Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shane Lowry - 2019 Champion Golfer of The Year (note first post please for posting guidance)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Amazing golfer. Would love to see him do the biz this weekend. Very very solid all round, no real flaws in his game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭abff

Frustrating final 12 holes for Shane today. 12 pars, but he should have been 3 or 4 shots better. Hopefully, he'll see a few putts drop tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭searay

I think going into the final round in second place will suit him. Puts pressure on luiten and lowry has made some good charges on the final day. I thought his game looked very sharp and he had the pace of the greens. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Delighted that Shane was under par yesterday, I bet that if you have offered him-3 for the round, he would have taken it. He only has one birdie for the 6 attempts at the 9th and 18th which is giving shots back to the field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

searay wrote: »
    I think going into the final round in second place will suit him. Puts pressure on luiten and lowry has made some good charges on the final day. I thought his game looked very sharp and he had the pace of the greens. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

They were showing his average scoring stats for each day of tournaments played and his average Sunday score is around 68; well below his average for the other three days.

Might well have his best round today, although his 65 on Friday was pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

Need to get 3 tvs, the soccer,the All Ireland and Shane winning the golf. What a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭cormacjones

Pathetic crowds today. What a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,543 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Shane looking very nervous, tee shot off second is his third poor shot already.

Only one decent putt so far today. Lots of missed chances. Looks out of sorts, but a couple of good putts could turn things around. Fingers crossed....

Another short one missed on the 9th. His head must be wrecked at this stage. I know mine is.

• Advertisement

Sand again on 10, 6th time today.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,128 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Putts just won't drop, I think that was the chance gone on 17.

He'll be fair frustrated to miss out by one after all the poor shots he hit today. Good weeks work though tied 2nd. Nice cheque and ranking pts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

Anyone know what his new ranking will be roughly

Steven81 wrote: »
    Anyone know what his new ranking will be roughly

56 or 57 id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,113 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

56 or 57 id say.

@vc606 on twitter has him up to 55.
    He's normally spot on.

PARlance wrote: »
    @vc606 on twitter has him up to 55.
    He's normally spot on.

Big push for end of year, the final series will decide if he gets a Christmas present from Augusta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Pathetic crowds today. What a shame.

Christ I was think that too when watching on thurs/fri thinking they would pick up for the weekend but they never did.

Piss poor turnout to be honest. The welsh are poor sport supporters if it isn't their international rugby team, they get terrible crowds for regional club games.

He'll be fair frustrated to miss out by one after all the poor shots he hit today. Good weeks work though tied 2nd. Nice cheque and ranking pts.

If he had failed to birdie the last, it would have been a bit of a disastrous day for him. As it was, that birdie on the 18th was worth an extra €103,765 in prize money and 7.60 additional world ranking points.

His driving was very erratic today, but his chipping and bunker play were exceptional. If he had had even a bit of luck with the putter, he would have won.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

€195k earnings, cha ching

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Christ I was think that too when watching on thurs/fri thinking they would pick up for the weekend but they never did.

Piss poor turnout to be honest. The welsh are poor sport supporters if it isn't their international rugby team, they get terrible crowds for regional club games.

Did I hear them say the tournament is moving next year? No harm. Celtic Manor is the least attractive looking course I've seen host a big event.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭searay

slave1 wrote: »

His driving early on was poor and got him into trouble and he was bunkered at least 8 times. Other golfers would have ended up +4 or +5 but just like at the British PGA, he kept it going and ground out a great finish. I think we'll see more good finishes from him before the season ends.

slave1 wrote: »

There is a big difference between what his official result earns against what the tournament said would be the prizes, e.g. winner was projected to get €300,000 but Luiten got €375,000.
    http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2014/tournamentid=2014074/eventinfo/index.html

Massive putt for the birdie for Lowery on 18 that earned him easily €100,000. Up to 14th in R2D and breaks the €1 million earnings for the year (most of it since May).

There is a big difference between what his official result earns against what the tournament said would be the prizes, e.g. winner was projected to get €300,000 but Luiten got €375,000.
    http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2014/tournamentid=2014074/eventinfo/index.html

Massive putt for the birdie for Lowery on 18 that earned him easily €100,000. Up to 14th in R2D and breaks the €1 million earnings for the year (most of it since May).

The total prize fund was £1.8 million, with £300k to the winner. Whoever put up the prize money list on the Europeantour website forgot to convert from sterling to euros.

Actual value to Lowry of his birdie on the last was €103,765 as mentioned in my earlier post.

Confirmed in 55th in owgr.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Confirmed in 55th in owgr.

Good season - it would be great to get into the top 50. I didn't see any of the play yesterday, but sounds like it might be worth looking at highlights.

vienne86 wrote: »
    Good season - it would be great to get into the top 50. I didn't see any of the play yesterday, but sounds like it might be worth looking at highlights.

It was frustrating viewing, driver cost him the win. 7 bunkers!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭benny79

yea I thought he really let this one slip especially when Luiten was struggling at the start, taught this was his chance to put some pressure on! but second is nothing to be laughed at. One good put at the start would of got him going, on a side note his short game is quality!

It was frustrating viewing, driver cost him the win. 7 bunkers!!!

Totally agree, not hands in front of face stuff but he just never got going. He should have birdied 9th and on 18, with Luiten way right, he only found the semi rough on the left (after a lucky bounce). That ruled out getting to the back of the green with a chance of an eagle putt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Broke the million pound mark for season earnings yesterday too

Advertisement