Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Repair Galway city (merge)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭forumfiend

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Do I honestly give a sh1t? I'm not going to hold boards.ie ltd. liable for my ramblings and 2nd hand info. If you really care that much, do your own investigation and give us your feedback

Well your comment was a bit pointless to be fair :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

Computer troubleshooters near the cresent have fixed two laptops for me within days and no problems
    www.ctsgalwaywest.com

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭liam12989

Need to get my dell inspiron fixed? anyone know any good places? also its vista and was wondering how much roughly would it be to get windows 7 installed

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

liam12989 wrote: »
    Need to get my dell inspiron fixed? anyone know any good places? also its vista and was wondering how much roughly would it be to get windows 7 installed
    Ah don't go paying someone to install windows 7 for you, it honestly has to be one of the easiest operating system to install. Windows 7 cost around €90 to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Hi liam12989, I put your thread in with a big one that already has lots of suggestions where to get a lappy fixed.
    In the Laptop forum they can also help with technical questions you may have.

What model Inspiron is it? What seems to be the issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭liam12989

its a 1501.it froze on my before xmas so i turned it off and den back on.i started it in safe mode.after shuting down safe ode and restarting normally just a black screen comes up after the welcome message.all you can see is the cursor

For the technical issue I suggest you start a thread in Computers so we don't clog up this thread with tech help. The nerdy geeks helpful people over there will be able to diagnose it and direct you. Locate any discs that came with the computer. You should try this way before spending the monies to have a pro just wipe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'd say you'd get a quick fix over there, I'd say at worst you'll need to do a repair install.

Please mind the language natali99. You're not making friends here by calling shops **** and foreigners.
    At the end of the day you got your lappy back, only you had to pay 40 euro more than if you would have shopped around first.
    "Caveat emptor" springs to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

thanks for the info natali - ill be stayin well clear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IsThisIt???

I know there is a Galway laptop thread somewhere but I need a quick reply.

The bit that connects my charger to the laptop is broke and I need somewhere that can do a good, quick job. I already went to the place on shop st. above that joke shop and they "fixed" it. Clearly didn't do a good job as i've only used it on tables and here we are again! Any help is appreciated...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭W!zard

Try Laptec on Eyre Street, pretty sure they can fix it correctly.

I take it is the "bit" that is not the cable itself but the plug hole in the laptop, then it could be a right pain to get fixed right. Is it loose ? Does your adaptor cable look ok including the adaptor power box ?
    Don't open the laptop as you could break it further, but if you do, check out the laptop manual diagram of the internal layout and see if anything is a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IsThisIt???

Sorry should have been clearer, it's the cable that's damaged. The bit of the cable that connects to the laptop to give it it's technical name ;)

Cheers for the advise, i'll give them a try

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭W!zard

That's alright then, you can get a replacement in Laptec, PC World or Maplins. There is also universal adaptors, so nothing to worry about but I think that cable has had its day! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭legatti

ebay is much cheaper, and try to get a original part for your laptop made by the laptop brand,
    i had this problem and went through approx 10/12 replacement chargers the worst are the universal ones,maplin will charge you €50 for something that is crap and you can get much better for €20 on ebay, beware as i bought one (another universal one) that melted,
    had my daughter not noticed it hate to think what would of happened:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

Two problems with my PC.

1 - it gets hot and turns off
    2 - issue with pop ups all over the place

Where I can I get it cleaned and sorted in Galway?
    And how much should I pay?

:)

Advertisement