Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shane Lowry - 2019 Champion Golfer of The Year (note first post please for posting guidance)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,758 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Very strange thing for a pro player to do in such a big event. He would want to sort his head out. Then his carry on after is a bit embarrassing - and I'm a fan. I'd like to see him more on TV - but coverage runs a mile from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well I mentioned his putting a few days ago. Today he's missed 8 putts from inside 15 feet of which 5 were inside ten.

If he holed half of them, and that's not expecting too much, he'd be +1 playing 18.

He's had issues besides putting today but if he improves his putting he'll be in a much better position and contending a lot more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭Xander10

I wouldn't be surprised if that was for and features in "Netflix - Full Swing 2"

We got a lot of the likes of Poulter flinging clubs around in changing rooms for dramatic effect in series 1

Shane heating up, holing putts. Started with a bogey and I was thinking it was going to be another bad day but he's went eagle/birdie on 2 and 3 so there's hope.

He holed a 12 footer on 2 and a 7 footer on 3.

He's +3 now, still lots of work to do but he'll be feeling a bit of confidence after those two holes. Let's hope he can make the cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,396 ✭✭✭Trampas

A right mix bag today. 5 holes and not 1 par. Level for day

• Advertisement

Gets back into making the cut and then just dropped a shot

Bird on last and good chance of making cut. Hits huge tee shot and a awful second shot and pars it. Pack the car and head home

• Registered Users Posts: 20,758 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

And I'm a fan...but it brings the breaking the club into context.

Nothing worse even for us playing with a dude like that ..

He would want to sort his temperament out...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭dublin49

Might make it, not a look of red on leaderboard for now

I suspect the gods have conspired against him.word is weather easier tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭abff

Currently in a tie for 65th, but it keeps changing. Looks like a toss up as to whether or not he’ll make the cut. 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Doc07

He scraped in. He did finish well on the back 9 to make it so might score well rest of weekend, make a few hundred grand and get the confidence up before the Masters.

said in paper he has developed a hook to the left,not a course for wayward driving,

Shane outscored playing partner JT by 3 shots today and he must be thrilled how he has bounced back from the disastrous first round.Another RD in the 60s gets him back on track and on a upward trajectory for the masters

Beaten in a strange match. Only won one hole and lost2&1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Putt on the last at dormy 2 down was awful, that's all I saw.

Pars on 6 and 7 were the killers, two of the easiest holes on the course. You need to be coming away from them -1 minimum. Montgomery birdied both.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭GolfPar

I see BO was caddying for Hatton yesterday. Is that just a once off or permanent arrangement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭coillcam

No idea but I find it funny that he's gone from a grumpy Lowry to a very angry Hatton. He'll need earplugs.

• Advertisement

Lowry getting hammered

One thing is pga tour is not a place to find your game

• Registered Users Posts: 21,124 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

He's in awful form, not the year he'd want that with Ryder Cup on the horizon

I presume he’ll miss next week and then he is playing the next 2 weeks as masters and elevated pga event. I wonder would a trip back home do him good. Just a change of scene

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tintedgreenglasses2016

His match play stats are terrible. Not a major addition to a Ryder cup team

• Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

A wet weekend in Clara might be just the tonic he needs 😅.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Hammering Spieth today but the plane is fueled and engines running. Needed this earlier in week.

Is it pressure getting to him? Only Shane knows

• Advertisement

He's 2 under after 9 so it looks more a case of Spieth playing poorly than Shane lighting it up. Still no harm for the confidence to get a good win today.

Advertisement