Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Repair Galway city (merge)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

I was about to ask the same question, where is that place?

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

minxie1 wrote: »
    up by mcswiggans

Near the hole in the wall

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭rosboy

Thanks all. I found the link online for it: http://www.lapteck.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

Anyone know of somewhere in Galway I could send a laptop to get fixed? It's a hardware problem not a software problem. Any recommendations of anyone who's good?

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

Lapteck on Eyre Street are really good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I have a couple of friends who swear by Laptech too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

What do you need done? I've plenty of contacts who would be much more reasonable than Laptech - Not that they're less competant, but have lower overheads hence lower prices.

PM me if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭biffoman

JohnCleary wrote: »
    What do you need done? I've plenty of contacts who would be much more reasonable than Laptech - Not that they're less competant, but have lower overheads hence lower prices.

PM me if you want
    hi, hope im not being cheeky but i have a laptop that needs a look at.the usb ports arent working.what do you recon john?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Check The Bios :D

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Check The Bios :D
    whats bios?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Go with Johns suggestion so :p

john i cant pm you for some reason.heres my no.0 <no mobiles> .cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

there was a very similar thread on this before,cant seem to find it though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

dafunk wrote: »
    Anyone know of somewhere in Galway I could send a laptop to get fixed? It's a hardware problem not a software problem. Any recommendations of anyone who's good?

avoid the guys who advertise in the the advertiser. they are cowboys.

Fuinseog wrote: »
    avoid the guys who advertise in the the advertiser. they are cowboys.

LOADS of people advertise in the Advertiser? Who are cowboys? (So we know to avoid them)

Give us examples rather than sweeping generalisations

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭helios12

swalsh wrote: »
    Lapteck on Eyre Street are really good.

Asked for a pretty common computer cable in there twice and was twice handed the wrong one but it could be worse...you could have to use PC World:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

LOADS of people advertise in the Advertiser? Who are cowboys? (So we know to avoid them)

Give us examples rather than sweeping generalisations

Rather than to point out bad apples (which we can't verify and could be BS anyway) point out good ones from personal experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

Sent you a PM there John Cleary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭dark21

try pc trouble shooters
    found them very reasonable and helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Upandheading

guy called sean loewen runs a small company called pcgp (www.pcgp.ie) - i found him very helpful and reasonable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 voyageuse86

Hey
    I need to get my laptop repaired and was wondering where is the best at a price that wont break the bank?
    Saw mobile phone services on william street. are they any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Try lapteck beside mcswiggans. Not sure what their repair work is like, but ive bought stuff off them and they are sound to deal with.

Look in galway advertiser in the computers section in the classifieds..phone some in there for a price

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Tony Almeida

there should be a sticky for this, because it comes up so often - and it would be handy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭jkforde

Can recommend Data Defence, Konrad is the fella's name... http://www.datadefence.ie/home_service.html. I've no link to him, just used his services and found him to be sound and no greedy prices.

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

I'm not going to name-and-shame as it's only 2nd hand info, but a business/person that has been mentioned in this thread i've heard bad feedback about. Basicly a customer of mine dropped off a laptop to them to get the LCD screen 'fixed' (Don't know if it was the backlight or screen itself that needed replacing) - basicly it's been weeks and no fix, no response and person won't answer the phone ... beware!

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

LowOdour wrote: »
    Try lapteck beside mcswiggans. Not sure what their repair work is like, but ive bought stuff off them and they are sound to deal with.

Look in galway advertiser in the computers section in the classifieds..phone some in there for a price

I second Lapteck. I've used them a couple of times and found them to be very good.

I'm not going to name-and-shame as it's only 2nd hand info, but a business/person that has been mentioned in this thread i've heard bad feedback about. Basicly a customer of mine dropped off a laptop to them to get the LCD screen 'fixed' (Don't know if it was the backlight or screen itself that needed replacing) - basicly it's been weeks and no fix, no response and person won't answer the phone ... beware!

this info is relatively useless unless you tell us which one it was :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭forumfiend

AthAnRi wrote: »
    I second Lapteck. I've used them a couple of times and found them to be very good.

A few months ago, based on comments I saw here, I went to Lapteck with a laptop spec and price I got from a shop in Dublin and said I'd prefer to buy it locally if they could match it or come close. The guy took all the details and promised to contact me in a day or two, when I hadn't heard from him after two weeks I bought it somewhere else. YMMV but that's my experience anyway.

• Advertisement

this info is relatively useless unless you tell us which one it was :confused:

Do I honestly give a sh1t? I'm not going to hold boards.ie ltd. liable for my ramblings and 2nd hand info. If you really care that much, do your own investigation and give us your feedback

Advertisement