Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 14

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

LOL
    I typed that before the 60 yard TD to Jackson.
    You can't beat a shoot-out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Huge Giants fan but whether we win or lose this game, all I can say is What a game. End to end stuff. Great game!
    cooker3 wrote: »
    Wow, turning into an epic game.
    Mistakes all over the shop but sure makes it entertaining.

I am glad I stayed up for this :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Surprised philly didn't go for 2pts last time. Cracking game though, safeties opitional it seems.

Surprised philly didn't go for 2pts last time. Cracking game though, safeties opitional it seems.

But there has been safeties playing every down!!
    You and your hyperbole!

cooker3 wrote: »
    But there has been safeties playing every down!!
    You and your hyperbole!

:pac: nh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

Desean Jackson is making me his bitch in my fantasy playoffs!, it sort of ruins my enjoyment of the game itself :(

Nice drive by the Eagles, touch down, take a lot of time off the clock and a 2 point conversion

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DonkeyPokerTour

Game over and Giants season over too.

Questions will be asked about Eli's "fumble" and McNabb's "Fumble".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

In fairness, Eli has been good tonight. Not quite over yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

Collinsworth being a tad harsh on Manningham for the TD IMO

• Advertisement

Giants season isn't over, only a game behind cowboys and there not exactly clutch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭Hynzie

Mario was so close to making that catch but as Colinsworth said he really has had trouble all season with running routes to far outside and keeping his feet in bounds on catches close to the sideline. It really is frustrating to watch as a Giants fan because he has so much talent.

Giants season isn't over, only a game behind cowboys and there not exactly clutch.

If they lose here, I would still see the Giants finishing ahead of the Cowboys looking at the remaining schedules

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

And the Cowboys will face an undefeated Saints in New Orleans next Saturday? Plus, DeMarcus Ware was hospitalised with a neck injury this weekend and may not play?

I think cowboys are going to miss out for the play-offs and it will be bye bye Wade.

If they lose here, I would still see the Giants finishing ahead of the Cowboys looking at the remaining schedules
    And the Cowboys will face an undefeated Saints in New Orleans next Saturday? Plus, DeMarcus Ware was hospitalised with a neck injury this weekend and may not play?

Wasn't even 100% sure of the schedule but seeing it now it's a handy one for giants. Cowboys have the Saints in the Dome and then away at the Redskins. Giants away at the Skins then home to the Panthers. I think giants have the advantage if it's a tie.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

They might both miss out, the Falcons are only a game back now with a fairly easy finish, the Jets away is their only tough matchup, they have the Bucs away and the Bills at home.

Giants face the Vikings in their last game as well as a tough visit to the Redskins next week.

Wasn't even 100% sure of the schedule but seeing it now it's a handy one for giants. Cowboys have the Saints in the Dome and then away at the Redskins. Giants away at the Skins then home to the Panthers. I think giants have the advantage if it's a tie.

Yes Giants have the tie breaker. However, the real crunch could come in week 17. If Minnesota still have something to play for then I cant see the giants beating them. Also a lot rests on the Redskins, if they go 1-1 in their next two games they play off's.

The eagles conference championship to lose now, this is what I meant when I said the season was over, I kinda mis-explained myself.

Yes Giants have the tie breaker. However, the real crunch could come in week 17. If Minnesota still have something to play for then I cant see the giants beating them. Also a lot rests on the Redskins, if they go 1-1 in their next two games they play off's.

The eagles conference championship to lose now, this is what I meant when I said the season was over, I kinda mis-explained myself.
    You managed to not explain it correctly now. Divional Championship looks over and done, conference is a whole other thing. :)

eagle eye wrote: »
    You managed to not explain it correctly now. Divional Championship looks over and done, conference is a whole other thing. :)

Technicalities, Technicalities. Its 5am and my team just lost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

very disappinting loss. we have absolutely no D whatsoever. Loss hurts more as Cowboys lost which would have meant 3 way tie. Happy enough offence apart from fumbles and not keeping in bounds. Sheridan as DC should be fired at years end (i would prefer before next game but that won't happen).

Big ask just to make playoffs but i still thing Giants may sneak spot 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Unless the Saints start to recoil, and field a weakened team, then they will steam roller the Cowboys. I have faith in the Cowboys taking the last two games, and with NYG having the Vikings on the last day, I would be hopeful that the Cowboys could sneak it, provided they take the Skins, which is a tall order at any time

Anybody watching the game. I just have to say that regardless of the result fo the challenge on this play, thats just a ridiculous grab by Fitzgerald. The guy is just unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

eagle eye wrote: »
    Anybody watching the game. I just have to say that regardless of the result fo the challenge on this play, thats just a ridiculous grab by Fitzgerald. The guy is just unreal.

Hard to know if it was the right call or not.
    It could have just as easily been called down by contact before the ball was ripped out.
    As Gruden said in commentary if it was called correctly it is a ridiculous rule to penalise such a great play by Fitzgerald.

Nonetheless a great defensive performance by the 49ers - if they can repeat the same aganst Philly next week it could throw the cat amongst the pigeons in the NFC East and West.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Conveniently enough, the day the Rams finally release Richie '15 yard penalty' Incognito for discipline issues, the other starting guard Jacob Bell gets put on IR.

If Steven Jackson was to leave this summer I'd applaud him for his talent, his guts, and his ability to come back week after week in a dead season behind a clown college of an offensive line and nobody quarterbacks, and put up numbers. Guy is a model player.

Advertisement