Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shane Lowry - 2019 Champion Golfer of The Year (note first post please for posting guidance)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Solo lead now, some back 9 so far. Draining a lot of footage today. Doubt that keeps up for 4 days but great to see

• Registered Users Posts: 7,428 ✭✭✭Trampas

Hits the top and bogeys. While it’s great he gets up to the top but worrying he drops a shot when he gets to the top of the leaderboard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Ah come on, it's not ideal but happens a lot to all kinds of players, he had 4 3s in a row, couldn't quite make it 5.

He can get a little over excited though but he's that kind of player, needs to get up and down on the next to avoid boiling over again.

His mood swings are too severe at times though I'll give you, especially in round 1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,314 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

What a run from the turn! Hopefully can keep it going now.

Just needs to calm down. A fk bomb with a pulled shot in round 1 when up there is a sign of tension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,151 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Unreal shot on 17, should take lead back now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dublin49

great round but got his fair share of putts today but is playing well and hopefully can keep it going,bogeys are going to be plentiful this week so bouncebackability will be important this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭GolfPar

Very good round from Shane yesterday. He had missed the cut 5 times here previously with a best finish of T-67 last year being his best finish so it's not a course he has played well on. Any high finish for him here would be a bonus but still a long way to go as others have said.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

To me the good sign is his putting in general, please hit a hot streak up to and including The Masters

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭coillcam

He dropped a couple nice ones and had a brilliant eagle chip in. Easy to say when it's going well but he did look very relaxed and comfortable addressing his putts. I thought he seemed to take a little more time in reading and his general routine.

Perhaps some time spent with Bob Rotella is paying off. Luke Donald mentioned it in commentary last weekend.

Let's hope he brings this form through the weekend and onto Augusta.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

Something possessed me to throw a tenner each way on him at 70s yesterday. Have never cashed out a bet in my life but he generally hasn’t played well here and the putting yesterday isn’t sustainable. Very tempted to take the €80 they are offering me.

Would love to see him back in the top 50. At his age and with the Portrush 5 year exemption up soon he’s in shady enough territory if he continues sliding down the rankings. He has been able to pick and choose his schedule for years it would be a shock to the system for him to start having to cross out the biggest weeks of the year in his calendar because he hasn’t got playing rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭mitchelsontour

Take the money and put 10 or 20 on his current price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Coverage of lowry is shocking. Missing entire shots, coming in last minute on shots. Meanwhile I'm getting to see Rory scratch his balls

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Another lovely birdie from the big man.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,827 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Was going to say a certain birdie upcoming but commentary just said that was his 3rd shot

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭paulos53

Seamus Power will be hoping that Lowry doesn't add any birdies to his current score of -8.

There is a 10 shot rule this week for the cut. Power finished on +2 so a leading score of -9 could mean the weekend off.

Finishes at -7 anyway, great birdie on 18 following some bogies

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭big_drive

Very good round from Lowry, great to finish with the birdie. -1 appears to be good going today, nobody has bettered a -3 round yet today

• Registered Users Posts: 37,624 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well when there's only 20 players who have shot better than two 71s it's really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Neewollah

Stacked leaderboard now. Steady 1st hole for Shane. Hopefully he keeps himself in contention for tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,803 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I think it is funny - but the language out of him is mad. It doesn't really work for Sky and US broadcasters with him near lead.

Zalatoris fast out of the blocks, lowry now 2 behind

I've been told - (not 100 % sure if true ) - but it can be hard to show Shane live as his on course cursing and that can cause a problem on a live broadcast - parts of America are extremely strict on "cussing" as they say - you can shoot someone - but not talk like an Irish man.

Most areas do not allow obscene language at certain times under their broadcasting act - and Shane is always at it.

Heard them apologising for his "industrial language" yesterday. Anyone watching who's offended by it has likely never swung a golf club.

Unlucky not to be 1 behind, solo 2nd though so he's making a go of it

Zalatoris holeing everything and now Shsne going to bogey again and be 5 behind

Have they muted him now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Things change quick in golf, one behind now and level with Zalatoris

• Registered Users Posts: 51,577 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

FFS Shane. Didn't even touch the hole from 3.5 feet.

• Advertisement

He said exactly the same himself live on air 😂

Advertisement