Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 14

Options
  • 10-12-2009 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭

thought i'd start this thread before the games commence early tomorrow morning

Thursday, 10 December 2009
    Cleveland Browns v Pittsburgh Steelers, 01:20
    Sunday, 13 December 2009
    New York Giants v Philadelphia Eagles, 01:20
    Atlanta Falcons v New Orleans Saints, 18:00
    Baltimore Ravens v Detroit Lions, 18:00
    Chicago Bears v Green Bay Packers, 18:00
    Houston Texans v Seattle Seahawks, 18:00
    Indianapolis Colts v Denver Broncos, 18:00
    Jacksonville Jaguars v Miami Dolphins, 18:00
    Kansas City Chiefs v Buffalo Bills, 18:00
    Minnesota Vikings v Cincinnati Bengals, 18:00
    New England Patriots v Carolina Panthers, 18:00
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers v New York Jets, 18:00
    Tennessee Titans v St Louis Rams, 18:00
    Oakland Raiders v Washington Redskins, 21:05
    Dallas Cowboys v San Diego Chargers, 21:15
    Monday, 14 December 2009
    San Francisco 49ers v Arizona Cardinals, 01:30

There is a lot of Intriguing games this weekend which will have major bearing on playoffs. Looking forward to NFC East show down at Giants Stadium early Monday morning. I hope the Giants can get up for this game just like the Dallas one. Eagles seem to have it over Giants lately so should be a cracker.

In AFC the defending champs need to beat Browns to have any hope of making playoffs. Indianapolis Colts v Denver Broncos and Jacksonville Jaguars v Miami Dolphins game should be close run affairs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭_Buck Rogers

I'm eager to see how the titans do after their streak ending. Also eager to see how the vikings do after their loss

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Cleveland Browns v Pittsburgh Steelers PS
    Sunday, 13 December 2009
    New York Giants v Philadelphia Eagles PE
    Atlanta Falcons v New Orleans Saints NOS
    Baltimore Ravens v Detroit Lions, 18:00 BR
    Chicago Bears v Green Bay Packers, 18:00 GBP
    Houston Texans v Seattle Seahawks, 18:00 HT
    Indianapolis Colts v Denver Broncos, 18:00 DB
    Jacksonville Jaguars v Miami Dolphins, 18:00 MD
    Kansas City Chiefs v Buffalo Bills, 18:00 KCC
    Minnesota Vikings v Cincinnati Bengals, 18:00 CB
    New England Patriots v Carolina Panthers, 18:00 NEP
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers v New York Jets, 18:00 NYJ
    Tennessee Titans v St Louis Rams, 18:00 TT
    Oakland Raiders v Washington Redskins, 21:05 OR
    Dallas Cowboys v San Diego Chargers, 21:15 DC
    Monday, 14 December 2009
    San Francisco 49ers v Arizona Cardinals, 01:30 AC

An interesting week, I'm obviously 'very' interested in the Broncos/Colts game, we need a win to clinch a wild-card (maybe-ish division), they want home-field advantage, so.........both teams will be trying hard. Will Manning prove what a great QB he is and lead them to another win, or will the Broncos (who have improved 'again') pull out a shock win !?! What's the Colts 'achilles heel' (taken from NFL.com), is it defending against the run ? well, our RBs did pretty well last week. PS. I'm also hoping for a Dallas win, come on ye cowboys :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

I'm eager to see how the titans do after their streak ending. Also eager to see how the vikings do after their loss

I can see the Titans crushing the Rams to be honest. Chris Johnson will have about 2 or 3 long runs.

Some potential great games in the mix.

Vikes @ Bengals - This will be a tight game. I can see the Vikes scraping this one. You would expect them to bounce back. I think the Bengals will suffer against the Strong Run Defense of the Vikes. This will edge the game in Vikings favour.

Colts @ Broncos - Not a lot of people give the Broncos any credit but I can see this being a another close affair if the Broncos Defense fire on all cylinders. Pressuring Manning will be the key to this one. Orton just needs to get the job done.

Giants @ Eagles - Must win for both teams. Eagles 1 win up on the Giants but if the Giants take this one they level it up but have the advantage in Division wins at 4-1 and Eagles will drop to 3-2. Eagles win it puts pressure on both Giants and Cowboys in remaining games. They will be looking closely at the Cowboys game against the Chargers Sunday night.

Chargers @ Cowboys - Chargers are back on form. 7 games without a loss. This will be a tough game for the Cowboys defense. If the Chargers get LT and Sproles running effectively and Rivers continues his form this game will be one sided in my opinion.

Packers @ Bears - Big divisional matchup and rivalry. A must win for the Pack to keep in the hunt for the playoffs. The Bears are poor this season and you would expect the Pack to take this. Nothing like the game on opening day.

49ers @ Cardinals - Cardinals have Warner back although he is still suffering from a bad hip it doesn't seem to be affecting his passing. Will the cards cruise in this one after a solid win last weekend against the Vikes? Or will San Fran get that vital win after slipping up with bad play calling against Seattle last weekend. 49ers need to establish that running game this week if they are to beat the Cardinals.

Going to be a cracking weekend of football this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭TheHeadhunter

I can't wait to see the Redskins coming into Oakland. See if the Raiders can win back to back games and to see if Gradkowski is for real or last week was a once off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

I can't wait to see the Redskins coming into Oakland. See if the Raiders can win back to back games and to see if Gradkowski is for real or last week was a once off.

Yeah I missed that one on my list realised after I posted. Gradkowski was excellent last weekend and he seems to be a excellent leader also. Watching him last Sunday he seemed to be in full control of his offense and his players were listening to him. He truly motivated them. Now if Al Davis can actually draft properly for once and draft what you lot actually need you guys can get out of the slump. Maybe the rebuild begins now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Now if Al Davis can actually draft properly for once and draft what you lot actually need you guys can get out of the slump

That's gotta be a pretty big if at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭TheHeadhunter

Ye he looked sharp last week and there was a great story about him getting in Mario Hendersons face in the huddle telling him to "get his f***in head in the game" because Henderson was checking out his blocking on the big screen, apparently Henderson replied "who the hell you talking to?!, oh i'm sorry Bruce, you the man baby"!!

His leadership has been great and has total control of the huddle and the locker room behind him now. It all comes down to how Al takes to the situation. In the offseason he could let Grad go and go back to JaMarcus Russell you just never know but I hope he will see sense and resign Gradkowski (and cut Russell with the uncapped year, although i doubt that will happen).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

Cleveland Browns v Pittsburgh Steelers PS
    Sunday, 13 December 2009
    New York Giants v Philadelphia Eagles PE
    Atlanta Falcons v New Orleans Saints NOS
    Baltimore Ravens v Detroit Lions, 18:00 BR
    Chicago Bears v Green Bay Packers, 18:00 GBP
    Houston Texans v Seattle Seahawks, 18:00 HT
    Indianapolis Colts v Denver Broncos, 18:00 DB
    Jacksonville Jaguars v Miami Dolphins, 18:00 MD
    Kansas City Chiefs v Buffalo Bills, 18:00 KCC
    Minnesota Vikings v Cincinnati Bengals, 18:00 CB
    New England Patriots v Carolina Panthers, 18:00 NEP
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers v New York Jets, 18:00 NYJ
    Tennessee Titans v St Louis Rams, 18:00 TT
    Oakland Raiders v Washington Redskins, 21:05 OR
    Dallas Cowboys v San Diego Chargers, 21:15 DC
    Monday, 14 December 2009
    San Francisco 49ers v Arizona Cardinals, 01:30 AC

Cant wait for these two in particular, love the NFC East crunch games in December

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Fancy the Bengals +6.5
    Chargers +3
    Packers -3

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 luckyboy88

Chargers V Cowboys should be a cracker. Rivers is on fire at the mo. Only the sublime manning ahead of him right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Steelers have a half to save their season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

cooker3 wrote: »
    Steelers have a half to save their season.

1 score game now with 8 seconds left in the 3rd

1 score game now with 8 seconds left in the 4th

in the 3rd lol, lets hope for their sake your post doesnt come true,

In seriousness though, if they lose this they'll have had a five game slide including losses to the Chiefs, Raiders and Browns?, they wouldnt deserve to be in the postseason

in the 3rd lol, lets hope for their sake your post doesnt come true,

My bad, pretty big typo :o

Inside the 2 minute warning now, Steelers needing a touchdown to tie the game have a 3rd and 19 on their own 48, could this be the end of the Steelers playoff hopes

Inside the 2 minute warning now, Steelers needing a touchdown to tie the game have a 3rd and 19 on their own 48, could this be the end of the Steelers playoff hopes

That is the game, they make it 4 and 6 but fail to converst

Game Over, great coverage by the LB in the zone

Game Over, great coverage by the LB in the zone

Should have been an interception

Doubt it'll matter tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

Fair play to the browns. Cribbs was outstanding today and their D were great on the attack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,901 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Steelers OL was chronic, huge problems there. Most of the plays were designed for a quick pass to get the ball out of Big Ben's hands before they got near him. Even play action wasn't given him much time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

:eek: i would have had steelers as one of the locks of the week. Without TP the Steelers D didn't have that fear factor. Going to be long winter in Pittsburgh unless by some miracle of all miracle they can get into playoffs. They're done though. Could still effect the playoffs with their remaining games even if they're only playing for pride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

The Steelers made the Browns pass defense look amazing. I blame the Steelers OC. You have to design better plays. Ben does hold on to the ball too long at times, but almost all of those sacks were coverage sacks.

Plus, in those conditions, why weren't they working shorter passing routes and the HB screen more often?. Mewelde Moore is an excellent receiver out of the backfield. Oh well, that's their problem. The Steelers are going nowhere fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Worst. Reigning. Champs. Ever!!!

i didn't think they were worthy winners last year either. What killed me so bad about the Colts losing last year to San Diego is that I know we'd have demolished the Steelers in the Championship game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 keeper2103

Can anyone tell me if Channel 5's game tonight is the eagles @ giants game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

keeper2103 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if Channel 5's game tonight is the eagles @ giants game?

Yeah it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 keeper2103

cheers man!!! go eagles!!! its like a secret on the channel5 website and the nfluk forum pages!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Im beginning to dream of the unthinkable !

The Cowboys might beat the Chargers !!! Cant believe its that close !

Im going to regret writing this, but sure.

Looking bad for Demarcus Ware

• Advertisement

Het-Field wrote: »
    Im beginning to dream of the unthinkable !

The Cowboys might beat the Chargers !!! Cant believe its that close !

Im going to regret writing this, but sure.

Touchdown San Diego, I am wondering what affect that stop in play will and the injury will have on the Cowboys

Advertisement