the astounding realism, design and in-car physics that the series has won acclaim for – it’s the drive of a lifetime. You’ll get to tackle the world’s most famous racetracks, rendered in High Definition graphics – and you’ll get behind the wheels of some of the most legendary cars in motor racing from past to cutting-edge present. The return of a gaming legend is imminent and your first glimpse is arriving in the form of a playable time trial on December 17. Whether you’re after stardom in GT Academy or you just want to be the first onto the Gran Turismo 5 racetrack, this is an experience not to be missed.

Also on the site is pictures of the car they are giving in the Demo (Nissan 350Z (i think))

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

had a go at the GT site and found this about the trials:

Linkyhttp://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/academy/2010/

Also on the site is pictures of the car they are giving in the Demo (Nissan 350Z (i think))

Nissan 370Z...it says it in the article you found:p:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I wont be to pushed about the demo but would like to see a European release date, I would guess that alot of people will import anyway if the date is anything like 3 + months after Japan.

I got to preview the demo, so check out my little review of sorts.

Basically it boils down to the demo not having any of the features we want, but instead is a straight up time trial. No crash damage, head tracking or fun stuff. Also, it runs really slowly in the menu system (which looks a lot like the PSP menu system)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

I thought they started selling the demo about two years ago? :confused:

milltown wrote: »
    I thought they started selling the demo about two years ago? :confused:

True enough but the game feels a lot different now. The engine is more polished and cars react a lot more to movement on the track so you have to keep adjusting to the cars weight shifting - which is amazing.

I'm still second in the world with my (imo) mediocre times. Yamamuchi is number one.

I'm beating the other Irish people who are currently on it by a good bit so I feel good. Would be hilarious if I got through to the academy without a drivers license :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Would be hilarious if I got through to the academy without a drivers license :D

I'll happily take your place with my expired provisional license;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

I got to preview the demo, so check out my little review of sorts.

Basically it boils down to the demo not having any of the features we want, but instead is a straight up time trial. No crash damage, head tracking or fun stuff. Also, it runs really slowly in the menu system (which looks a lot like the PSP menu system)

did you try cutting corners or hitting walls to see what kind of penalty system they're using. is there an option for selecting standard or professional physics? any tuning allowed on the cars?

did you try cutting corners or hitting walls to see what kind of penalty system they're using. is there an option for selecting standard or professional physics? any tuning allowed on the cars?

No. The demo is exactly as I described it. The Nissan comes in two flavours - standard & tuned. Nothing else can be done on it to help give you an advantage.

Cutting corners will not work as the car cannot stay in a straight line on the grass. You can cut the apex fairly tight, but there is a fine line between taking a tight line and getting sent off into the grass backwards.

If you hit a wall your time is eliminated (it goes red) and your next lap will not count either (because you could use the wall to adjust the cars trajectory on the main straight to get extra speed out of the corner).

The demo is flat. It is what it is because no one should get an advantage over anyone else when setting a time.

No. The demo is exactly as I described it. The Nissan comes in two flavours - standard & tuned. Nothing else can be done on it to help give you an advantage.

Cutting corners will not work as the car cannot stay in a straight line on the grass. You can cut the apex fairly tight, but there is a fine line between taking a tight line and getting sent off into the grass backwards.

If you hit a wall your time is eliminated (it goes red) and your next lap will not count either (because you could use the wall to adjust the cars trajectory on the main straight to get extra speed out of the corner).

The demo is flat. It is what it is because no one should get an advantage over anyone else when setting a time.

wow, very limited alright,

how did you download it ?

could you pass it on to us ? ;)

wow, very limited alright,

how did you download it ?

could you pass it on to us ? ;)

lol

I'm the ringmaster on shoryuken.ie (and now, .eu) so I often get good stuff early. Sure it's only 2 days away and honestly, not worth a major amount of fuss. It's no substitute for a real demo...

Its to get something to play anyway in the time before it is released here. Hope the next 3-6 months flies and we can get the proper full on GT5 that so many want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Anyone download the time trial yet? I downloaded it a few minutes ago but seems to be stuck on intro screen for me. File size was 219MB and after accepting the terms you arrive at screens showing you the cars on the track and you are supposed to press X to accept but nothing seems to be happening for me.

Might try deleting and downloading again.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭sockpuppets

bucks73 wrote: »
    Anyone download the time trial yet? I downloaded it a few minutes ago but seems to be stuck on intro screen for me. File size was 219MB and after accepting the terms you arrive at screens showing you the cars on the track and you are supposed to press X to accept but nothing seems to be happening for me.

Might try deleting and downloading again.

yeah downloaded it fine. its really just prologue with updated driving physics. fairly disappointing actually. same music as prologue too

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

It gets a big 'meh' from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Any reason for getting a meh?

yeah downloaded it fine. its really just prologue with updated driving physics. fairly disappointing actually. same music as prologue too
    Shzm wrote: »
    It gets a big 'meh' from me.

Did you guys not read what I said?

It's not a demo, as I said, it's a time trial to get a racing driver more then an actual gameplay demo of GT5. If it were a gameplay demo it would have had more races and crash damage to show off.

Its not really a "proper" demo of GT5. Thats the way I am viewing it as anyway. Its only a time trial competition and I wouldnt be to worried to how this relates to the new game.

I know im not going finish in top 20 so its only something small to enjoy before we get a new, better demo or more likely, the game itself.

Edit : ^^^ Beaten to it, forgot to save my post. Woops.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭ongarite

Hey projectmayhem,

Are you using a wheel for the time trial? It seems to be a necessity for racing with the new professional physics driving model.

I see the online leaderboards and you are the 33rd ranked Irish driver at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Did you guys not read what I said?

It's not a demo, as I said, it's a time trial to get a racing driver more then an actual gameplay demo of GT5. If it were a gameplay demo it would have had more races and crash damage to show off.

Yeah I did, and it still gets a 'meh' from me.

I realise what it is and its purpose, one which I thought could be quite cool. Untill I loaded it up and discovered that you need to be a uber car sim nerd with a €200 wheel setup to enjoy it. Being a casual GT player using a pad just tends to end in frustration as the car locks up and slides in to the sand trap.

But then I guess it's just not aimed at people like me. :)

ongarite wrote: »
    Hey projectmayhem,

Are you using a wheel for the time trial? It seems to be a necessity for racing with the new professional physics driving model.

I see the online leaderboards and you are the 33rd ranked Irish driver at the moment.

No just the controller, though I do want a Logitech G25/27. Someone get me one, cheers. :)

• Advertisement

this car is a pain in the ass !!!

Advertisement