Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Decision Time looming

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭robbie99

Biro wrote: »
    No he hasn't, he just generalised a few things, like more space, which it actually has less of.

more space than the A4. read the thread :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

robbie99 wrote: »
    more space than the A4. read the thread :mad:

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: all you want, I was challenging the statement that the Superb blows the A6 out of the water. It's an internet forum, we discuss things and objectively question bold statements... it's what makes it all fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

And around and around and around and around.

Lads I'm getting dizzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

No he hasn't, he just generalised a few things, like more space, which it actually has less of.

A6 is slightly bigger, but I'd nearly bet that the Superb has superior rear leg room - it's a bloody cavern in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

And that's where you've just proved that you are going purely from statistics, or what you've read about the car, rather than experience.

Physical dimensions of the A6 are marginally bigger (10cm longer or thereabouts, couple of cm wider), but the space in the back of the Superb is far superior to that of the A6. That's not conjecture, that's not a subjective opinion, that's based on sitting in the back of both cars, after putting the drivers seat in to my driving postion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

I can confirm having test drove an A6, sitting in the back, viewing it in it's entirety that the Superb has superior leg room in the back.

I personally prefer the stereo, nagivation, radar view, parking assistance etc that goes via the Columbas system than what's in the A6.

The beige leather is unbelievably comfortable. The heated seats on the superb are fab, 3 settings. I drove it again on Thursday and there was a hard frost on the car as they had it outside. It was an absolute dream to drive.

The deposit is down, collecting her on the 7th Of jan. From my perspective I get a far better equipped car for 10k less than an A4 and god knows what I'm saving over a brand new A6.

The dual opening boot is what wins it for us(the 10k is a plus!). We've a big Alaskan Malamute dog and having the 5th door is a big plus so we can keep her in the boot when we bring her about the place.

As has been stated anyone who says the Superb doesn't come close to the A4 or A6 in terms of quality or specification either hasn't seen the Superb Elegance in person or is simply a badge snob. It's based on a stretched version of the B6 passat chassis which is bigger than the A4 to start with. It's got all VAG parts so reliability won't be an issue. They've left out the stuff that breaks in the A4 and passat, i.e. electronic hand break, electronic steering wheel lock/ignition system (which I've had to have fixed in my 06 passat). So all the parts are tried and tested for years.

I used to be a badge snob, however I've more money in my pocket now and an extremely well specced car in my drive way (or Will shortly!).

Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

well congrats Flamegrill on your new purchase.
    I hope you & your dog enjoy it.

I think on the options you had narrowed down to, you made the right decision in the end.

To all the audi fans out there I appreciate that the marque has its place and its market. But with Audi, unless the badge starts with an "R" or an "RS" I dont really see the point in them considering what Skoda can offer.

Anyway, congrats again.

ps: Keep an eye on the Superb Estate when it comes out, its really looks an impressive car and may be worth an upgrade to for 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

To all the audi fans out there I appreciate that the marque has its place and its market. But with Audi, unless the badge starts with an "R" or an "RS" I dont really see the point in them considering what Skoda can offer.

So an S8 has no point because of a Skoda? Puh-lease!

Way off topic but what an awful post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Congrats's flamegrill and i standby my now infamous "blows the A6 out of the water" comment(:D) given the money you've saved over an A4 or A6. Hope you and your dog now enjoy you're lavishly equipped car!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭SomeDude

RedorDead wrote: »
    So an S8 has no point because of a Skoda? Puh-lease!

Way off topic but what an awful post.

Careful everyone - audi fanboys don't like the brand being mentioned in the same breath as their stablemate skoda :D

On a serious note, I think most motor enthusiasts will concede that skoda don't have comparable models to audi when it comes to their s and rs models.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

flamegrill wrote: »
    I can confirm having test drove an A6, sitting in the back, viewing it in it's entirety that the Superb has superior leg room in the back.

I personally prefer the stereo, nagivation, radar view, parking assistance etc that goes via the Columbas system than what's in the A6.

The beige leather is unbelievably comfortable. The heated seats on the superb are fab, 3 settings. I drove it again on Thursday and there was a hard frost on the car as they had it outside. It was an absolute dream to drive.

The deposit is down, collecting her on the 7th Of jan. From my perspective I get a far better equipped car for 10k less than an A4 and god knows what I'm saving over a brand new A6.

The dual opening boot is what wins it for us(the 10k is a plus!). We've a big Alaskan Malamute dog and having the 5th door is a big plus so we can keep her in the boot when we bring her about the place.

As has been stated anyone who says the Superb doesn't come close to the A4 or A6 in terms of quality or specification either hasn't seen the Superb Elegance in person or is simply a badge snob. It's based on a stretched version of the B6 passat chassis which is bigger than the A4 to start with. It's got all VAG parts so reliability won't be an issue. They've left out the stuff that breaks in the A4 and passat, i.e. electronic hand break, electronic steering wheel lock/ignition system (which I've had to have fixed in my 06 passat). So all the parts are tried and tested for years.

I used to be a badge snob, however I've more money in my pocket now and an extremely well specced car in my drive way (or Will shortly!).

Paul

Congrats on the wise purchase and the sensible post!! Well wear in your new excellent value motor!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I think it's a fantastic looking car! Well wear.

Advertisement