Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shane Lowry - 2019 Champion Golfer of The Year (note first post please for posting guidance)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

This guy had 3 shot leads going into multiple majors, and won one of them. He's not you average 50-100 ranking player because they don't do that:confused:

Sure they do. In fact, Andy North and John Daly won multiple majors and would be in that category.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

You know when Shane is doing well because there's no posts in this thread.

If he was +10 this week the usual crowd would be in here listing off his many failings

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

I was posting in pga tour thread. He is playing well just not making too many putts. Hopefully get a top 10 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

I was posting in pga tour thread. He is playing well just not making too many putts. Hopefully get a top 10 anyway.

He looks to have done an amazing up and down on the last after finding water off the tee but it wasn’t shown. That could have been a disaster of a finish but he locked in a top 10 which is a very good week’s work

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Great to see Shane getting a top ten finish,by far his best week since winning the Open.Hope it sets him up for next week.Well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭big_drive

He often gets good streaks together so hopefully this is a sign of good weeks to come

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I heard the Sky Sports commentary say Lowrys caddie had returned this week after a long extended break.

He seemed to make a big difference how it stays good for next week's major.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,669 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Felexicon wrote: »

If he was +10 this week the usual crowd would be in here listing off his many failings

Same with the Mcllroy thread. When the current crop are gone we'll realise how good we had it. No doubt they're taken for granted. They'll be badly missed.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Felexicon wrote: »

Same with the Mcllroy thread. When the current crop are gone we'll realise how good we had it. No doubt they're taken for granted. They'll be badly missed.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Nice fat cheque.

$268,333.33

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭abff

I see that Shane has become the invisible man today, playing with Koepka and Woodland. He just birdied the 7th (his 16th) to go 2 under, hitting his approach to 2 feet from 109 yards. But they didn’t even show him in the background when the other lads were putting.

Good 68, with wind picking up he could be in a great position at the end of the day.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 9,277 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

abff wrote: »
    I see that Shane has become the invisible man today, playing with Koepka and Woodland. He just birdied the 7th (his 16th) to go 2 under, hitting his approach to 2 feet from 109 yards. But they didn’t even show him in the background when the other lads were putting.

He's not just invisible for SKY or the pictures they get from the course. In the previews I heard on Off The Ball he was barely mentioned also.

Very weird, he's the current Open Champion. They were talking to Padraig Harrington and they were talking about McIlroy and Woods. The conversation I heard seemed to be a replay and was cut off, but Lowry was left till last if he was mentioned at all.

TheCitizen wrote: »
    He's not just invisible for SKY or the pictures they get from the course. In the previews I heard on Off The Ball he was barely mentioned also.

Very weird, he's the current Open Champion. They were talking to Padraig Harrington and they were talking about McIlroy and Woods. The conversation I heard seemed to be a replay and was cut off, but Lowry was left till last if he was mentioned at all.

It bordered on a disgrace. Sky Sports receive their feed directly from ESPN, so their hands are virtually tied. That sort of American bias is ludicrous, happier to show random people walking across a car park or a rake plonked in a bunker than the most recent major champion. He was only in a marquee group after all :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭castor 1

It bordered on a disgrace. Sky Sports receive their feed directly from ESPN, so their hands are virtually tied. That sort of American bias is ludicrous, happier to show random people walking across a car park or a rake plonked in a bunker than the most recent major champion. He was only in a marquee group after all :rolleyes:

Fair enough they showed the leaders but also they showed a bunch that weren’t even as good as Lowry, such as Hadwin, Stricker, D Johnson, Ancer, Connors, McIlroy (almost every shot of his), Oosthuizen, Thomas and Spieth.

Hopefully a non US citizen will win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

Great to see a bit of Shane tonight he seems to be striking the ball really well. If he could get a few putts to drop he would be right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Not so great the last hour. Needs a birdie or 2 before the finish

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Not a good sight snapping a club over your knee

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

Big week for Shane as currently outside the top 125 in 131 so needs to do something to make the playoffs. He's out with Casey and Reed in the feature group.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭abff

SeeMoreBut wrote: »
    Big week for Shane as currently outside the top 125 in 131 so needs to do something to make the playoffs. He's out with Casey and Reed in the feature group.

Yes, those dropped shots over the last few holes on Sunday cost him a place in the top 125. Hopefully, he can make up for it this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

Shane playing some nice stuff here. -3 thru 8

• Registered Users Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Trampas

Needs probably around top 20 finish. Bad bogey with a wedge in his hand

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

-9 thru 17 and in the middle of the fairway down 18.

Commentators are just short of calling him a mick, some outrageous comments coming out of them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭bmay529

great round today, 63 with eagle, 6 birdies including dropped shot

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

-9 thru 17 and in the middle of the fairway down 18.

Commentators are just short of calling him a mick, some outrageous comments coming out of them :D

I didn't see any of Shane's round live, just watched some highlights on Twitter.The commentators are dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

Great round for Shane but very congested at the top of the leaderboard. The entire field will be out on the course on Saturday at 9am local time.

I didn't see any of Shane's round live, just watched some highlights on Twitter.The commentators are dire.

What were the commenters saying

• Registered Users Posts: 21,137 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Birdie on first to join leaders at -10. Live on sky sports golf early assume due to weather

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Heard on Radio1 sport that they were out early, straight home to press record.

Shane bogey on 4th, back to -9.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,137 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

2 more birdies now, -11

Advertisement